#21 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostAngry bovine, on 06 July 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

No Clans where always going to be in game, why else would they start the game around the year 3050

actually the idea was that CW was going to have 1 year of just inner sphere and then clan invasion.

Hence why the game was in 3049 for a long time and why many people were upset the clan package was coming out BEFORE CW came out.

View PostDemonicD3, on 06 July 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

Who knew that on the mwo"mercs".com forums that so many people would have such a huge problem with fictional mercenary organizations.

Do you want to know the kicker to that statement though? Clan's weren't initially suppose to be in this game. CW was suppose to be just IS warfare but IGP wanted more money I guess and forced that issue (atleast according to what I've heard). The heartattack you clan roleplayers would have had, my god. Perhaps I had heard that wrong though and maybe Clan's were always meant to be in this game.

as I said above. CLans were always meant to be in game, PGI always talked about how they wanted the clan invasion to happen and such.

Another thing is IGP didn't want "more money" and thus released clan mechs for $$$. It was actually PGI who wanted more $$$ this time around and no, PGI was not greedy and trying to mlk, because this money was used to BUY IGP out so PGI is more independent and can do what they want and also get back on track for CW.

#22 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostAlec Braca, on 05 July 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

I see, so who are warden and who are crusader or has Clan Wolf not reached that point yet? Are crusaders guarding Terra from the IS or are the wardens guarding Terra from the clans right now? Or is it a cluster-duck?

Your top loyalist Wolf (and clans in general) unit, Star Wolves (SWOL) is Warden, and eventually Clan Wolf-in-Exile. Terra is our birthright, and we look forward to some day defending her alongside the (more honorable of) IS units. Alas, you have to wait until the timeline catches up to our Exodus back to the Sphere... or we could speed things up and you could just cede us Terra already.

#23 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 06 July 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

I seem to remember a time when Clan Wolf was so vehemently against mercs that we ended up the laughing stock of CW.

Well, we were not only able to hold our own against multiple waves of merc units attacking us early on in CW, but we've learned to embrace them, work together with them, and create an environment where they felt welcome to fight alongside us, valuing their input and recommendations instead of just telling them what to do. Their help has even extended beyond the battlefield, with the setup of a new Wolf Hub to help coordinate attacks, and provide channels for solo players to group up.

No Clan is innocent in using mercs. Every Clan has used them at some point. The way they were implemented in CW doesn't allow for a 100% lore-based approach.

What does line up just like lore, is Clan Wolf learned how to play the game. They understood the opposition, knew the weaknesses in the Clan's approach to warfare, and did what was necessarily to ensure victory, even if it was viewed with disdain from the other Clans.

There was no foul play, nor sabotage to the other Clans. Clan Wolf utilized its resources 100% in accordance with the current implementation of Community Warfare, and became the first Clan to have reached Terra.

I must say that -MS- and Wolf got off to a very rocky start right out of the gate. I will also say that we have found a mutual respect with our once enemies and feel more welcome in this faction than any other, and that is saying something considering how things started out. Wolf has welcomed what we bring to the table and we appreciate their Appreciativeness. Needless to say I think we can say that -MS- has helped wolf achieve the Goal they set out to acheive "Terra" Now jus to wrap it up in layers and put a bow on it is all thats left.

#24 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

If I had to be cynical about Clan politics, the likely scenario realistically in this alternate dimension is unfortunately more war. Currently let us say that Clan Wolf holds Terra (Mercenaries aside) they would declare themselves ilclan as the original agreement at Operation Revival. However Jade Falcon has invaded and taken most of the sector of House Steiner, deviating from the original mission to subjucate the entire Inner Sphere as a whole as per Crusader philosophy. Since Jade Falcon has more worlds they would feel that they have sacrificed more than Clan Wolf and thus should be called ilClan but they feel the mission has not yet finished until every Inner Sphere house has submitted to their rule.

Thus what would happen is a a refusal war but in this case where Tukkyidd was Won but Falcons refusing to acknowledge the owner.

But considering Terra holds the HPG headquarters of ComStar, I am not totally sure how that works out. It might accelerate towards a semi-darkage where the HPGs are partially functional but disjointed, but considering the chaos none of the Inner Sphere houses wants to submit to Clan Wolf since Jade Falcon presents an opportunity to retain their independence as they are fighting each other.

Edited by Bubblewhip, 11 July 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#25 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostBubblewhip, on 11 July 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

If I had to be cynical about Clan politics, the likely scenario realistically in this alternate dimension is unfortunately more war. Currently let us say that Clan Wolf holds Terra (Mercenaries aside) they would declare themselves ilclan as the original agreement at Operation Revival. However Jade Falcon has invaded and taken most of the sector of House Steiner, PGI's ALGORITHM deviating from the original mission to subjucate the entire Inner Sphere as a whole as per Crusader philosophy. Since Jade Falcon has more worlds they would feel that they have sacrificed more than Clan Wolf and thus should be called ilClan but they feel the mission has not yet finished until every Inner Sphere house has submitted to their rule.

Thus what would happen is a a refusal war but in this case where Tukkyidd was Won but Falcons refusing to acknowledge the owner.

But considering Terra holds the HPG headquarters of ComStar, I am not totally sure how that works out. It might accelerate towards a semi-darkage where the HPGs are partially functional but disjointed, but considering the chaos none of the Inner Sphere houses wants to submit to Clan Wolf since Jade Falcon presents an opportunity to retain their independence as they are fighting each other.

edited and fixed, the drunk jade falcon flies wherever thanks to algorithm :)

Edited by Grimwill, 11 July 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#26 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 05 July 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

You DO realise, that is not actually Terra, quiaff?

#27 Daniel James Neumann

• Pip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 11 July 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Pretty sure it is...

#28 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 11 July 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Uhh quee.f yes it is Terra.

#29 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostDaniel James Neumann, on 11 July 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

Pretty sure it is...

I doubt it. Mechwarrior 2 was about the refusal war between Wolf and Jade Falcon. At the end of that war the Warden faction of Wolf left Clan controlled space. Eventually setting up on Arc Royal in the Lyran Commonwealth. I'm not sure what was going on at Terra during the time, but they would not be too willing to accept one of the invader clans to the planet that was the goal of the invasion.

#30 DraconX3

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

Dont forget, Wolf was against the invasion to begin with and spent many years stalling things before the right to invade was won by the other clans.

Clan Wolf will forever go against the grain of the other Clans.

#31 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostDraconX3, on 21 July 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Dont forget, Wolf was against the invasion to begin with and spent many years stalling things before the right to invade was won by the other clans.

Clan Wolf will forever go against the grain of the other Clans.

actually the entire warden delegation was against the invasion not just wolf, and the wardens voted in the grand council to halt the invasion till comstar explorer corps ship found near huntress. Thats when the crusaders had the votes to approve the invasion

#32 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

View Postyeshim, on 06 July 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

Again, thank the broken Jade Falcon attack algorithm for reaching Terra first. There clearly was sabotage, but not by Wolf hands.

The laughable algorithm has forced us to take a massive amount of extra planets without gaining any real ground. There was never any actual chance of us getting there first outside of every other clan completely failing to take any planets and us having a gargantuan amount of time.

To be fair all the clans has had bad attack lanes algorithms at some point or another throughout the entire course of the CW beta so it is sadly something that we as the players need to make the devs as aware as possible on so that these things get addressed when we finally get off this current stage of beta that we currently are on. When that happens exactly not too sure but it does certainly suck when the algorithm just doesn't want to cooperate and open up planets that should have been opened

#33 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

View Postl)arklight, on 06 July 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

Who knew that on the mwo"mercs".com forums that so many people would have such a huge problem with fictional mercenary organizations.

Do you want to know the kicker to that statement though? Clan's weren't initially suppose to be in this game. CW was suppose to be just IS warfare but IGP wanted more money I guess and forced that issue (atleast according to what I've heard). The heartattack you clan roleplayers would have had, my god. Perhaps I had heard that wrong though and maybe Clan's were always meant to be in this game.

This is complete and utter BS.

If you choose the 3049-3050 timeline in Battletech to do a game...you will have clans, or you will have a mob of pitchfork toting players who want the clans in the game to contend with.

If this game was 3025 then jumped to 3050...you might be onto something. However, in closed beta they talked about 3025 but settled on 3050. The most significant sequence of events in lore from 3039-3060 is all the stuff starting with last succession war, then going on with the clans leading up to the invasion, and the invasion itself, then into operation bulldog to annihilate CSJ.

While I respect your right to your opinion...there was never a time after the timeline was set that clans were not going to come into this game. Whoever said that, misinformed you, and you should let them know they are utterly wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users