• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hail,

6. In game always treat Clan-mates, teammates, and opponents with respect.
a. Negative Attitude and disrespectful behaviour (sexism, racism, taunting, insulting, shaming, blaming, etc) will not be tolerated.

This is taken from Clan Diamond Shark's code of conduct. My unit has been in existence since MW2 Kali and I've been a part of it since MW4 (>16 years). I recently stepped down as Khan and have a rank of Loremaster of unit/Galaxy Commander of our training unit Alpha Galaxy but under my Khanship (and the ones that have come before and have followed) our unit has always known and attempted to show a sign of respect to individuals outside of as well as inside of our unit. We understand that our focus on keeping cursing to a minimum, light role play, and keeping our culture one of maturity and respect isn't something that is shared by all units (and we're not ones to judge). However, we strive for respect... to others and to ourselves.

Unfortunately, I did not show the best in behaviours yesterday. Even though I was shown the negative attitude and disrespectful behaviours of taunting, insulting, and blaming due to the fact that my unit observes an internal non-aggression pack against other Clan units (due to light RP elements of associated with Clan Diamond Shark, that the battle for the planet Arkab has been ongoing (CSJ had been underpopulated of late), and to a perception of unwillingness to work with your unit (I did not get but a late start to the event last night multiple comments were bandied my way over in-game text chat that when I entered BSK's channel and asked if the same comments (typed in text) were to be repeated on coms and was informed that it would not happen due to us being at the start of a game (though typing was deemed acceptable) I lost my cool and directed my frustration and anger at the person who had dogged me with disrespect.

Regardless of that warriors behavior, my behavior was inappropriate. I don't care to fall back on machismo posturing which might state that if someone disrespects me I have the right to behave in any way in return. While I'm not a turn the other cheek type of person (i.e., I still harbor resentment to the person who I feel treated me and spoke to me disrespectfully) I understand that someone else's behavior is not a determinate on how I behave. In other words, no matter what anyone else does I have a responsibility to behave in the manner of a trueborn (mature adult male).

And so I apologize to the unit of BSK and the frustration that they bared witness to. I am truly apologetic and feel low that I behaved in such a strong fashion and that the bitterness and sadness of that event stuck with me during and after the match. I have written to my Khan to explain the situation and to apologize to him for my behaviour. I will copy this on the forums of my unit, and will share this with members of BSK who are a strong, powerful Merc unit which is spending time in Clanner space. I'll understand if the unit of BSK cannot accept this apology though I hope there is no hostility or ill will within public channels and promise to support and do my best whenever we find ourselves in games together. I highly respect the unit BSK and hope your team continued success.

In order to make sure nothing like this happens in the future I will make sure that when I'm tired or stressed that I take a break before engaging in discussion with someone that I have a disagreement with. I will ask the members under me to help monitor situations and alert me when they feel any situation is moving out of hand and I will stop and engage members in my unit before I directly address someone who is griefing me.

Additionally, I will be mindful of the fact that there will always be individuals who cut down or tear into others, for whatever reason (this game and life can be stressful and sometimes I imagine that enters into how we treat others), and that I cannot take it to heart. As one person spoke in wisdom during an interaction with a surly CJF pilot from one of their top units ... We should not let the actions of others ruin the enjoyment of a game we love. And I love Mechwarrior. I love my unit, the warriors I fight with, and many of the people I've come across and become friends or acquaintances with during this journey.

Again I apologize.

Thank you,
Loremaster/Galaxy Commander DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa
Clan Diamond Shark's Diamond Shiver / Diamond Skate (Alpha Galaxy)

#2 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:52 AM

We dropped 8 times on a planet with another group also dropping. All our victories had been lost due to the defending group lost the games. When they would not defend, there would have been a better chance for us to get the planet.
We did not know that you had been in that group. Nobody directly pointed at you.

We lost now a planet wich we took before the event...that negates our won planet. This was a ghost defending group.....and they took opver the planet? The game mechanics are broken. Clan Ghost bear is not playing CW anymore. Where is the problem to take their unused planets? They don t care!

I play Batteltech since 1987. I was Loremaster and I have rank 20 at CGB.

When you came into our TS...the drop was lost due to the screaming.

Please relax and see it as it is. It is a game! No need to scream....(OK I get sometimes also noisy...but not like that.)

Sorry. But I would prefer when you delete this thread and send your post to BSK as PM.

07 out.

#3 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 02 July 2015 - 04:52 AM, said:

We dropped 8 times on a planet with another group also dropping. All our victories had been lost due to the defending group lost the games. When they would not defend, there would have been a better chance for us to get the planet.
We did not know that you had been in that group. Nobody directly pointed at you.

We lost now a planet wich we took before the event...that negates our won planet. This was a ghost defending group.....and they took opver the planet? The game mechanics are broken. Clan Ghost bear is not playing CW anymore. Where is the problem to take their unused planets? They don t care!

I play Batteltech since 1987. I was Loremaster and I have rank 20 at CGB.

When you came into our TS...the drop was lost due to the screaming.

Please relax and see it as it is. It is a game! No need to scream....(OK I get sometimes also noisy...but not like that.)

Sorry. But I would prefer when you delete this thread and send your post to BSK as PM.

07 out.

I apologize but I'm unsure to what you're referring to in your first paragraph.

It also sounds a bit... not sure of the word, but saying because your perception is that someone else doesn't care (in the same way as you) that it's right for you to take it. I don't care for my old speakers as much as I do my new ones, it doesn't give you a right to take it. CGB obviously has some units participating in the event so to paint such a large swath of "them" is..., again I can't think of the word.

The game hadn't started when I had my outburst, but you're correct it could be seen that the game was over. The insults that were sent towards me. The disrespect and unfortunate nastiness of comments and behavior... the chiding... it had a negative effect that went past just my game play and really sullied the game for everyone involved.

And sir, I already said my behavior was inappropriate but so was being treated in the ways that I were (which you seem to justify). If it's just a game there's no reason to dismiss or insult people because their opinions are different and their ways of going about things are different (i.e., the constant droning in faction chat (for several days) because people didn't necessarily agree with attacking other clans).

My apology is to the group of people who witnessed and had to hear my frustration, not the person who was the catalyst for the behavior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users