Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

Steam Update?

#2 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

Like everything else with this game recently, PGI is lagging behind. We're not likely going to see MWO on Steam until probably December or January.

Probably January since they'll be releasing all the new IIC mechs come December 15th. Why they can't release all their other mech packs on one of their patch days I'll never know.

I'd rather wait a little longer and get everything I paid for all at once, rather than get 2 mechs per month like we've been getting lately.

#3 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

Ok so they did push it back then

#4 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

i'd rather have steam come in 1 more year
that way there are a ton more fixes to come in place
if possible i'd like to buff flamers and mguns
x2-3 mgun per ballistic slot
C3
Total ECM rework
flamers work like mech 2

#5 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:02 PM

Your guess is as good as mine.

I've not heard jack-squat about Steam since one of the town halls several months back.

We were supposed to have that 're-balance' update on the PTS last month, it never happened, instead we're just getting it on the live server, whether it's broke or not remains to be seen in a couple weeks.

So, like I said, PGI is lagging behind on their news and on their game updates.

#6 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:03 PM

Ah ok,thanks

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

I don't think anyone here in the MWO forums will even notice the Steam release. We're all Tier 1 players. We won't even see the new guys.

#8 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:07 PM

Last I heard, or remember hearing, was around October.

EDIT: Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Kira_Onime, 04 September 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#9 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 04 September 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

I don't think anyone here in the MWO forums will even notice the Steam release. We're all Tier 1 players. We won't even see the new guys.

I would be surprised if I were a Tier 1 player. At best I'd guess Tier 3

#10 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

Needs more time in the oven.

Despite their best intentions, there is still a ton of improvements that should probably be done before a steam launch.

- Tutorials need a few gaps filled based on what we have seen in PTS.
- New player experience beyond the tutorials needs improvement.
- The big old balance pass needs to drop and more then likely have a few passes done to it.
- Game modes need an overhaul so its not just 3 flavors of skirmish mode.
- Current matchmaker group queue issues really need to be improved.
- CW needs a physical point behind it.
- More stuff needs to be on the store that is worth it for new players (decals, etc.)

This isn't to say that everything is bad. New UI was a huge improvement, and much of the stuff on there is slated to be included. It just comes down to the question of is it going to be polished before steam. Because they REALLY only have one shot at this.

#11 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 04 September 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Good attempt at humor except it wasn't even 2 weeks before the said tier 1 would play all tiers just for match making reasons.

Unless they changed that again since.

#12 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

A lot of incorrect assumptions.

As to the rebalance - we are going to Public test at least once before live . Not sure where the information comes from that we are not going to public test. As to missed previous Public Test dates - I simply provide my best hope and estimates and state them as just that - if you don't like the estimates we can just hold back on that kind of information more often.

The rebalance is now complete - we need to internally branch test then set up a public test - trying to next week after Labor Day.

As to Steam - no there is no official release date and we still have the luxury of some fluidity - that is a good thing not some negative notion of falling behind. Things change and we realize we should add a feature before we go on steam. But we are getting close.

#13 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 04 September 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Good attempt at humor except it wasn't even 2 weeks before the said tier 1 would play all tiers just for match making reasons.

Unless they changed that again since.

That was for group queue. Of course there is also CW, where there are no tiers.

#14 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 04 September 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

The rebalance is now complete - we need to internally branch test then set up a public test - trying to next week after Labor Day.

This is really interesting to know even tho it's off-topic.

#15 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 04 September 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

I'd rather wait a little longer and get everything I paid for all at once, rather than get 2 mechs per month like we've been getting lately.

Then you can not play with those mechs until the last mech comes out. The rest of us would rather have things as soon as possible. I hope no one listens to this feedback..

View PostRuss Bullock, on 04 September 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

A lot of incorrect assumptions.

As to the rebalance - we are going to Public test at least once before live . Not sure where the information comes from that we are not going to public test. As to missed previous Public Test dates - I simply provide my best hope and estimates and state them as just that - if you don't like the estimates we can just hold back on that kind of information more often.

As to Steam - no there is no official release date and we still have the luxury of some fluidity - that is a good thing not some negative notion of falling behind. Things change and we realize we should add a feature before we go on steam. Bee are getting close.

I would prefer loose estimates to no information at all. People enjoy too much taking the estimated dates making a big deal out of them when they slip. Its like they don't understand schedule slips happen in many industries, I work in aerospace and it is common place.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 04 September 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#16 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 04 September 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Good attempt at humor

I'll be here all week.

#17 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 04 September 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

not looking forward to steam. MWO is hard on my system as is, the steam interface has always caused me issues. i wish when this launched to steam there was a "no steam needed" option

You can easily set Steam too offline mode. You don't need to have an active internet connection to play your Steam games, though I would presume that MWO will still have that requirement.

#18 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

We need a timejump before steam too imo, to get some of the other weapon systems into the game so we can add more flavour to our loadouts. We've spent the last 3 years using the same ones and it's getting really stale now.

If we have to wait for them in a 1:1 timeframe we'll all be in early retirement before we get anything new.

#19 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 September 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Then you can not play with those mechs until the last mech comes out. The rest of us would rather have things as soon as possible. I hope no one listens to this feedback..

And what, you don't think I want certain things as soon as possible? They just happen to be different things than what you want.

For instance, I'd want a better overall game balance, including balanced and fun game modes, as well as the mechs themselves, currently we're set to get about half of that this month, and in this case, that's okay with me.

It's all about the priorities.

You've got yours, I've got mine. They will almost never synch up, but once in a blue moon, they might.

#20 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 04 September 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

You can easily set Steam too offline mode. You don't need to have an active internet connection to play your Steam games, though I would presume that MWO will still have that requirement.

Obviously since, correct me if I'm wrong, but most of your stuff is stored on the servers.
You'd need an internet access to even see your mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users