96 replies to this topic

#1 mikeownage

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

WORST MAP EVER

I am tired of not seeing who is shooting me and getting stuck on twigs....

#2 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

Heat vision dude.

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:28 AM

View Posttherealswilly, on 05 July 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Heat vision dude.

After they got rid of Predator-vision, I couldn't use Heat vision for 2 years until I finally bought a new computer. Heat vision seriously cripples FPS on older rigs.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 July 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

After they got rid of Predator-vision, I couldn't use Heat vision for 2 years until I finally bought a new computer. Heat vision seriously cripples FPS on older rigs.

Yeah, I also couldn't get Gunship Battle to install on my Blackberry.......

but I finally figured out that was a me problem. ;)

#5 oneproduct

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 July 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

No need to get snarky with jokes. ;)

The game runs well enough for me in the 45-60 FPS range, depending on the map. But similar to Alistair, turning on thermal makes my FPS drop to around 30.

Also, playing with thermal simply isn't fun. The art and level direction go through all the effort of making visually beautiful maps and then we get stuck playing them in black and white.

I'm fine with the map for the most part, even though it's one of my least favorites. But the branches lying about are certainly a pain when you can't tell if your mech is quite short enough to squeeze beneath an overhang and when you can't tell if a certain mesh can be shot through or not.

#6 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 July 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

I'm just sympathetic to people with lower FPS for whom heat vision isn't an option. I never complained about it. In fact, I've mastered all my 7 Locusts with 10-20 FPS and I've got some decent scores. I learned to attack my enemies from certain angles, to save my computer from the stress of rendering 20+ mechs in the background, especially on River City. (This wasn't really necessary when playing at Low or Medium settings, but sometimes I liked to turn it up to High graphics, which put my FPS in the red)

Now I have a great rig, so it's not a problem. But I've had countless matches where my dead teammates spectating have been yelling at me for not using heat vision, so... I just feel like pointing out it's not an option for everyone ;)

Edited by Alistair Winter, 05 July 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#7 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

OP, ive also grown to dislike Bog, because it would drop 1/3 of the time, after 3 days i wanted to drop on therma for a change.

View Posttherealswilly, on 05 July 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Heat vision dude.

Heat vision dont see through most of the things people shoot me through in Bog.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 July 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

I spend 2/3 of my time in heat vision and after an hour or so it start dropping my fps more each match to an unplayable level and i have to quit the game and restart it.

Now that heatvision dont see through the smoke in caldera i use nightvision, it ruin most of the fun but i can't play not seeing others who can clearly see me. I used to be able to see through the smoke with heatvision but when i came back i had to reinstall and it's either been fixed or broken.

Edited by DAYLEET, 05 July 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#8 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Your piloting skills are lacking, therefore you want the game to have less content as a result of your mobility failures..?

#9 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Look, there's a nice tree lit up by the sun!

Oh, I'm stuck on something I can't see.

Repeat 250 times in 15 minutes.

#10 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostRocketDog, on 05 July 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Look, there's a nice tree lit up by the sun!

Oh, I'm stuck on something I can't see.

Repeat 250 times in 15 minutes.

You're really bad at piloting at that point, and map memorization.

#11 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

Your face is the worst map ever.
Really...after playing a map for so long you think you'd figure out where the clear routes are.

#12 BigJim

• 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:56 AM

Agreed, I hate it. It's no fun.
It's the opposite of fun, it makes me actively miserable to play on, unlike all the other maps.

All the workarounds, all the arguments that "real" ( :P) mechwarriors can't choose where they fight, that combat is often about fighting in the places where the conditions aren't optimal - all those might be valid points, but to me they pale into insignificance vs the simple point that this is meant to be a game, and that map just sucks the joy out of it like someone opened the fun-lock into space.

Edited by BigJim, 05 July 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#13 Love in an Annihilator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

In a game where Terra Therma exists someone is calling for Viridian Bog to be removed? Wonders never cease!

As for heat vision: I wish it would be less usefull. I feel like I'm crippling myself if I don't use it, but it's ugly and boring.

#14 Aim64C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

You don't really need to see who is shooting you, just know what direction the fire is coming from. Place something you can't walk through between you and that direction - it generally works while you gather your bearings.

While Viridian Bog is a little bit more challenging, it is really not that bad.

That, or I just equally suck at every map I play. Not sure.

#15 mikeownage

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

heat vision doesn't help me much i guess the mechs i like to play the Dire Wolf and King Crab are just doomed to suck on that map. I usually do well on every other map I play but I get on that map and I just get dominated every time. I think my win rate on that map is like 3%. I've tried following my team and that usually ends up with me at the back getting ***** by lights, I've tried leading the way that usually ends up with me getting shot from some place I can't return fire back at because the hit boxes and hard points just don't work out right for me. I've tried camping on a hill that doesn't go well either just endless LRM's as the ECM mechs are usually off doing there own thing.

I would like either:
A - Change the map to be fun by having less clutter all over the place so you can see and shoot and walk around without getting stuck on a twig or having a leaf block an Guass round.
B - Give me the ability to select not to play the map

Until that happens I may just quit as soon as I find out it's the ****** forest jungle map and go hop into another mech. I've spent over $600 on this game as I enjoy it for the most part. I've even tried to enjoy this map but I can't.

I don't have any fps issues check my system specs below:
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Heatsink
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH Motherboard
4 x 8gb Xtreme Vulcan Team Group Memory
1 x eVGA nVidia GeForce GTX Titan
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Solid State Hard Drive - Raid 0
4 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive - Raid 0
Sound Blaster Xtreme Gaming Fatal1ty Pro 64 MB Ram Sound Card
Antec 1200 Watt Quattro Power Supply
Antec 1200 Blue Steel Gaming Case
Asus VG248QE Monitor
2 x Dell U2312HM UltraSharp Monitor
Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
Sennheiser PC 363D Gaming Heatset

Edited by mikeownage, 05 July 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#16 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

Dude you're using assaults on Viridian Bog, you need to stay behind cover because you're locked along certain paths.

#17 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

View Postmikeownage, on 05 July 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

heat vision doesn't help me much i guess the mechs i like to play the Dire Wolf and King Crab are just doomed to suck on that map. I usually do well on every other map I play but I get on that map and I just get dominated every time. I think my win rate on that map is like 3%. I've tried following my team and that usually ends up with me at the back getting ***** by lights, I've tried leading the way that usually ends up with me getting shot from some place I can't return fire back at because the hit boxes and hard points just don't work out right for me. I've tried camping on a hill that doesn't go well either just endless LRM's as the ECM mechs are usually off doing there own thing.

Dire Wolf can make it, I've played them on there, wrecked face. The reason why you may be losing so much on it is because you're not used to the maps patterns of attacks, how a and where a team will go, and camping
is a bad thing in MWO: The game is about movement, not sitting around and waiting for the candy to go to you.

#18 RedlineHunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGPS said I'm here, but I think I'm over there...

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

I like this map, sad people only expect easy mode. Not all environments are ment to be equal. Assaults have a hard time on this map and lights have a hard time on open maps. Take it for the challenge it is.

#19 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

You'd think with the forgoing peek-n-poke game play metrics... This map would be the bee's knees. :rolleyes:

Since I'm a poke'aholic I like this map very much. ^_^

#20 BigJim

• 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

It's not about easymode (well, not for me).

Some challenges are fun, some aren't.
If I wanted the latter sort of challenge I could walk into work tomorrow & ask my boss to double my workload.

Or I could give a quarter of my salary away & survive for a month on 75% pay.
A challenge, for sure. But screw that - it reaps no rewards at the end, not physical, emotional or material - nor any sense of achievement.
It's just drudgery for the sake of drudgery.
I don't want that kind of challenge in my life, not if I can help it.

Edited by BigJim, 05 July 2015 - 10:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users