#21 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:58 AM

View PostBreender, on 27 August 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

I am just a noob like heavy weight brawling, as there is a MC discount running, I want purchase 1 mastery pack but can't decide between Atlas and Stalker pack.

It seems that Stalker hits harder than BH, but BH run faster and toughter, which one is better at brawing?

Also, since I am talking about Mastery pack, can someone compare the other 2 mech besides Hero mechs? I hear that the Atlas DDC is special in play style.

Can someone provide me some advise?

As far as Assault Mastery packs, get the Stalker Pack.

Stalkers are very strong at the moment. They can Lazor and if brawling is your thing, you can load up on SRMs.

Stalker hitboxes let them tank more than they should...BUT you have to have skill in positioning and twisting.

The Misery, the Stalker Hero, is ine of the few VIABLE Heroes in the game. The build for it is the Classic 40 - 2PPC+AC20 all on one side so the other side of the mech is a deadside and can shield damage.

Granted it takes skill to use the deadside but when you get decent at it you will survive longer with all your guns intact.

With the right terrain, a Misery can solo a Direwhale. You just have to time your side peeks.

Hope this helps.

#22 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostSarlic, on 28 August 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

Argh. I hate so much to advice not taking the Atlas pack for New Players today. Between the Atlas and the Stalker the Stalker is obvious are far better choice.

Most reasons are already said here how and why.

Good luck gent!

(Hug)

View PostInspectorG, on 29 August 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

As far as Assault Mastery packs, get the Stalker Pack.

Stalkers are very strong at the moment. They can Lazor and if brawling is your thing, you can load up on SRMs.

As important as "at the moment," Stalkers have pretty much always been at least capable mechs. They have naturally great hitboxes and mounts that make them relatively meta-proof. They were my first assault and I don't ever recall them being at least "good." They're as high on the food chain now as they've ever been, but they've never been a bad mech. With a re-balance coming, I think that's important to consider. The Atlas, though iconic, has generally been on a downward slide.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users