Pact To School Sale (Ended)

37 replies to this topic

#21 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

LOL. 600 MC almost 3 days premium. With 1 day premium and a couple of hours you can earn several Million C-bills. If you are new and want to reduce the grind dont buy MC buy Premium Time.

#22 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

View PostSereglach, on 25 August 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

The c-bill bundles are actually pretty respectably discounted. I wonder how worth it it'll be for people to buy the c-bills needed for modules, engines, or c-bill capable chassis, if they so choose.

At-a-glance numbers make me believe it's basically a 15-20% discount to anything purchasable for c-bills, if you buy the c-bills with MC to make the purchase (using the c-bill to MC value of mechs in the store as a guideline).

Even with this sale the C-Bill packages are still not very interesting:

1.1 Million C-Bill Bundle
800 - 25% = 600 MC = 1833 C-Bills per MC

2.4 Million C-Bill Bundle
1600 - 25% = 1200 MC = 2000 C-Bills per MC

6.5 Million C-Bill Bundle
4000 - 25% = 3000 MC = 2167 C-Bills per MC

SDR-5K(C)
buy at 1235 MC, sell for 2840425 C-Bills = 2300 C-Bills per MC

Of course you need a free mech bay, but let's calculate what you get for 3000MC ($14.95 MC package):

300 MC (mech bay) + 2*1235 MC (two SDR-5K(C)) = 2770 MC
sell the two Spiders, get 2*2840425 C-Bills = 5680850 C-Bills
5680850 C-Bills for 3000 MC = 1894 C-Bills per MC

That is not as good as the higher C-Bill bundles, but you get an empty mech bay and 230 extra MC!
If you do not include these still available 230 MC in your calculation:
5680850 C-Bills for 2770 MC = 2051 C-Bills per MC

So in the special case that
- you do not have an empty mech bay
- you do not have MC and can only buy a 3000 MC package
- you do not want a new mech bay and some spare MC
- the C-Bill packages are on 25% sale
- Champions are not on sale
the 6.5 Million C-Bill package is actually worth the price.

... or if you do not have the time to buy/sell/buy/sell the Spiders, because your team wants to start the CW match within 60 seconds and you need that Radar Deprivation module right now :)

And to Sereglach's suggestion of buying C-Bills to purchase Mechs: The ratio is about 2500 C-Bills per MC, so unless Champions are on sale it is cheaper to buy the Mechs directly with MC.

#23 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:14 PM

View PostRoboPatton, on 25 August 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

they are running out of things to sell

I have a wish list, C-Bill sales for FS9-K, GRF-1N, JM6-DD, KTO-19, SHD-2D, VTR-9K to complete my collection of those chassis :)

Edit: PGI, such sales would still yield you MC purchases for mech bays and cockpit items to store/outfit those mechs.

Edited by ThomasAH, 25 August 2015 - 11:15 PM.

#24 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostThomasAH, on 25 August 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

*Calculations snip*

That's why I said "at a glance". To err is human, and it seems I was at least somewhat off . . . but apparently I wasn't too far off with your comparisons of the 6.5 mil c-bill package vs. the raw spider purchases as-is (1894 cb/mc vs. 2167 cb/mc for raw yields = 14.4% savings). Regardless, they're convenience purchases, anyway. Have money but no time? That's what they're there for.

On the other hand, thanks for knocking out some calculations, as it satisfied any curiosity that I had.

#25 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostDingo Red, on 25 August 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

I don't care how they discount permanent camo unlocks, or C-Bill packs, both are still terrible deals and poorly thought out MC buys.
Permanent Camo Unlocks aren't always a bad deal.

If you only ever want to use one camo, and have under 10 mechs, or want multiple camo specs on the mech and have less than 5 variants, or are intending to switch between 2 specs regularly (at normal prices) it's not worth it no, as One-Shots are cheaper (1/10 the price).

At the discount, (Half price, 5 times the cost of a one shot) it's not bad though.
It lets you do all your mechs easily, and have the option of changing it around.

I have 8 Locusts and 3 Unlocks for their camo.
I've changed each Locusts camo at least 3-5 times.
That'd be potentially, up to 40 One-Shots, for the three times the cost of 3 (half price - I refuse to buy them at full price) camo spec unlocks.
Next time there's a sale on Camo's they can take, I'll likely buy 1-2 more.

My package mechs come with 1-8 pre-unlocked camos, and if I want something different and take a One-Shot, I lose access to those schemes, or have to remove the one-shot if I ever want to use them.

#26 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

Looks good but sorry, my wallet is closed over a moderator dispute.

PGI wants to prove they are more stubborn than me, at the cost of $100 per month. So far they are "winning", having lost $500 since May. Grats...

Tune in next month maybe,

#27 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:53 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 26 August 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

Looks good but sorry, my wallet is closed over a moderator dispute.

PGI wants to prove they are more stubborn than me, at the cost of $100 per month. So far they are "winning", having lost $500 since May. Grats...

Tune in next month maybe,

Remember back in the day when a MechWarrior game didn't cost anywhere near the money you are talking about?

Does anyone remember this, or is it just me?

I don't know... Maybe I'm just not able to deal with the new economic trend of the industry, but I miss the days when devs didn't nickle and dime us on things like paint schemes. Remember when we all laughed at Bethesda for trying to sell us aesthetic horse armor?

I miss looking forward to a new complete MW game and to new expansion packs or DLC. My God, what has happened?

#28 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:41 AM

What is funny is that even at 25% off the c-bill packs are not a good deal. Just goes to show how insanely overpriced the packs are at standard pricing. $14.95 for 6.5 million ON SALE? What exactly are you going to do with 6.5M c-bills? You cannot even buy most mechs, and the IS ones that you can buy you will need more for endo/DHS/etc. You can buy 1 module.... great... 1 whole module for almost $15... what a steal... NOT.

I posted something similar to this for the blood pact event with the bonus 250k per match. I hope all of these sales/events are to test the pricing of everything, as well as the c-bill earning per match. I do very much hope a permanent discount on everything and an increase in c-bill earning occurs from these events.

#29 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:01 AM

Usually you get crabs AFTER you go away to school!

ha-ha

*cough*

#30 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostRoboPatton, on 25 August 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

Guess, the ol' wallet stays closed this weekend...

SIGH.

Then again, they are running out of things to sell, just had modules, clams, and originals sales recently lol.

Well it's PGI - they are hopeless case when it comes to events and sales.

If you look at WoT the events there are designed to lure people into spending money with positive impulse of better that usual value so they get cash from those who normally don't buy premium stuff.

In PGI case they expect people to spend 160$ to fully participate in event without putting any additional incentive but i guess whale hunting works for them so far...

#31 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostSereglach, on 25 August 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Very fascinating sale. The c-bill bundles are actually pretty respectably discounted. I wonder how worth it it'll be for people to buy the c-bills needed for modules, engines, or c-bill capable chassis, if they so choose.

nope. Still terrible. discounted price for the best value pack is 3000 MC for 6,000,000 C-Bills, or 2000 CBills per MC. Buying the spider champion for 1235 MC and selling back for 2.84m CBills is 2307 CBills per MC.

If you want engines the value of buying the champions is even better, because you get the engine with the mech and dont lose 50% of the value - if you actually want the 280 XL from the spider the CBill/MC value is around 4000.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 26 August 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#32 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

Is there really anybody who spend some MC for Cbills ??

I cannot imagine....

But nice sale for the Crab Variants...

#33 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 26 August 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

nope. Still terrible. discounted price for the best value pack is 3000 MC for 6,000,000 C-Bills, or 2000 CBills per MC. Buying the spider champion for 1235 MC and selling back for 2.84m CBills is 2307 CBills per MC.

If you want engines the value of buying the champions is even better, because you get the engine with the mech and dont lose 50% of the value - if you actually want the 280 XL from the spider the CBill/MC value is around 4000.

Actually, you might want to go back and look at the in-depth calculations that have already been done by Tomas AH, because they cover the fact that there are savings to be had if you make the right purchases.

Also, as I already stated, they're there for convenience purposes. They're for people who have the money to spend but not the time to grind. When they're not on sale they're not meant to be a great deal, because they want people to PLAY the game.

Regardless, buying c-bills isn't going to skill out your mechs for you . . . it's just there to soften the grind some.

#34 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:03 AM

I love to put camo on my mechs and would instantly buy Urban Block, Woodland, Tiger and Vagabound! Would love to buy Sherman as well if I only could turn off those stars...

BUT... not beeing able to use the camo patterns on my ® variants is just a big deal stopper for me. I mostly pilot my C-Bill bonus mechs especially with such a neat event going on.

So Matt Newmann! What is the ETA on full camo pattern support for your loyal paying customers ® variant mechs? If it's not to far ahead I will trust in your word and would buy them beforehand. :)

Edited by Ryoken, 26 August 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#35 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

Dear PGI- Much love, but please, please...hire someone with some experience in marketing and sales.

Had to read the sale info twice just to make sure it was as un-enticing and pointless as I thought it was at first. It was.

#36 Tropico_Thunder

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern United States Lance Corp

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

Don't see the point to this sale. I'm wondering if they have collected numbers showing this was a good idea. Please recalculate if you did.

#37 -=Heloc=-

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:00 PM

You know, it's easy enough to count up how many matches I've been in that qualify but it would be nice to have a counter and maybe a "You have earned these rewards so far" section on the mwomercs.com/tournaments page, even if it's just the total c-bills.

It's a small thing but it should be an easy thing to add too.

#38 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:29 PM

"please...hire someone with some experience in marketing and sales."

Or even cross-train. I've been VERY impressed with Customer Service. I made a complaint on the forums and 3 of them were in my inbox within the hour, asking how they could fix my problem. Maybe have them explain their art to the Community Manager side of the biz. Its not rocket science:

PGI: We're sorry you had this bad experience. We do not allow volunteer moderators to stalk our customers on our forums, and will keep an eye out for this kind of behavior.

Fen: Cool, and thanks for not taking 3 months to get back to me.

PGI: Certainly. Also, here's some freebie stuff to offset having to deal with this problem

Fen: Nah thanks, that's okay. But can you help me set up a direct deposit to PGI? I was spending about $100 a month on this game, and now that I feel you value your customers, I'm ready to start spending again.

PGI: Sure, we would love to take your money

....see how easy that was? Or would have been?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users