Community Warfare Hardcore Unit Event

285 replies to this topic

#21 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

View PostSAHIL 619, on 29 June 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

"Load-up your old war dogs and fire up your Fusion reactors; it's going to be a blood bath."
:D :D :lol: :lol: :D BLOOD BATH. :D :D :D Today I got to knew mechs have blood. :lol:

coolant bath

#22 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

hhehe all I had to see was "COMMUNITY WARFARE" to know it's going to be awful, but "HARDCORE UNIT EVENT" in community warfare? lol have fun you guys.

#23 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:18 PM

Okay, so I'm analyzing this data. I remember the Tukayyid event and what place my unit was in then. It's too late to switch factions to a less populated faction, and I know that many of the units we fought with then are units we are fighting with again this weekend, which pretty much guarantees that we'll probably get around the same place as last time, which isn't high enough to earn any rewards no matter how much effort we put in. I'm not being defeatist here, just realistic. Is there any incentive for average and/or smaller teams to put maximum effort into this event?

The Devil Dogs will be fighting, but I don't think we're going to 'go hardcore.' Hell, PGI won't even let us fight for Terra, so even if Wolf surrounds it, who cares? There is no prize for the middle, or lightweights this time around.

#24 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

& the rewards for the personal challenge is... A hula girl, & that's it...

Bah, this isn't worth the frustration. The black flag will still fly sky-high with this one!

View PostTaffer, on 29 June 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

hhehe all I had to see was "COMMUNITY WARFARE" to know it's going to be awful, but "HARDCORE UNIT EVENT" in community warfare? lol have fun you guys.

You took the words out of my mouth. Have fun going after each others throats, units. I'll be sitting & watching this from afar with popcorn in hand.

Edited by DarkMetalBlade, 29 June 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#25 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:09 PM

Good try, at least you try to make something. I don't wan't to bash you guys, the idea of Unit Only based event is great, that the right direction for CW.

I don't care about the rewards, but... It's not by any means "Hardcore" event.

Hardcore would be:

1) Destroyed mechs would be disabled unil end of the event and can no longer be used in it (may need a restriction of mechs allowed in the event from a single person)
2) Unit have limited resources - like only 100 drops per unit
3) Stock mechs use - Yeah! That's hardcore!
4) Clan honor points counter, since their mechs better in stock - they would get penalty points for gang banging, arti and air strike use. (assists will do a minus point, dmg from strikes on mechs will do minus points)
5) Liberty points, for liberating world of faction you have contract with

Those are just examples, if you really wish to go painful way of true HARDCORE Battletech.

Right now, it just massive gang bang event.

View PostDaruwind, on 29 June 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Plus i was expecting little more ranks for personal challenge...like during Battle of Tukayyid. Another Hula girl? Seriously?

How DARE YOU say that divine Hula Girl is not enough reward for you!

Edited by Tank, 29 June 2015 - 09:27 PM.

#26 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

A kill to a thrill...
As the point counting is described, this will be an autowin for a (to stay fair: heretherto unknown) largescale mercenarie company...

#27 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

• If you are in a Unit (no matter the size), every Event Point you earn will count toward both the Personal Challenge and the Unit Challenge.

So, this basically means the biggest units get the highest point values by sheer amount of players? Because let's be honest: 80 points is ridiculously low.

Thanks for setting up an event PGI, but this time I will thoroughly ignore it (may play 1-3 matches in order to farm a Mech Bay in a new Clan allegiance).

#28 DebaucheryNShenanigans

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:29 PM

Im boycotting this crap. -MS- will just smash it, there is no incentive to defend.

plus the rewards are fail.

#29 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

total garbage. CW is DEAD.

same hula girl, we alrdy have from previous MUCH BETTER NON CW event ? lull, i laughed hard to your face. muhahahahaa. NOT worth a single minute in CW torture.

#30 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

Free stuff is free stuff, so thanks, but Ill only play as much CW as i normally do. The rewards dont do anything for me personally not even the unit rewards,maybe if top 5 IS & top 5 Clan all got for House and Clan Leaderboards Reward ..Faction War Horn, Faction Mug, Faction Hanging Item, 100,000 C-bills, and 1,000 GXP.. i would likely have been a little more motivated to put some more time into CW.

Also no 5% CW boost medallion for IS forces ?

Also the Hula girl as the only individual reward, that isn't going to draw any extra solo players into CW as i dont think anyone is going to play CW for that. Had the individual reward been something like 10 points = 1 MC colour, 20 points = 2nd MC colour, 30 points = 3rd MC color OR 10/20 points = Warhorn, i would gurantee an influx of many players into CW for the event, pitty.

Edited by Ace Selin, 29 June 2015 - 11:52 PM.

#31 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

lol a leaderboard cw challenge, hmm idea barrel is getting very low. hopefully there will be a good amount of games running so I can get some free mech bays for LP.

#32 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

So....

1-Units get points attacking.
2-There is a limited time window.
3-Units are pitted against each other on a point basis (instead of, i don't know, beating each other?)

What you are suggesting is that Units should actively search for planets defended by PUGs/smaller Units and crush them with as many tier 1 mechs that they can bring, as fast as possibile.
Even if they wanted to fight other Units, few units will be defending planets, since you get "planet conquest" points, but not "planet defended" points.

In the meanwhile, PUGs are supposed to withstand this for a Hula Girl?

Thank you, I'll pass.

#33 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

Considering how few regular players will be bothering with this, don't forget to have a regular weekend event as well for the other 90% of the player base.

#34 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

Why would you (PGI) Think that giving people cockpit items would incentivize CW? Is there a total disconnect between you and the game population? I love CW and I play it as often as I can because i am a lore hound and it actually means something to me when one of my factions planets get taken, But most of my unit could care less and only play CW because its part of our activity requirements. Giving them a cockpit item isn't going to get them playing it anymore than they do now. You give/gave more and better stuff in all the other contests you do/have done..I just don't get it?
On top of that you specifically gear this contest so MS will win/come in first for the unit competitions. There is literally no point in any other unit competing for the team portions of this event. This is not a bash against MS either..They are what they are and more power to them, literally apparently...So the only logical conclusion I can come up with is MS is what you want for CW in the future.
You want CW to flourish make playing it worth something...Maximize rewards, make a ghost drop worth it...if you maximize rewards there won't be as many ghost drops....work on installing Logistics something....Give us rewards in a contest that are actually worth something.
I know this post will probably go unheeded and unnoticed but am hoping that having one of your staunchest supporters express his displeasure might be a wake up call.

#35 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:01 PM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 29 June 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

I would... But I'm one of those who ready to fight for symbolical and comical prize just for kicks of getting it. We live in days when people play for other reasons then fun...

#36 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:32 PM

If I wasn't in a unit, I'd consider going lone wolf for this event in protest...

1. Worthless individual challenge is worthless. 'nuff said about that already.

2. Unit leaderboards: Since they are based on total points, smaller units need-not-apply. So this will be mostly a show for MS and other ginormous merc conglomerates.

3. "The time has come for the Inner Sphere to rally together; all hope for victory lies in unity."
Actually, for the the southern houses all hope for victory lies in attacking other IS factions since they cannot attack the clans and attacking is the only way to land on the planetary conquest leaderboard. In fact, for the IS in general, the wisest course of action to benefit the most from this even would probably be to boycott the clan front and squabble among each other.
Do these people know what they are doing? Do they understand their own game?

Sigh... I have one face and two palms. And at moments like this I feel that clearly isn't enough.

#37 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 29 June 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

What you are suggesting is that Units should actively search for planets defended by PUGs/smaller Units and crush them with as many tier 1 mechs that they can bring, as fast as possibile.
Even if they wanted to fight other Units, few units will be defending planets, since you get "planet conquest" points, but not "planet defended" points.

I was typing an elaborate description along with a possible solution, when I realized that the response to that would be: CW is for units so join up or deal with it. So I'll be brief: What you describe is the reason almost no influx happens to CW anymore apart from few established units and the occasional PUG that tours the factions for the Level-2-loyalty mechbays (like me) and never touches CW otherwise with a 10-ft-pole.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 30 June 2015 - 02:42 AM.

#38 axerion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 297 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdenwald

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:11 AM

View Post100mile, on 29 June 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Why would you (PGI) Think that giving people cockpit items would incentivize CW? Is there a total disconnect between you and the game population? I love CW and I play it as often as I can because i am a lore hound and it actually means something to me when one of my factions planets get taken, But most of my unit could care less and only play CW because its part of our activity requirements. Giving them a cockpit item isn't going to get them playing it anymore than they do now. You give/gave more and better stuff in all the other contests you do/have done..I just don't get it?
On top of that you specifically gear this contest so MS will win/come in first for the unit competitions. There is literally no point in any other unit competing for the team portions of this event. This is not a bash against MS either..They are what they are and more power to them, literally apparently...So the only logical conclusion I can come up with is MS is what you want for CW in the future.
You want CW to flourish make playing it worth something...Maximize rewards, make a ghost drop worth it...if you maximize rewards there won't be as many ghost drops....work on installing Logistics something....Give us rewards in a contest that are actually worth something.
I know this post will probably go unheeded and unnoticed but am hoping that having one of your staunchest supporters express his displeasure might be a wake up call.

I couldn´t agree more

#39 fishballz

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

1 silly mech bay would be nice instead of hula girl

#40 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:39 AM

View Post100mile, on 29 June 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

+1 exactly what I wanted to address

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users