Dx11 Sli

15 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

Anyone know how to get this working? I turn on SLI for DX11 and get ghost images from the mechbay while in matches. Not to mention the frames jump from 100 to 20.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostDjPush, on 28 July 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

Anyone know how to get this working? I turn on SLI for DX11 and get ghost images from the mechbay while in matches. Not to mention the frames jump from 100 to 20.

What I do know is that MWO does NOT like SLI.

This information maybe out-dated, but as far as I know, MW:O and SLI don't really like each other.

#3 Dragoon20005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

are you able to force SLi to run in the nVidia control panel?

if not
use this

http://www.overclock...-drivers-update

follow the guide and see if you can set a custom SLi profiles

remember to link MWO.exe

#4 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

There is a workaround in a long since buried thread, but forcing "alternate frame rendering 1" removes the ghosting effect in mech lab and other areas. Even with it enabled and forced to the best working mode, MWO still runs like crap. I'm hoping the 64 bit client improvements in the Aug 4th patch help, a ton.

#5 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

I haven't had to use a workaround and to verify I just finished a drop.

Start of the Drop:
http://i.imgur.com/3DPXFJx.jpg

Settings used for SLI (No modifications using inspector):
http://i.imgur.com/pltWcyf.jpg

This is at 2560x1440, dx11, all setting's max'd. If you recently upgraded video cards, make sure you do a wipe of the registry for the old drivers and install fresh ones from nvidia.

Edited by SIN Deacon, 03 August 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#6 Mr Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 111 posts
  • LocationEngland, Great Britain

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:01 AM

I had the same problem. Try changing the AA graphics setting. Worked for me.

Edited by Mr Breaker, 12 August 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#7 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:09 AM

try adding this to the MWO user cfg, It seems to stabilize the fps a bit.
r_MultiGPU = 1

0=disabled, 1=extra overhead to allow SLI(NVidia) or Crossfire(ATI),
2(default)=automatic detection (currently SLI only, means off for ATI)
should be activated before rendering. Also for cryengin3 console commands and variables there is this command listed for SLI I’m not sure if it does anything.

r_buffer_sli_workaround = 1

enable SLI workaround for buffer pooling

#8 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

I guess I'll stick to a single card. given to what I read here.

#9 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

Ive ran both crossfire and sli (2 totally different systems) with minimal effort. Drivers get banged up quickly and pollute the registry if you swap cards often. Game runs flawlessly and distributes the work load properly.

#10 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

Id also make sure your second card isnt having any issues (is your secondary card the top or bottom?). Try running both the cards individually, and inspect your sli connector to make sure dust or crud isnt in it.

#11 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

also double check all the power connections to the MB and vid cards and ensure that you haven't missed one, some mother boards have an ATX4P1 connector (sata drive power connector) that needs to be connected when running 2 or more high end video cards and most people overlook this connection.

#12 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:05 PM

Ill second that. Sometimes reseating the cards help aswell. Over time with heat they push them selves away from the motherboard. Not enough to notice on the desktop, but enough when its heated up and your gaming.

#13 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

I just recently rebuilt my machine changing out the cpu from an amd phenom ii 955 to a 1090t, dumped 8gb more ram into it, so 16 total now. I changed from a gtx 295 + 8800 GTX for physx to a pair of 760's and a 750 (not the TI version) for the second display and physx (tbh the third card is really there for additional compute power for BOINC projects I run when I'm not gaming). The "crutch" so to speak is I still have windows vista, yes, vista. I didn't feel the need to upgrade to 7 (games run fine, stability is great, mwo just sucks), screw 8/8.1, now I get to pay for a copy of 10, no free upgrade, woo!

Point being, if one 760 renders as I've forced it to in the nvidia control pannel, it runs full speed and I get 40-80fps. Now, if i enable SLI, I get tons of problems, FPS drops to at best 40 with an average of 20-30. Drivers were cleanly installed when I dropped in all the cards. Either its a vista issue, (which other cryengine games run fine along with pretty much the 180+ others in my steam account....) or its an MWO issue. Either way, I'm forcing it to single GPU mode on MWO and the rest of the games run like butter on my main display. Both are set at 1920x1200 (I like my 16:10 and +120 pixels of vertical awesome) but I only use one screen for gaming.

#14 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

You didn't feel the need to upgrade to 7 or 8.1?? You realize that youre gimping your machine leaving it with vista and im surprised they still write drivers for recent cards to work with vista. Nothing is wrong with 8.1, as a matter of fact micro management is easier in 8 then it ever was previously WHEN the time is taken to configure it. Very rarely do things work as you want them to out of the box.

I can't say much for a 2+1 SLI setup, since the impact with physx on recent cards is negligible and I've never had to run a 3rd card to offset the load for any build.

#15 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:15 AM

View PostAlekzander Smirnoff, on 13 August 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

I still have windows vista,

Their is a big part of your problem, vista was a steaming pile S^&* !! I've been playing with win10 for about 2 weeks now, stable and no issues

#16 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

I concur. Not running it my machine yet but i built a machine for a client using windows 10. They are heading in the right direction with it, and it performs as it should.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users