23 replies to this topic

#1 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

Looks like if you don't lose a mech, you get a #@!$load of matchscore for it. I havent looked into the effect on cbill payouts yet but check it out if you get a chance.

Posted Image

#2 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:13 PM

I've seen the same, match score is not what I would expect.

Posted Image

Edit: Typo

Edited by Xiphias, 22 August 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#3 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

Just had a match score of 1354 by staying alive in one mech. Is this a bug or are deaths penalized?

(Not at my desktop PC, so can't post screenshot.)

#4 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

If you look in the players stats page there is a lot of new stuff being tracked. Deaths is one of them. I accidentally killed my self on by overheat the other day and there was a big red "suicides 1" on the list.

I can only conclude that there is some sort of bonus for surviving hence your large scores.

Maybe it is the start of some sort of PSR for CW matches, or a side effect of the PSR tracking for normal queues I expect the same things are tracked.

#5 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

Should be looked at by honestly, nowhere near game-breaking.

#6 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:24 PM

It's really irrelevant, as such. Having a huge CW match score does little for you - it's just a way of keeping score. It's the player stats, particularly c-bill awards, that you have to look at.

#7 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 23 August 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

It's really irrelevant, as such. Having a huge CW match score does little for you - it's just a way of keeping score. It's the player stats, particularly c-bill awards, that you have to look at.

Having a huge CW match score affects your PSR, so yeah, it's relevant. Confirmed by Paul.

#8 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

Its already been determined that PGI has no clue what they are doing many times before.

#9 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostTarogato, on 23 August 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Having a huge CW match score affects your PSR, so yeah, it's relevant. Confirmed by Paul.

surprise surprise

#10 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

Divide by zero confirmed?

#11 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

Then these are then the tier 1/2 players.
So then they will face eachother in PUG or they may never see each other if they never PUG.
Both way the elitarist will not see tier 3 (i hope).

Maybe it will be equlized when MWO is in timeline when IS gets clan-tech?

#12 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

You want to get a picture of all your rewards next time this happens?

Working on what makes Match Score, and preliminary results are 48% damage=Match Score, and most non-kill related bonuses being worth 2 points. Values subject to change, as they are weird numbers.

Still trying to figure out if dying causes you to lose any (in the Pub queue/private match), as Suicide costs you 5 points.
Kill values are also to be determined.

From the above, assuming CW is the same as PUG matches, your damage alone would net you 806 points (.4...now sure how they round). Assists would add 46, to 852.

Add 2 points for every bonus (protected Light/Med, Formation, Scouting, etc...) then the appropriate kill bonuses (TBD) and it seems that follows the preliminary Match Score formula...but obviously dying cuts down hard on it.

More testing to follow.

#13 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostTarogato, on 23 August 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

I really wish they'd fracking use their website to release information like that. I don't use Twitter, and I shouldn't be required to download a third-party program, or go to a third-party site in order to keep track of the game - when they already have this neat website just for that for that.

However, since we don't know how CW match score interacts with PSR, it's still too early to load up the car and head for the hills. Still a good thing to have confirmation over, but it doesn't worry me.

Edited by Void Angel, 24 August 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#14 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostSeelenlos, on 24 August 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

Then these are then the tier 1/2 players.
So then they will face eachother in PUG or they may never see each other if they never PUG.
Both way the elitarist will not see tier 3 (i hope).

Maybe it will be equlized when MWO is in timeline when IS gets clan-tech?

The only tiers that wont ever see each other is 1's wont see 4's or 5's...everyone else plays with each other like normal.

Unless it's CW apparently...then if you are a team of 5's you can see a team of 1's and even get penalized for the loss. Gotta love dat logic....

View PostMcgral18, on 24 August 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

You want to get a picture of all your rewards next time this happens?

Working on what makes Match Score, and preliminary results are 48% damage=Match Score, and most non-kill related bonuses being worth 2 points. Values subject to change, as they are weird numbers.

Still trying to figure out if dying causes you to lose any (in the Pub queue/private match), as Suicide costs you 5 points.
Kill values are also to be determined.

From the above, assuming CW is the same as PUG matches, your damage alone would net you 806 points (.4...now sure how they round). Assists would add 46, to 852.

Add 2 points for every bonus (protected Light/Med, Formation, Scouting, etc...) then the appropriate kill bonuses (TBD) and it seems that follows the preliminary Match Score formula...but obviously dying cuts down hard on it.

More testing to follow.

Would dying be the same as a disconnect? Seeing as how you disco last night in our tests and lost 2 pts?

Something to look into i would think...

Edited by DarthRevis, 24 August 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#15 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 22 August 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Looks like if you don't lose a mech, you get a #@!$load of matchscore for it. I havent looked into the effect on cbill payouts yet but check it out if you get a chance.

Looks to me like it's the regular formula...almost. I made sure to use 1 mech, then calculated everything from the testing I'd done earlier.
Posted Image

I did the arithmetic...and found two issues. The Match Score came out to 1677, but my calculations to 1676. Pretty close, BUT, that didn't include the 20 points from the Win (and the 11 Hit and Runs cancelled out from the Kill Most Damage Dealt).

Otherwise, the match used the regular match scoring system. It seems death is the thing that changes the formula, significantly.
Posted Image
Spoiler

As for death...maybe I'll do the math another time. Normal match is -2 (and you only get 1 death), but it's without a doubt more significant in CW.

Edited by Mcgral18, 25 August 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#16 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:45 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 August 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

Looks to me like it's the regular formula...almost. I made sure to use 1 mech, then calculated everything from the testing I'd done earlier.
Posted Image

I did the arithmetic...and found two issues. The Match Score came out to 1677, but my calculations to 1676. Pretty close, BUT, that didn't include the 20 points from the Win (and the 11 Hit and Runs cancelled out from the Kill Most Damage Dealt).

Otherwise, the match used the regular match scoring system. It seems death is the thing that changes the formula, significantly.
Posted Image
Spoiler

As for death...maybe I'll do the math another time. Normal match is -2 (and you only get 1 death), but it's without a doubt more significant in CW.

seems like its using the same match score system as the regular queue but dividing the final number by how many mechs used

#17 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:12 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 25 August 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

seems like its using the same match score system as the regular queue but dividing the final number by how many mechs used

6 points off...but I'd say that's pretty damn close (for 1 death/2 robots used/half score).

Makes sense, but I'll have to get some more screens to verify.

Edited by Mcgral18, 26 August 2015 - 12:45 AM.

#18 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 25 August 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

Divide by 1 confirmed?

That's actually an issue that should be addressed. I don't think PGI wants to promote hiding as a way to boost PSR.

#19 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:14 AM

View PostKhereg, on 26 August 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

That's actually an issue that should be addressed. I don't think PGI wants to promote hiding as a way to boost PSR.

Too late. already happening in live drops.

#20 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

lol they are basing an event off of the "don't ever die" match score system

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users