Is Reall Getting Crapped On

68 replies to this topic

#1 Grimm Hammer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:21 PM

Well the clan's have not only got their new heavy and assault in hands already, but now they are getting the "clan" versions of some of our best mechs. It seems we are really getting the short end of the stick as they are more powerful and now they get to have fun with our HBK that can run 2 UAC20's!!!! I really like my IS mechs but I have been playing with a storm crow lately and it's devastating. I guess politics is in everything anymore. What do you all think? Ando mean people bullies or nay sayer's who jut want to argue, go do that with the wall.

#2 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

Clan IIC mechs will certainly get negative quirks once released. There is no way that Clan mechs with similar tonnages as IS mechs, similar versatility to builds but with Clan XL engines, lighter weapons and 2 slot DHS be anything but overpowering. So negative quirks will be used to try to equalise them.

#3 Grimm Hammer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

But that wont happen till they sell enough of them and by that time usually we have had out butt's kicked way too much.

#4 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:09 AM

I have to agree with Grimm. This is pay2win bs just like when clan mechs first came out.

#5 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:18 AM

short end of the stick, says the uberquirked IS. Or new assault is just a copy of a previous underperforming assault. The heavy is nice though. LMAO

#6 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:33 AM

I honestly think IS is better, lasers have shorter burn times, ballistics are 1 projectile, interchangeable engines and so on...Torso twist is a clanners worst nightmare...it is a skill essential to beating clanners...also..it you are trying to play a long range poke game with a clanner, you are destined to fail...get in close, become adept at brawling and for the love of the "great spaghetti monster in the sky" learn how to torso twist.

#7 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:18 AM

View PostNosferatu 666, on 01 July 2015 - 01:33 AM, said:

I honestly think IS is better, lasers have shorter burn times, ballistics are 1 projectile, interchangeable engines and so on...Torso twist is a clanners worst nightmare...it is a skill essential to beating clanner

Clan lasers do more damage/burn time than IS lasers. They just do a lot more damage overall, so it's stretched over more time.

A Clan ERLL, to take one example, does more damage in 1.25 seconds of burn time than an IS ERLL does in 1.25 seconds of burn time... only for the IS weapon, that is all the burn time it has.

For pulse lasers, the IS has a slight (but really only slight, for example IS MPL 10 dpbts, Clan MPL 9.4 dpbts) edge in this regard only, but much lower range and overall damage.

Edited by Koshirou, 01 July 2015 - 02:22 AM.

#8 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:35 AM

Your "calculations" don't factor in heat and ghost heat.

#9 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:46 AM

View PostNosferatu 666, on 01 July 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

Your "calculations" don't factor in heat and ghost heat.

Well, first of all you better believe they are actual calculations, sans scare quotes. And secondly, you talked about torso twisting allegedly ruining clanners' days because of the long burn times. I just proved that this specific argument is nonsense. If you want to make a different argument, about heat, please do. I'll be happy to stomp that one into the ground, too.

#10 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:03 AM

I expressed my opinion based on my experiences with both, not here to argue...if that bothers you...TOO BAD...get over it, I would also like to point out that torso twisting increasing survivebility is indeed FACT

Edited by Nosferatu 666, 01 July 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#11 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostNosferatu 666, on 01 July 2015 - 04:03 AM, said:

I expressed my opinion based on my experiences with both,

I advise learning to express your opinion more clearly and reasonably then. It's worth the effort, believe me.

#12 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

We will have to see how the BV (battle Value) system plays out on test server this month. It will play a HUGE roll on how these mechs will be stated when they are released.

#13 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostNosferatu 666, on 01 July 2015 - 04:03 AM, said:

I expressed my opinion based on my experiences with both, not here to argue...if that bothers you...TOO BAD...get over it, I would also like to point out that torso twisting increasing survivebility is indeed FACT

So when you are proven wrong you get ancy and start going off topic. lol

#14 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:40 AM

[Redacted] did you even read my original post? MY post is based on my preferences and does indeed include torso twisting...{encumber}........"I honestly think IS is better"

Edited by Rhazien, 04 July 2015 - 03:36 AM.
Nonconstuctive

#15 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

Torso twisting IS mechs does nothing.

1. XL engine
2. You still hit the CT even when I torso twist because my srm/ppc boxes "the arms of the mech" doesn't provide cover for my mech's CT.

#16 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostGrimm Hammer, on 30 June 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

Well the clan's have not only got their new heavy and assault in hands already, but now they are getting the "clan" versions of some of our best mechs. It seems we are really getting the short end of the stick as they are more powerful and now they get to have fun with our HBK that can run 2 UAC20's!!!! I really like my IS mechs but I have been playing with a storm crow lately and it's devastating. I guess politics is in everything anymore. What do you all think? Ando mean people bullies or nay sayer's who jut want to argue, go do that with the wall.

If you think dual cUAC20s is painful, you have not really looked into it.
Only the Jenner IIC looks strong so far.

#17 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

From what I heard, releasing Clan 'mechs before they could find a way to balance them vs. IS 'mechs (either by quality or quantity) was IGP's idea, not PGI's. It was one of their worst decisions because a year and a half later they STILL can't balance them and are relying on a patchwork system of Clan nerfs, IS quirks and shifting the tonnage in CW up and down.

During the last Town Hall, they said they were going to do something major to rebalance all the 'mechs. I hope it works.

#18 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:56 AM

This thread is lol.

#19 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 01 July 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

I advise learning to express your opinion more clearly and reasonably then. It's worth the effort, believe me.

I'm pretty sure that isn't a requirement to post on these forums.....What if English was not his first language? Maybe you should think twice before just insulting people.

While you are up there on your cloud of judgement handing out life lessons, want to give me a weather report?

View PostTriordinant, on 01 July 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

From what I heard, releasing Clan 'mechs before they could find a way to balance them vs. IS 'mechs (either by quality or quantity) was IGP's idea, not PGI's. It was one of their worst decisions because a year and a half later they STILL can't balance them and are relying on a patchwork system of Clan nerfs, IS quirks and shifting the tonnage in CW up and down.

During the last Town Hall, they said they were going to do something major to rebalance all the 'mechs. I hope it works.

Pretty sure that's false, IGP had little to do with Clans....

Also, They have changed Drop Tonnage ONE (1) time, i dont think that really constitutes it going up and down often.

Also, clans are very, very balanced vs IS i have no idea what game you are playing....

Edited by DarthRevis, 01 July 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#20 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 01 July 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

Also, clans are very, very balanced vs IS i have no idea what game you are playing....

From what Russ said in the Town Hall, PGI doesn't seem to think so. Otherwise, what's the major rebalancing for?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users