Exploding Legs Terrain Bug

8 replies to this topic

#1 VirtualRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

So I was playing my cute fox on HPG, and after using my jjs and landing right on the edge of a corner my mech spazzed out and when I landed both of my legs were stripped of armor and were at critical structure.
Im newer than most to the game and just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar problems / if its a know bug? How does this even happen lol

#2 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, it has been a bug for years. I usually see it worst in the center of terra therma. I'll be skidding around with my jumpjets in a jenner, then randomly hang in the air for a second, and get thrown to the ground like a running back slamming a footballl into the endzone. Usually it either turns my legs red, or takes them both out.

I've learned to never use jump jets in certain areas unfortunately. :)

Edit: It is much better than it used to be however... a little while back patch notes mentioned addressing this problem on some maps. It still exist though obviously.

Edited by Greenjulius, 05 July 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#3 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

That's the bounce JJ bug. Usually on corners but I've had it happen against sheer cliffs.

Doesn't happen much, when it does, if you have extra JJ fuel left burn it before landing if you can. Helps a bit. More you JJ around like a parkour maniac more you'll have it happen.

By corners I mean edges of anything really.

#4 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

Save a bit of juice in your tanks, break the fall and stops leg damage in general, bugging edges beside

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:04 PM

Yep its really bad on heavy mechs with jj. If you get caught in a wall it takes almost all the armor on fresh legs.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

Get used to it.

It's annoying when it happens, and when it happens, you might as well pretend your legs didn't exist.

Map refinement takes too long for this game, so make smart jumps, and not ones you don't have to make. This includes falls.

#7 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:02 PM

Same thing happens if you are not using jump jets -- when you are "running up" the wall, especially at angles to said cliff face.

#8 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

It's worse if your locust runs up a steep hill, floats, then loses 40% of its leg health.

#9 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:29 PM

Ah yes, "The Mist Lynx's Bane." Happens in about 10% of my MLX matches, jump too close, clip an edge, red legs, match over.

I don't even try to JJ in urban areas anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users