• 184 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

Posted Image
Unit Name: The Alpha Wolves
Unit Tag: AW0L
Unit Recruitment Page: http://aw0l.enjin.com/recruitment

Unit Philosophy: "Be Effective"
Primary Timezone/Most Active: 1700-2300 PST

Faction: Mercenaries. If you can't tell by our unit name many of us are Clan Wolf pilots at heart (although exiled, hence the unit tags). However, our unit is ultimately a merc unit to take advantage of all that MWO has to offer, as well as enhance our abilities by gaining perspective from all sides and factions.

About Us: TL:DR; we really just like big stompy robots. (And Wolves. Dogs too, for that matter.) Piloting 20-meter-tall machines of war that SHOOT LASERS (shouted for emphasis, lest we forget how awesome that is) is why we're all here. Well, some of us like AC/s too. Not so much LRMs though.

What We Expect:
- The name "Alpha Wolf" carries some responsibility - although, it probably isn't what you think (Interesting thing about wolves and wolf packs - the term "Alpha" doesn't correspond to a hierarchy within a pack, it's more appropriate when describing situational dominance. Wolves operate as a pack/family in the wild, not as a rigid hierarchy like they do in captivity. We think of ourselves more as a family than a hierarchy). We're looking for players that want to be effective and be among others that feel the same.

- While we don't expect you to win every match, we do expect you to have the desire to always improve. We aren't looking for necessarily the best, but people who at least want to be better. We feel that players with a desire to learn, improve and be part of the team are superior to players that don't. I formed this unit with the intent of providing a drama-free place where a group of like-minded players can drop with effective pilots. We wanted a unit where we KNEW we could trust others to watch our backs, allowing everyone to focus on the task at hand. We hunt as a pack, move as a pack, and fight as a pack.

- You need to have some sense of humor. We end up laughing a lot - sometimes because things are funny, many times because things are not. Either way, laughing helps. Remember, it IS a game.

What We Offer:
- A tightly-knit environment where you can drop with effective pilots in CW. Side note: While grievances do pop up from time to time, we have a dedicated Trial of Grievance room where such issues are settled. For reference, the last Trial we had was for the right for a pilot to rename themselves as "Han Solo" for the night - this match was settled in THE RING OF FIRE (Terra Therma) while the unit stood around and arty-striked the two pilots (who were battling with machine guns and flamers). Many of our pilots prefer the extra depth of CW matches, and we often tour the factions so our newer members can benefit from the free mech bay rewards in CW. We have no problem training pilots with the right attitude (we hold training sessions and practices when warranted, with tactics and procedures generated by those of us with a military background and an understanding of how that applies - or doesn't - in MWO). We're all here because we enjoy piloting mechs and doing so effectively - if you feel the same, you'll probably fit right in. We WON'T get locks for you, or offer to carry you through a match. In fact, if you drop with us, you'll probably find yourself competing for damage :)

- A steady group of daily players to drop with in CW. We're a mainly CW-focused group, although we'll grind or practice in the solo/group queues from time to time. Tournaments aren't out of the picture either. We're a relatively new unit, but not very many of us are new - we've accidentally taken 4 planets so far in CW...and that was usually with a group of about 6 players! We drop a 12-man when we can, and we're only about 2 steady/daily pilots away from doing so consistently. By the time you read this, we'll probably blow right past that anyway...

How To Join (and the Process of going AW0L):
- If you like what you see, feel free to fill out a very quick and simple application on our unit page at http://aw0l.enjin.com/recruitment (you'll need a free enjin account to do so - side note, pick "Chips" as a snack for the REALLY important question). From there, you'll get access to our forums, private TS server and the resources we've built along the way. You'll spend a little time as a pack member, getting to know us - please make sure to use that time to ensure we're right for you! Our camaraderie and trust is pretty important to us, and we'll be making sure you have a place in the pack.

If you're interested, but still have questions, feel free to send me a message - better yet, send me a friend invite in-game so you can drop with us and see how we fight.

Edited by MercJ, 02 July 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#2 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

We can't promise everyone will have a place here, but with the upcoming CW event we're relaxing the leashes a bit. If you like what you see, and want to check us out for the duration of the event, feel free to follow the recruitment link.

Edited by MercJ, 26 June 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#3 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:51 PM

Shameless bump

#4 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

Had a good match vs -DW- the other day, and it seems thearticulategrunt was kind enough to record and upload the match for us! Although our Locust wave probably created a TK world record :D it was a fun match overall - good fights all around. Feel free to check it out if you want to see how we play.

#5 Zekeocolypse

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

I have been looking for an active serious group. I play light mechs, usually in a long range, or harassment (or both) role. I am currently in a unit, but you could barely call it active.

#6 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostZekeocolypse, on 02 August 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

I have been looking for an active serious group. I play light mechs, usually in a long range, or harassment (or both) role. I am currently in a unit, but you could barely call it active.

Sounds familiar.......I had the same issue and found myself here and couldn't be happier.

#7 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

View PostZekeocolypse, on 02 August 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

You are welcome to come drop with us and see if we are good fit for you. We are currently Clan Wolf for another 12 days, and then undecided on which faction to jump next (IS is probably high probability though)

#8 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

Shameless bump, putting up some Screenshots of some of our recent CW games vs full units (or close to full units)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 08 September 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#9 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:27 PM

Still looking for active players for CW

#10 Gunner Kisiel

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

Really great group to be in. Join for a few drops and see what we're about.

#11 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Alpha Wolves are still recruiting, currently doing an extended tour with our "parent" faction Clan Wolf. We typically like to add 1-3 members at a time so there is more time to properly train up members to perform at their best.

#12 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:13 AM

Still recruiting, here are some more recent screenshots:

2 member drop:
Posted Image

8 man AW0L vs 12 man DERP (IS vs IS)
Posted Image