240/250 Ton Drop - Cw

13 replies to this topic

#1 SolVali

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:32 PM

I was looking at mech drops on metamechs, and see 240/250 drop loudouts for IS. http://metamechs.com...ropship-ladder/

Apprently this is because IS got a 10 ton boost, so is there any point in a 240 deck (like on certain maps?) or is it 250 for IS permenantly, everywhere. (and 240 for clan)

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:43 PM

Wut?

The IS 250t was lowered back to 240t months ago, due to Clan whining.

Edited by Appogee, 30 August 2015 - 10:44 PM.

#3 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostAppogee, on 30 August 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

Wut?

Actually, it was put in to stop some kind of bug with attack lanes and taken away because the bug was fixed and PGI found that people werent actually using the full 250 the vast majority of the time.

#4 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostCarl, on 30 August 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

Actually, it was put in to stop some kind of bug with attack lanes
What? It was introduced because Clans were stomping IS all the time ... as they went on to do during the Tukayyid Event and again following the Beta 2 map reset.

View PostCarl, on 30 August 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

PGI found that people werent actually using the full 250 the vast majority of the time.

In which case, there would have been no reason to reduce the 250t for those who were actually using it.

I just finished a two week contract with Clans. Easiest 50 CW wins I ever had. The Mechs are more individually competitive - it was hard to decide what drop deck to take, there were so many good options - and the quality of Clan PUGs also far exceeded whom you encounter in IS matches.

Edited by Appogee, 30 August 2015 - 11:25 PM.

#5 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:23 PM

View PostAppogee, on 30 August 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

What? It was introduced because Clans were stomping IS all the time ... as they went on to do during the Tukayyid Event and again following the Beta 2 map reset.

In which case, there would have been no reason to reduce the 250t for those who were actually using it.

Or better yet not needed as it wasnt being used.

PS. Clans only won 53% in Tuk in the end and that is not a smashing or a stomping. Things are a lot more even than people represent!

Edited by Carl, 30 August 2015 - 11:28 PM.

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:03 AM

In all fairness, the clans didn't really win Tukayyid. The mercs did.

Clan wolf won Tukayyid, but their top 3 scores were merc units.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 31 August 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#7 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:14 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 31 August 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

In all fairness, the clans didn't really win Tukayyid. The mercs did.

Good point. And they were using Clan Mechs... :)

View PostCarl, on 30 August 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

PS. Clans only won 53% in Tuk in the end and that is not a smashing or a stomping.

The result swung between 70:30 Clan and 70:30 IS throughout a 24 hour cycle, as US peak playing time came and went.

In the end, Tukayyid was decided by the fact that it ended towards the end of the US peak time, when Clans (especially the larger US-based Merc Units) had their best players online. I think part of the Clan vs IS superiority comes down to the PUGs. IS has far more bad ones than Clan.

Edited by Appogee, 31 August 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#8 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

View PostAppogee, on 31 August 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:

Good point. And they were using Clan Mechs... :)

The result swung between 70:30 Clan and 70:30 IS throughout a 24 hour cycle, as US peak playing time came and went.

In the end, Tukayyid was decided by the fact that it ended towards the end of the US peak time, when Clans (especially the larger US-based Merc Units) had the numbers in the player base.

I think part of the Clan vs IS superiority comes down to the PUGs. IS has far more bad ones than Clan.

I noticed the 70-30 swing myself but the stats came out in the end and Clans won 53% and IS 47%. of all the battles over Tuk.

#9 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostCarl, on 31 August 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

I noticed the 70-30 swing myself but the stats came out in the end and Clans won 53% and IS 47%. of all the battles over Tuk.

Fair enough. Clans OP. Stats prove it ;)

Where was ComStar when we needed them?

Edited by Appogee, 31 August 2015 - 12:27 AM.

#10 SolVali

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:42 AM

So the website is a bit out of date i take it then? Only 240 i need to do?

#11 Jumping Gigolo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 214 posts
  • LocationAny red light district or above 27,000ft on a mile-high club jet

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:49 AM

@ Virarasa - yup that Metamech page is outdated. Dropdeck is 240 tons for both IS and Clans.

Edited by Jumping Gigolo, 31 August 2015 - 12:55 AM.

#12 SolVali

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:04 AM

Good stuff, thanks.

Edited by Virarasa, 31 August 2015 - 01:14 AM.

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:01 AM

Wish it was 260/260 like it used to be, but I love heavies and assaults.

#14 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostAppogee, on 30 August 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

Wut?

It was introduced because due to player population and a bug related to that- the clans stomped.
After a lot of economic changes and the clan nerfs and the IS buff of 10 tons.

nearly every clan player ditched to the now OP IS and got 50% more c-bills as IS then they did as clan- this resaulted the same bug doing the reverse where at one of the lowest points clans (as an all 4 clans) territory only has 10 or so planets I believe (where 2 of those clans were at a shifting 1-2). My memory could be off by 5 or so here. but in short there was less clan planets all put together then they are FRR (which is the smallest faction in lore as a IS... excluding St Ives')

The bug was mainly problems with taking back territory and helping attackers get in easily- this is also with the aid of player population distribution.

On top of that the Tukayiid event kinda supports the idea that it should have been clans that got the 250 ton cap instead of 240 (if 1 faction would have 1 over the other) because assault clan mechs were as rare as a urbanmech during the event and more or less outside of the event- I still strugle to see direwolfs on a regular basis in CW but I sure do see lots of stalkers, kingcrabs, etc.

Granted I would think there should be no faction better then the other especially with drop deck total tonnage -which was a stupid idea to begin with. if we went by lore it would have been clans with more tons then IS because guess what the IS was using to repel the clanners in 3050? Wolfhound, centurion, locust, etc. What did the clans use? Timberwolf, mad dog, summoner, direwolf, warhawks. etc

Go by lore teams instead? 10 (clans) vs 12 (IS.)

Go by MW: O's fragile ballance situation? 12 (Clans) vs 10 (IS)

Go by who wins the most? more tons to the enemy of which ever faction has the biggest unit at the present time that is 90% of the active faction and isn't pugging.

Doing balance specifically on tech is stupid if you look at CW because CW is mainly about the players- the COMMUNITY. I can go cry that 6 flamer jenners are OP because once upon a time there was a 12 man team of flamer jenners running around and making nearly everyone get to a very high heat (granted there were some 9 flamer hunchbacks followed up).

Or I can go cry that 12 man of urbanmechs are OP because that's 240 damage alpha strike between the 12 urbies and it shouldn't be fair that it takes 20 seconds for 12 urbies to destroy even an entire team of assaults. (this one is simply fo sake of example and not a hard pressed math fact- granted not many clanners even take assaults to begin with)

Anyway- the reason there was a 240/250 drop deck on the website was that IS vs IS was 240 but (somehow IS used clan braodsword dropships (leopard IIC) while clans were left with the leopard dropships the iS used) 250 vs 240 when it's clan vs IS. Which was fun seeing the stalker and thunderbolt spam that consumed clan space after those changes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users