Another Newbie!

22 replies to this topic

#21 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

you got it right... start ny playing all the maps.. and trying many mechs, in training grounds...

#22 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 25 June 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

Silly! Altas is Locust food. You need Dual Gauss to squish bugs.

Locust food!? Sigh yes we are one of the popular items on the menu, but I'm no one trick pony :)

Well if you do go to the dark side, here are a few tips; don't rush for an ecm mech. Get the standard variants and build the foundations/basics. Ecm mechs may give you bad habits. Bad habits = easy kill for the enemy. After mastering the standard variants, upgrade to the Ecm variants. Use throttle decay. Also, learn to switch ecm modes as it disrupts the enemy's sensors, so they'll know you're coming. A disadvantage especially when you're hunting assaults in their territory (funnels, choke points, blind spots etc).

After that, modules for maximum "pain in the butt" mode, such as radar dep and seismic sensors. I don't own locusts, but I equipped these modules on my spiders. The basics should be similar.

GL HF, see u on the battlefield.

#23 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

View Postpurplewasabi, on 27 June 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Locust food!? Sigh yes we are one of the popular items on the menu, but I'm no one trick pony :)

Well if you do go to the dark side, here are a few tips; don't rush for an ecm mech. Get the standard variants and build the foundations/basics. Ecm mechs may give you bad habits. Bad habits = easy kill for the enemy. After mastering the standard variants, upgrade to the Ecm variants. Use throttle decay. Also, learn to switch ecm modes as it disrupts the enemy's sensors, so they'll know you're coming. A disadvantage especially when you're hunting assaults in their territory (funnels, choke points, blind spots etc).

After that, modules for maximum "pain in the butt" mode, such as radar dep and seismic sensors. I don't own locusts, but I equipped these modules on my spiders. The basics should be similar.

GL HF, see u on the battlefield.

Seismic wall hack sensor and radar derp are VERY nice to have.

Spider V FTW!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users