#61 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostMystere, on 11 July 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Should astronauts be the only ones qualified to design and build space ships?
Should generals be the only ones qualified to design and build weapons?
Should Formula 1 drivers be the only ones qualified to design and build race cars?
Should politicians (gasp!) be the only ones qualified to run a country?

Should a game's developers regularly play - and be seen playing - the game they're developing?

#62 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:00 AM

View PostMystere, on 11 July 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Should astronauts be the only ones qualified to design and build space ships?
Should generals be the only ones qualified to design and build weapons?
Should Formula 1 drivers be the only ones qualified to design and build race cars?
Should politicians (gasp!) be the only ones qualified to run a country?

#3deep5me

View PostAdiuvo, on 11 July 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

Russ is the CEO. He shouldn't really have enough time to play the game to reach high elo.
Members of the balance team, however, probably should. One of them at the very least. That or they need to take feedback specifically from top players.

That's what they're doing. They're taking feedback from the top streamers on all of Twitch.

:ph34r:

#63 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

"the devs probably all have terrible Elos, because they don't play group queue"

Good. I prefer the devs spend their time creating this game, not playing it.

And turn it around - how many of you whining about nerfs buffs and balance have ever created a game? Step up and show us your work... we'll decide if you are qualified to have an opinion on what devs do.

#64 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 11 July 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

it would be fun if we had proper ranked like lol and dota have

afaik most of lol developers are of average elo

Agreed

I'd like it if the min and max elo between players was reduced.

Currently, as i believe - a 3000 elo player and a 500 elo player can be on the same team. And the 3000 elo player is expected to carry...

#65 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostKaramarka, on 12 July 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Agreed

I'd like it if the min and max elo between players was reduced.

Currently, as i believe - a 3000 elo player and a 500 elo player can be on the same team. And the 3000 elo player is expected to carry...
The gap between players is low. People are just really bad at estimating ratings.

Karl discussed these metrics not too long ago, but in a nutshell, solo queue:

90 percent of matches have teams within 50pts, with a spread of up to 150pts on a team.

The group queue differs, because of the extreme constraints (group size, lower population, etc) and of course players within groups being essentially random.

That's basically all matches within acceptable limits during major play times, and some being mismatched at off hours.

#66 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 July 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

Most likely. The rest is usually up to personal connection.

You have me confused now. Law School must be different in your country. In the U.S. lawyers have to earn a 4 year undergrad degree and then attend 3 years of law school. The undergrad degree can be in any discipline but the majority of those lawyer politicians have theirs in Political Science, Economics, etc. What you said made no sense in the U.S. system.

#67 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostMoomtazz, on 12 July 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

You have me confused now. Law School must be different in your country. In the U.S. lawyers have to earn a 4 year undergrad degree and then attend 3 years of law school. The undergrad degree can be in any discipline but the majority of those lawyer politicians have theirs in Political Science, Economics, etc. What you said made no sense in the U.S. system.

Dunno about other countries, but in germany studying law is around 8-10 terms (on average) of pretty much nothing but law (around 5 years), then some really big exams, then 2 years of practical work (with more theoretical studying alongside) and another set of exams after that. Everything with political science or economcis is pretty much attachment. Around 6-8 years (depending on how fast you are) of straight up law.

#68 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 12 July 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

Dunno about other countries, but in germany studying law is around 8-10 terms (on average) of pretty much nothing but law (around 5 years), then some really big exams, then 2 years of practical work (with more theoretical studying alongside) and another set of exams after that. Everything with political science or economcis is pretty much attachment. Around 6-8 years (depending on how fast you are) of straight up law.

By the raw mass of law teyt, germany has FAR more than any other country, thats why studying law is so long in germany.Ourprofessor said that 40% of the enntire worlds laws is germany. Not sure if entirely true, but if so, think about from all countries combined, one has 40%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users