#1 Bagor Aga

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 530 posts
  • Locationramat.:gan

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

Salute, mechwarriors

I regularly encounter same problem - my mech keeps moving in some derection (or turning) like I depress corresponding key permanently but I do not. I play on keyboard + mouse, use direction keys as speed control , ie If I release key mech should stop - but randomly it fails. Another circumstance is important to mention - I have two input language in the operating system (7x64), although Latin layout is selected as default.

Until now, I use a temporary solution - load or unload a keyhelper program, which is switching the input language on hotkeys different to availible in OS. The program is called Punto switcher, it is popular in Russian-speaking world, efficiently implemented, and present since more than 10 years. It has special abilities to exclude interaction with custom applications, but doesn't help in my case.

My colleagues believed that the problem is exactly the Punto, but I spent a versatile research and sure - it is not. I decided to write in English forum thread in hope that this trouble is known and has a simple solution that I do not notice.

What I have checked and it does not help:
- Filtering system operating keys, as is described in the article
- Dependence on the availability Punto switcher. Even when the program was not installed on PC (I did fresh installation for operating system) problem occurred. Start or exit the program, on the contrary, helps - a clear dependence on the re-initialization of something.
- Interferention to shortcuts in OS. Tested on alt + shift, ctrl + Shift, acsent - no matter the problem persists
- The dependence on hardware. Membrane keyboards of Dell and HP, Logitech K200 - the problem is present. Razer BlackWidow Tournament ed'2014, out of the box - the problem is present.

Another observation - in-battle chat occurs periodically switched the input language, not in the process of typing, but between the activations. Let me remind you, the input language in the operating system is set by default to American English. For some reason, the client does not correctly handle keyboard input in an environment with two languages (Cyrillic to be specific).

Edited by Bagor Aga, 28 July 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:04 AM

do you use the keys shift and alt in MWO regulary? because shift + alt is windows shortcut combo to switch a keyboards language layout. SO you probably accidently may hit this combo.

Edited by Lily from animove, 29 July 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#3 Bagor Aga

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 530 posts
  • Locationramat.:gan

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

Grave Accent - this is my hotkey since June. I'm sorry for my English I mentioned this but with typo.
NO, I'm not using Alt+Shift NOR Ctrl+Shift for language selection; In MWO I'm using left shift for in-game voIP - very, very rare; Alt is used much - have jump jets on it, Ctrl is for target lock.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

View PostBagor Aga, on 29 July 2015 - 01:11 AM, said:

Grave Accent - this is my hotkey since June. I'm sorry for my English I mentioned this but with typo.
NO, I'm not using Alt+Shift NOR Ctrl+Shift for language selection; In MWO I'm using left shift for in-game voIP - very, very rare; Alt is used much - have jump jets on it, Ctrl is for target lock.

see, probably you may use alt + shift together randomly

Edited by Lily from animove, 29 July 2015 - 02:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users