5 replies to this topic

#1 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

Are they worth it?
I've read that LB type autocannons have bonus crit chances like machine guns, so I'm thinking of pairing the biggest one that exists with 6 ERSL on a Gargoyle. Build looks like this
Before I blow a million-ish c-bills on it though, is it a better idea to stick with the UAC20 instead?

#2 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:58 AM

I used it on Stormcrow with that particular build you posted and use hit and run tactics.

UAC/20 is a bit different that it allows you to reach farther and hit harder. But it's also hotter when you double tap. Works best against big and slow target.

I consider them to have their own application. LB-20X: short ranged "precision" shotgun, UAC/20: medium ranged spread damage cannon.

#3 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

In right application its great.

Not good at start of fight but great at mid to clean up point. Once armor starts going internal it lights things up like no tomorrow. Also real handy vs Speedy lights if your not very good at leading hard to miss with it. Will never forget Light flying across the screen swing up to shoot and BOOM dead PULL!!!!! Good times

Its obviously short range and since it spreads out alot, even shorter range to get any value out of its shot. But keep in mind vs a mech with concentrated firepower your at a disadvantage when he is mostly full armor. One of the reasons I think you dont see many use it, takes to long to get to the benefits of using it people want instant boom dead AKA UAC20 or AC20.

Found its a good compliment to SRM or Streaks. but if your looking for 1 hit dead setups probably not a good idea. It needs some patience to get the most out of it. Like I said works best after damage has gone on awhile and enemy start getting a little chewed up, to take advantage of crit chances.

#4 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

I tried LB20X with 3xMPL on a Mad Dog. Very lackluster. Swapped it out for a UAC20, much better results.Unless you have some huge LBX quirks it just isn't worth it.

#5 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:22 AM

With cooldown mods, yes.

I run a C-LBX 20 / 6 SPL Hellbringer and it is by far my favorite brawler. I like it even more than the AC20 Centurion and Atlas DDC.

I use a range mod for the SPL, when you get someone inside 200M you can rip them apart.

#6 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

I run a 6x SPL + high mounted LB20X Ebon Jab, and it's one of my most efficient brawlers. Just eats mechs alive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users