34 replies to this topic

#1 Scandisk

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

Hello mechwarriors :)

I'm here because my gf is looking for a nice lrm boat. She already uses the Awesome 8R, but she don't like it being that slow and asked me if there were clan mechs that could use lrms effectively.

At first glance i think the Timberwolf and the Mad Dog can be good, but i'm not really sure because i play IS and the only clan mech i have is a Summoner armed with lasers :P

Things she likes (from the most important to the least important):

A good quantity of lrm launched per volley, starting from 30
A good mean of self defense, better if lasers (not pulse)
A decent mobility to relocate/run away
Large LRM pools (7-800 is a good start)
A well armored mech

Things she doesn't mind

LRM quirks

Things she doesn't like (from the most hated to the least hated)

Light mechs
Slow mechs
SRM o SSRM
Ballistic self-defense
Low armored mechs
mech that run hot too fast

Thanks in advance for the help guys, and sorry if i made some mistake, English is not my first language :P

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

Warhawk. Run 70 tubes, 5 ermeds as "backup" weapons, or my preference of 45 tubes and 2 Large Pulse and 2 er mediums.

Fast, agile, well armored, can hold its own against most anything in a knife fight.

#3 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:57 AM

All LRM boats for clans stock.

Mist lynx (Prime)
Arctic Cheetah (Prime)
Kitfox (Delta)
Adder (Alpha)
Ice Ferret (Charlie)
Shadowcat (Bravo)
Hunchback IIC (Bravo) [not released yet; origins IIC pack]
Stormcrow (Delta)
Mad Dog (Prime)
Couldron Born (Charlie)
Summoner (Delta)

All LRM boats for clans using mixed omnipods and changing equipment

Mist Lynx
Arctic Cheetah
Kitfox
Adder
Jenner IIC (1) [not released yet; origins IIC pack]
Ice Ferret
Shadowcat
Hunchback IIC (Bravo) [not released yet; origins IIC pack]
Nova
Stormcrow
Mad Dog
Summoner
Hellbringer
Couldron Born
Timberwolf
Orion IIC (Bravo) [not released yet; origins IIC pack]
Gargoyle
Warhawk
Highlander IIC (Bravo) [not released yet; origins IIC pack]
Executioner
Direwolf

All LRM boats that are 'viable' or not to much away from the LRM system.

Kitfox
Adder
Jenner iIC (1) [not released yet, origins IIC pack]
Ice Ferret
Shadowcat
Stormcrow
Hunchback IIC (Bravo) [not released yet, origins IIC pack]
Mad Dog
Summoner
Hellbringer
Couldron Born
Orion IIC (bravo) [not released yet, origins IIC pack]
Gargoyle (ugh...)
Warhawk
Highlander IIC (Bravo) [not released yet; origins IIC pack]

Even more filtering... let's do it by speed re-aranging from fastest to slowest since 1 of your things is speed that you are looking for it seems... (not including origins IIC mechs)

Ice Ferret
Shadowcat
Stormcrow
Kitfox / Adder
Summoner / Hellbringer / Timberwolf/ Couldron Born/ Gargoyle
Warhawk

All faster then a standard engine awesome LRM boat from the last final list, but the top 4 (ice ferret, shadowcat, stormcrow, kitfox, and adder) are all on the 100 kph+ line while the others (summoner, hellbringer, timberwolf, couldron born, gargoyle) are in the 90 kph line while warhawk is around 70.

However the ice ferret at 140-ish kph does have some downsides...

What it considers an "LRM boat" is just a trio of LRM 5's usually accomidated by a ER medium laser. Optimal build for it for LRM fighting...

Shadowcat is a bit better- with the stock loadout of the B you get 2 LRM 15's with artemis, decent ammo, ECM, and 2 er medium lasers, not much you could ask for more. It's basicly a Catapult c1 stock but colder and better speed. It's a decent lil bugger.

Kitfox and Adder however... these guys are packing bigger guns (or well... missiles), the stock Kitfox D has an LRM 5, 2x LRM 15's, and a NARC (which can be traded and it's ammo for a second LRM 5 and more ammo)
However you can do a build like a ER medium laser, 2x LRM 15, and ECM or what ever as well if you wish.

The stormcrow is a decent mech as well, 55 tonner, can do 3 LRM 10's and 2 LRM 5's, or a viarity of mixed SRM/ SSRM / laser / Missile builds and so on and on, but I run personally 4 LRM 15's, which is equal to the Awesomes LRM capacity.
The stock D has 2 SRM 2's, 1 NARC, and 2 LRM 20's.

Adder does a simular build and has simular hardpoint options but can do a laser/ tag in the head without lossing missiles, the stock A has 2 small pulse lasers, 2 LRM 20's, and a flamer. Keep in mind though most of the time you got no powerful back up weapon or the armour to fend of attackers.

the rest of the mechs is up to you, but these are the fastest ones out there that are all faster then any IS LRM boat besides hte lil insane guys like the LRM 5 locust.

Reason I stated stock load outs is because you may be a fan of stock mechs like me or stock plus (or well your girlfriend), that or the build is already quite decent for you. The other reason is clan tech costs A LOT and you can spend easily millions just by switching some weapons out and omnipods can push it so high you might as well have bought a second alt.config to play with and strip.

THe reason I stated the IIC mechs is that they are clan battlemechs using the IS mechlab rules and are coming soon ™ but are not here so it's worth mentioning.

#4 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:16 AM

Summoner can make a good LRM boat as well, along with those JJs, its far more deadlier when capable of jumping.

Mad Dog is the way too go, 6 Missile slots makes it well worth it, if you want to lurm. Watch out though, its only 60t thus kinda fragile.

LRMs on timber are simply waste. I would not advise using LRMs on TW (or at least no to boat them). It has got only 4 missile slots max (variant S).

From assaults WHK is (currently) the best option for LRM boating, although it has the same ammount of max missile slots as TW.

I've also seen people lurming in Stormcrows, might be decent with 3x LRM10 + artemis or even 5x LRM 5 + artemis.

Dont know about lights. Im not very fond of LURM boating, it means you are trying to take as much LRM launchers as possible.

#5 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 08 August 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

Summoner can make a good LRM boat as well, along with those JJs, its far more deadlier when capable of jumping.

Mad Dog is the way too go, 6 Missile slots makes it well worth it, if you want to lurm. Watch out though, its only 60t thus kinda fragile.

LRMs on timber are simply waste. I would not advise using LRMs on TW (or at least no to boat them). It has got only 4 missile slots max (variant S).

From assaults WHK is (currently) the best option for LRM boating, although it has the same ammount of max missile slots as TW.

I've also seen people lurming in Stormcrows, might be decent with 3x LRM10 + artemis or even 5x LRM 5 + artemis.

Dont know about lights. Im not very fond of LURM boating, it means you are trying to take as much LRM launchers as possible.

there is more to LRM'ing then simply missile tube count...

it is as worth it to have 2 LRM 15's on a mad dog as it is to have 6 LRM 5's.
(note: mad dog can effectively do 6 LRM 15's but no support weapons...)
Timberwolf is not the best due to crit slot restrictions but it's good as a back up weapon but not a main. ie a pair of 15's or 20's...

#6 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:29 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 08 August 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

Incorrect. Due to the way Clan LRM's stream out of the launchers, it is much better to group fire 6 C-LRM5's than it is to group fire 2 C-LRM15's. The 5's are much less susceptible to AMS when fired at once because they have a much shorter "stream" (5 missiles against 15).

Then if you find a target without AMS, you can shake the ever living snot out of them with chainfire.

#7 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 08 August 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

(note: mad dog can effectively do 6 LRM 15's but no support weapons...)
Timberwolf is not the best due to crit slot restrictions but it's good as a back up weapon but not a main. ie a pair of 15's or 20's...

High mounted cocpit makes it the most viable and deadliest (clan) mech wth LURMing capabilities, because it doesnt have to expose its whole body, in order to get sight and locks on enemy. Sure there are more viable lurm builds on others mechs, but Mad dog is surely nr 1 (clan) heavy Lurmer without JJs.

Also what Lunatech said. LRMs in general are way too weak in MWO, but they seem to have faster refire rates than other MW series. It means that LRMs are far more viable as screen shakers rather than damage makers. 6x LRM 5 > 2x LRM 15.

It is also reason why a single LRM 20 is not worth a sheet. They are too weak to be viable in lower numbers.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 08 August 2015 - 03:39 AM.

#8 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostLunatech, on 08 August 2015 - 03:29 AM, said:

Incorrect. Due to the way Clan LRM's stream out of the launchers, it is much better to group fire 6 C-LRM5's than it is to group fire 2 C-LRM15's. The 5's are much less susceptible to AMS when fired at once because they have a much shorter "stream" (5 missiles against 15).

Then if you find a target without AMS, you can shake the ever living snot out of them with chainfire.

you would also suffer ghost heat for firing double your LRM'age and also 3 LRM 5's is already hotter then 1 LRM 15,
6 LRM 5's = 20.37 heat with LRM 5 x 6 alpha, 10 heat for 2 LRM 15 alpha.
This would mean you need to sacrafice more to have heatsinks in order to do the LRM 5's over the 15's. which in turn means lass back up weapons (which is always E hardpoints so even more heat issues...) or less ammo / no bap.

Also note; I said there is a difference and it isn't completely necessary to go for more hardpoints. You possibly think you proved a counter point- but all you did was support the fact I said they were different.

2 LRM 15's do also shake enemies up when fired seperately (or 2 LRM 20's) so the without ams part isn't that much of a comment (note: the 1M hardpoints have RoF quirks, overall you can get more DPS and HPS from having 2 15's then 6 5's.)

Not saying 1 is worse then the other or vice versa, but the truth and jist of it is it's different and just adding information for the O.P. to not be drawn into the idea that having spammed 5's is the only way to do it.

#9 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:04 AM

I was under impression that we are talking about LRM BOATING, not lurming in general. Sure Twin LRM 15s can be viable, but that itself isnt counted as LRM boat, especially if you have mix of missiles and lasers on the battle mech.

6x LRM 5 can cause constant screen shake, because they get faster refire rate. Especially when you mount cooldown modules. Ghost heat argument irrelevant, because they arent meant to be fired altogether, or even if, only situationally. At this point even 6x LRM 10 is far more LRM BOAT than having twin LRM 15s (e.g.) on it.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 08 August 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#10 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 08 August 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

High mounted cocpit makes it the most viable and deadliest (clan) mech wth LURMing capabilities, because it doesnt have to expose its whole body, in order to get sight and locks on enemy. Sure there are more viable lurm builds on others mechs, but Mad dog is surely nr 1 (clan) heavy Lurmer without JJs.

Also what Lunatech said. LRMs in general are way too weak in MWO, but they seem to have faster refire rates than other MW series. It means that LRMs are far more viable as screen shakers rather than damage makers. 6x LRM 5 > 2x LRM 15.

It is also reason why a single LRM 20 is not worth a sheet. They are too weak to be viable in lower numbers.

In a way that is true, but if you put that in conjunction with Lunatech (oh god that sounds odd... my username is normally Lunatic on everywhere besides here... it feels like I am talking to myself) 2 of the LRM 5's are low and thus they will hit the same cover you were using then otherwise- and oh it's a pain to test the thing out and find which LRM's is at what height on you.

Also there is a bit more then simply hiding behind cover for LRM boating. A big part of LRM boating is team work and play style as well as a thing called technique... BAP and UAV's can help replace the need for a high cockpit or a spotter... Other things is simply being so powerful with your weapons and LRM's and armour that the enemy has to back away thus no need for cover...

Also you do say that LRm's is a weak weapon but it has some of the best ton to damage ratios as well as the highest damage to range ratio... for eg...

Gauss rifle: 15 damage at 660, LRM 20 = 20 damage at 1000.

Sure you can argue about pinpoint damage and such but if you are simply doing it for support that additional damage on the ST's and CT's is very useful and can help your team mate who is in close quarters combat with the enemy regardless.. an atlas losing it's AC 20 and SRM's is quite useful then slowly withering away the CT when in terms of support.

#11 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:12 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 08 August 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

I was under impression that we are talking about LRM BOATING, not lurming in general. Sure Twin LRM 15s can be viable, but that itself isnt counted as LRM boat, especially if you have mix of missiles and lasers on the battle mech.

6x LRM 5 can cause constant screen shake, because they get faster refire rate. Especially when you mount cooldown modules. Ghost heat argument irrelevant, because they arent meant to be fired altogether, or even if, only situationally. At this point even 6x LRM 10 is far more LRM BOAT than having twin LRM 15s on it.

I thought we were talking about LRM boating in terms of TT. which a pair of LRM 15's and possibly small weapons is boating.

for eg... let's look at famous LRM boats in lore...

Catapult C1. (4 med las, 2 LRM 15), Catapult A1 (2 LRM 15), Catapult C4 (2 small laser, 2 LRM 20)
Mad Dog Prime (2 LRM 20, 2 large pulse lasers, 2 medium pulse lasers). Locust (2 LRM 5, 1 Medium laser). Raven 3M (1 LRM 15, 2 small lasers, 1 small pulse, 1 narc). Jagermech A (2 LRM 15, 2 AC 2, 2 medium laser).

So far none matches your description of an LRM boat... besides 2 mechs...

Blood Kite. 3 er large lasers, 3 LRM 15,s 3 SRM 4's.
Kraken, 8 LRM 15's, 1 One shot SSRM 4. EIGHT LRM 15's!

Sarna deffinition of LRM boats:

Missile boats are known for their use of long-range missiles as a primary weapon in the mission of fire support, whereby they attack the enemy from a protective distance with indirect fire. In order to either protect the Missile boat or take full advantage of its mission, Skirmishers and Strikers generally close with the targeted enemy units, while the fire-support launches from behind full cover, such as a hill.

and to think of it, 2 LRM 20's should be considered as much as an LRM boat as 6 LRM 5's. it's logical on paper. It's logical in practice...

Edit: and when I take your definition of an LRM baot even more seriously... only the catapult A1 is an LRM boat... this is obviously not the case as there is considered tons of LRM boats out there.

At least 25 chassis with multiple LRM boat alt.configs or variants under there belt...
theoretically speaking there are over 100 or even 200 LRM boats out there but I really doubt it's 200 versions of the catapult A1...

Edited by Nightshade24, 08 August 2015 - 04:23 AM.

#12 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:24 AM

My apologies then. From what i observed in those few years of playing this game, builds like 6x Large Laser Battlemaster, or 6x PPC stalkers, 6x LRM 5 Cats were always considered as boat builds. Practically one weapon system being swarmed in high numbers all over the battlemech's structure.

To my knowledge, in all units i played in, LRM boats were exclusively builds with highest number of tubes posssible, filling remaining free tonnage with either ammo, or minimum of additional support weapons.

Not really familiar with TT terms of what a LRM boat truelly is, or what should a LRM boat count for.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 08 August 2015 - 04:26 AM.

#13 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 08 August 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

My apologies then. From what i observed in those few years of playing this game, builds like 6x Large Laser Battlemaster, or 6x PPC stalkers, 6x LRM 5 Cats were always considered as boat builds. Practically one weapon system being swarmed in high numbers all over the battlemech's structure.

To my knowledge, in all units i played in, LRM boats were exclusively builds with highest number of tubes posssible, filling remaining free tonnage with either ammo, or minimum of additional support weapons.

Not really familiar with TT terms of what a LRM boat truelly is, or what should a LRM boat count for.

Other weapons are far more different then how LRM's are judged and to a degree- an LRM 20 is just 4 5's put together the same way how a Machine Gun Array is just 4 Machine guns put together.

But a large laser isn't 4 medium lasers put together or a PPC isn't 4.... what?

Also technically speaking [x] boat that isn't LRM / SRM / missile in general isn't a technical classification but for a good reason due to the large decide in play style.

Say you got a 6 PPC stalker- in MW: O player slang that would be a PPC boat. in TT/ Lore/ in older games that would have been called a "Sniper", specifically "energy sniper" for fancy adjustments to the name: the term sniper is simular to the sarna discription of the LRM boat in terms of speed and style, but instead it uses long range weapons. Things like the Catapult K2 are stock examples of a Sniper or the Direwolfs (won't specify... most direwolfs are counted as snipers)

Of course the name sniper is a bit missleading for some newer folk... people picture sniper as a long reload very long range high damage kinda thing but AC/ LBX / UAC 2's and 5's are also considered sniper weapons as well as normal large lasers (-ish) and ER large lasers.

Snipers typically hover around 550-600 meter+. So do not let the ER PPC's and Gauss fool you...

Anyway, it's hard to sometimes pull appart what is simply player lingo, jargon, or slang. and what isn't...

or even debating what is the differences between new and old jargon...

In MW: O mechs that jumpjet and have pinpoint alpha weapons (ie gauss or ac 20 + ppc's) and jumpjet when firing and go back behind cover is typically called Pop Tarter in MW: O player slang.

But in MW4 they were called Ghost snipers, Phantom snipers, Jump Snipers, or paper snipers usually because they typically jump and typically have ECM but also typically have nearly 0 armour to abuse the mechanic in MW: O that your health stocks at 1 before being destroyed thus requiring a second shot to kill (prevents 1 shot/ alpha kills)

as you can see. Paper sniper and Pop tarter are very different names...

Especially when TT views them as simply Snipers or Skirmishers because JJ doesn't change the role of a mech- only aid it.

That discription out of the way- the problem with LRM's in this game is peoples attitudes to them.

Not knowing what a boat is or how useful keeping locks is or what even is a lock is some problems...

This also leads to forum problems. approximately a third of the commmunity thinks LRM's are very OP and may even quit the match early if they see a lot in the sky, a third thing it's UP and is easy kjills, and another third is indifferent. You can see how this can go when 1 group thinks X is very UP but the others thinks it's very OP, 1 asks for buffs and other asks for nerfs.

People also have different views on how LRM's should be used on a mech and what weight classes. some people think it has no place on mediums or lights and is only for the big boys, others thinks no Assault should be a LRM boat. others think why be a heavy LRM boat if an assault can double your load.... or why be a heavy LRM boat if the medium ones got better speed, JJ, and about the same firepower...

I've been an LRM expert for MW: O for several years now- at least tried LRM'ing on most of my mechs- a total of 70 (not boating specifically though...), LRM's is a usefull secondary weapon, I cary a small ammount on some assaults or heavies such as a LRM 15 or 20 for a king crab or atlas juggernaut (juggernaut, slow speed, high armour, nearly exclusively close range... ie stock atlas, kingcrab, etc... not to be confused with brawler, which is much more faster and in lighter weight classes ie stock centurion, hunchback, etc).
I've been an LRM expert if you count the time outside of MW: O hehee... However I am an expert in many fields some say... can do most TT/ lore roles in MW: O and variations...

So yea... any more questions about LRM's ask away.

#14 Anger Management

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:38 AM

I have an LRM60 Timberwolf with Artemis FCS and about 1100 rounds of ammo and 4 ER small lasers.
I also have an LRM40 Hellbringer with Artemis FCS and about 1200rounds of ammo plus 6 ER small lasers

when looking at LRM boat, you must take into consideration 5 or 6 tonnes of ammo as well as an active probe for faster locks and a TAG. Medium mechs just don't have the capacity to carry this.

Also, carrying say 20 LRMs is not going to be sufficient to get much thru an AMS.

My 4 x LRM15 timberwolf is fun to play, 89kph top speed decent armor really hurts when u smack somebody in the face with it and doesn't run out of ammo too fast. 4 small lasers and 60LRMS means an alpha strike of 80 damage. This build does not have much problems with heat either as long as you chainfire your missiles as there is a heat penalty for group firing.

My LRM40 hellbringer is a different style of play. ECM is great enables me to get more shots away undetected but in a firefight I wish for more punch I get with the shorter weapon cooldowns and bigger salvos from my timberwolf. The ECM LRM40 hellbringer is a great support role and if played as such you can pick up lots of assists from each match and find you get more wins when you are protecting assault mechs with ECM and LRM support. With all the ECM light mechs in the game now, the hellbringer can jam, lockon and hurt a light mech pretty badly. They won't hang around the assault lance for long with all those missiles homing in on them.

I cannot pick between these 2 mechs. the ECM is great but i also love to smack somebody in the face with 60LRMs most ppl are not expecting to see that much firepower coming in at them so fast.

#15 Scandisk

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

Wow, i wasn't expecting so many answers!

Thanks you all guys for the input, i do appreciate your efforts to help me out :)

At this point she's going to opt for a Mad-Dog or a Warhawk... Still unsure, but at least it's just a choice between two mechs. Time to save C-Bills now :P

Thanks again!

#16 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostAnger Management, on 08 August 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

I have an LRM60 Timberwolf with Artemis FCS and about 1100 rounds of ammo and 4 ER small lasers.
I also have an LRM40 Hellbringer with Artemis FCS and about 1200rounds of ammo plus 6 ER small lasers

when looking at LRM boat, you must take into consideration 5 or 6 tonnes of ammo as well as an active probe for faster locks and a TAG. Medium mechs just don't have the capacity to carry this.

Also, carrying say 20 LRMs is not going to be sufficient to get much thru an AMS.

My 4 x LRM15 timberwolf is fun to play, 89kph top speed decent armor really hurts when u smack somebody in the face with it and doesn't run out of ammo too fast. 4 small lasers and 60LRMS means an alpha strike of 80 damage. This build does not have much problems with heat either as long as you chainfire your missiles as there is a heat penalty for group firing.

My LRM40 hellbringer is a different style of play. ECM is great enables me to get more shots away undetected but in a firefight I wish for more punch I get with the shorter weapon cooldowns and bigger salvos from my timberwolf. The ECM LRM40 hellbringer is a great support role and if played as such you can pick up lots of assists from each match and find you get more wins when you are protecting assault mechs with ECM and LRM support. With all the ECM light mechs in the game now, the hellbringer can jam, lockon and hurt a light mech pretty badly. They won't hang around the assault lance for long with all those missiles homing in on them.

I cannot pick between these 2 mechs. the ECM is great but i also love to smack somebody in the face with 60LRMs most ppl are not expecting to see that much firepower coming in at them so fast.

Can you be a bit more specific about "LRM 40 hellbringer" or "LRM 60 Timberwolf" ?

For instance for your LRM 40 hellbringer I can't tell if you got 2 LRM 10's and a 20..., or 2 LRM 20's,
or a LRM 15, 5, and 20... etc

Kinda confusing for a new person as well as in practicalities, there is a different between 2 LRM 20's and a 5, 15, and 20...
This can range from rate of fire (DPS), tons of weapons, ammo requirements, accuracy, ghost heat. etc

Also I must add now that BAP and TAG isn't exactly necesary for LRM boating, can be usefull but it isn't a must.

#17 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

Mad Dog or if better armor is a must,Warhawk.

#18 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

The problem is the Mad Dog is so easy to see. It sticks out, even just climbing into the cockpit gives you this eerie feeling that you are somehow vulnerable.

I don't know why the Timber Wolf would not be considered a good LRM Boat, I think it makes a fine LRM Boat and it's tough as nails.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1622b5f91a3b70a

#19 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

Don't forget the Tag. These mechs actually come into CW with me, when I feel like bringing clan LRMs.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5b411db30dc9cbc

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b92f6087f038ba0

~Leone.

#20 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:30 AM

View PostLMP, on 08 August 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

The problem is the Mad Dog is so easy to see. It sticks out, even just climbing into the cockpit gives you this eerie feeling that you are somehow vulnerable.

I don't know why the Timber Wolf would not be considered a good LRM Boat, I think it makes a fine LRM Boat and it's tough as nails.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1622b5f91a3b70a

The fact that mechs 15 tons lighter then it do most LRM builds equal to it but better or the fact it has limited bot space for the ST missiles that's the main problem, the other problem is to many IS pilots go "OMG TIMBER!" and will focus on it with all of there might- no matter if it being a laser vomit, UAC 2 boat, lRM boat, tag boat, or having 4 narcs....

WIth the hardpoints available, it's better as to support the timber then to be a main.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users