#1 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

Greetings,
I don't know if it is a bug or if there is a plausible explenation.
First question is: Are there critical hits on engines, that may cause destruction? It could be the reason why I was killed by one Clan ER Mediumlaser + 1 Clan ER Largelaser hit.
The ML one does 7 damage, the LL one 11 damage. In total these are 18 damagepoints.
My Thunderbolt has 12 armorpoints on the CTR. That means I got a maximum of 6 damage to my center torso and got killed.
I won't cry or say all is ******, I was just... a little bit confused about my death and thought it may be a bug :)
(Honestly I don't know how much internal structure my Thunderbolt has, but I'd say it should be more than 6^^ Is there a way to see how much internal structure a comonent has?)

Note: I was standing still, so most likely I took all the damage right on the CTR.

I took the following screenshot of the damage report to show you I only got the 2 hits.
There is a Gauss hit listed, but this one hit me on the front in the LT (about this I am 100% sure, because it has been a couple of seconds before the hit on my rear.

Posted Image

If there are any other question, feel free.
Have a nice day,
Raubwurst

#2 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

The quantity of weapons does not ever list. How do you know it was a single medium and single large? Who runs that loadout?

More likely it was a 2 large + 3 medium timberwolf.

And yes, engine crits are a thing.

#3 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

Ah ok, I didn't know about that :) Thought it meant only one of each weapon.
Well... then the thread can be closed.

He was in my back, thus I have absolutly no idea how many lasers it has been.

#4 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:58 PM

Engine critical hits are NOT a thing and anyone who says so hasn't checked.

Sadly, PGI has yet to implement the ability for critical hits to affect anything other than weapons, ammo, electronics and other equipment you put on the 'Mech. That means that actautors, engines, the gyro, the life support and otherwise are all not counted.

#5 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

^^ if that's true, then I have some very, very confusing kills in my lights. Quite a lot of kills on Atlai, Dire Wolf's, etc by coring the rear, and barely doing any damage to the core before they drop. Like two alpha's from a 4x spls pirates bane to a dead 100 tonner.

#6 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 04 August 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

^^ if that's true, then I have some very, very confusing kills in my lights. Quite a lot of kills on Atlai, Dire Wolf's, etc by coring the rear, and barely doing any damage to the core before they drop. Like two alpha's from a 4x spls pirates bane to a dead 100 tonner.

Some silly people put ammo in their CT...

#7 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:32 PM

Looks like you were alpha'd in the back by a DWF - dual gauss+dual ERLL+select amount of ERMeds is a fairly common build atm, and the death screen only lists types of weapons hitting you, not the number of them.

Edited by TinFoilHat, 04 August 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#8 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:20 PM

1C-ERLL+6C-ERMLs is the meta config on SCR, so it's 11+6*7(42)=53dmg
Also, new TBR-C(C) has 2C-ERLLs+3C-ERMLs with 2*11(22)+3*7(21)=43 pts of dmg

Edited by DuoAngel, 04 August 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#9 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 04 August 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Engine critical hits are NOT a thing and anyone who says so hasn't checked.

Sadly, PGI has yet to implement the ability for critical hits to affect anything other than weapons, ammo, electronics and other equipment you put on the 'Mech. That means that actautors, engines, the gyro, the life support and otherwise are all not counted.

To clarify. Engines, actuators, gyros, etc CAN be crit, just not destroyed or result in loss of function. It's not like Table Top where your engine is crit enough to KILL your mech. To make up for this loss of crit effect, PGI has made it so each crit deals 15% additional damage for that "tick" of damage. So a single AC10 crit will deal and additional 1.5 damage. A triple crit with a single AC10 will deal an additional 4.5 damage (1.5+1.5+1.5).

This thread is still accurate for how crits work in MWO. It goes through examples, but doesn't clarify beam damage. Beams deal damage in "ticks" over time. Can't recal the number off the top of my head, but basically a lot of very small damages over the beam duration. Each "tick" has a chance to crit, not the WHOLE beam damage in a yes/no way like a projectile does.

http://mwomercs.com/...-a-brief-guide/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users