6 replies to this topic

#1 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

Hi all, I cannot work out how to share a smurfy build on the forum. I have saved the build and when I hit the save and share I get da few options to copy etc. When I go to post on this forum I cannot paste and I cannot seem to add via the link icon/button. I have googled but the force appears low with me :)

Any help appreciated

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

Click the "Save and share loadout" button.

Now, several boxes will appear with links in them. Copy the text from the "plain link" into a post, and post it. It'll then be a link we can click on and see in smurfy.

Edited by Night Thastus, 27 June 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#3 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

I'm not sure if html would work though, you could try. Just don't add forum tags to it.

#4 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

In addition, some functions on this forum can be wonky, but only if you use Internet Explorer as your browser, all others seem to work fine. So you might want to use another browser if you cannot actually paste within your posts. Or maybe Ctrl-V would work instead.

#5 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

thanks for the help. I think it is an IE issue which is my default browser. I just went into firefox and it is not letting me log in to either this site or smurfy's, like it just doesn't hold m id or password- what's the go with that?

And sorry yes pasting isn't working.

#6 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

No idea about the issues with Firefox, that one works fine for me!

I got a great tip a few days ago though. When posting you can click on the button that looks like a light switch in the top left. That reverts the posting window to plain tekst, all other buttons including smileys etc. are disabled though you can html-code. But even better is that it can get around wonky browsers. Like my required work IE browser I'm using now that doesn't allow the 'enter' command to function when typing.

So the above white-line was made possible by 'flipping that light switch', and I can subsequently switch it back on and insert a ninja smiley for which I don't know the shorthand code, like this! :ph34r: :)

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:42 AM

I use Firefox and like Snagadance it works fine, however I do often find I have to log back in a short amount of time after logging in the first time (sometimes as little as 10 minutes)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users