Cannot Remove Consumables From Mechs In Mechlab. "an Error Occured While Saving"

Bug Report

56 replies to this topic

#21 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Having the same problem, I can't remove the consumables from any of my mechs. I can remove the other modules, but if I try to remove the consumables I get an error.

#22 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

Same here. Annoying but not crucial.

#23 HisN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

#24 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:11 PM

Same here, consumables are stuck and cannot be removed. I can however tick off the autorefill and save but not remove it entirely.

#25 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

I'm getting this as well, & as a result, one of my mechs cannot be taken out into the field. Repair tool doesn't fix it, so don't even try.

#26 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

Same here, getting a "critical module slot violation" error. It seems the module slot is occupied twice. I mounted an air strike erroneously and wanted to remove it. It can be removed, but the slot immediately shows to bear an artillery strike. After saving, leaving the Mech Lab and entering again, the air strike is back again.

Cannot run this mech now.

#27 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:23 PM

Happens nearly all the time now. when it does "save" I have a couple incomplete builds where I may have put on something like 4 srms and it only saved 2 and removed my engine for no reason. Also concerning was when I went to look for the engine, I couldn't find it, then the game gave me an "Unknown Failure" message and booted me out of the game and now I can't get back in with the same message. Sometimes it would load or connect forever until I close the program but I can't even get back to try.

#28 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

Source: https://www.reddit.c...tool_didnt_fix/

Edited by Sarlic, 08 September 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#29 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

That's the message I get but I didn't use any Strip Mech buttons or have any modules on the mechs ever and it didn't cause any other mechs to become invalid.

#30 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

This will likely be resolved with a hot-fix, details should be coming later today.

#31 Backinblack3333

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostMole, on 08 September 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Friend just did a test and is experiencing the same problem. He tried to replace a consumable with another consumable and it displays him as having three consumables on his mech and he cannot remove any of them. When he tries to launch into a game with that mech, which just happens to be his brand new Mauler, so he's not exactly a happy camper right now, it tells him "Unable to launch into game due to critical loadout error", since he has three consumables loaded into his mech that only has two consumable slots. We need a hotfix for this ASAP.

Same my artic cheetahs are invalid and cannot use any of them

#32 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

Same issue with my mechs.

#33 Frost506

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:11 PM

Same here [color=#959595]"critical module slot violation".[/color]

#34 Gravitas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 139 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

Ran into same problem. Though I hadn't narrowed it down to the consumables, just modules I thought. Good to know I can remove those, and I'll await the hotfix.

#35 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

View PostFinring, on 08 September 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

After this mornings patch I am unable to remove or change what consumables are on a mech. When i pull off the module and hit save they reappear in their slots after the save is complete. If i remove the current modules and place different ones in, the original ones reappear after the save.

I am running the repair tool now and will edit this post when i check the results.

bug persists after running repair tool. Using strip modules from the STRIP MECH button gives the same result.

I have managed to create a critical load out error, module violation, on one of my enforcers though the only module of any kind on it is a 6 by 6 coolshot.
Same here

View PostIronwithin, on 08 September 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Also try removing the modules with the STRIP MECH-button.
Did not work

View PostBongo TauKat, on 08 September 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

I have tested and confirmed that you can remove one consumable or module at a time and then saving. It seems when multiple modules or consumables are attempted to be taken off is when the bug arises.
Also did not work for me

#36 Zmflyin

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

Having the same general problem. Went to change consumables and now I have 4 consumables. I can remove them, but it won't save. I go back into the mechbay again, and there all 4 of them are. 2 will show, removing one will reveal the extras. This is on my ACH-Prime.

#37 BearFlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

Same problem. My Kintaro 18 is broken. I leave it as is in case PGI wants to look at its DB state.

Warnings report a "module slot violation."

Any attempts to fix fail to save.

I reloaded the program, fully stripped the mech and tried to save. Still get a save error.

One symptom in the module display: On going into the display it shows one consumable (cool shot 6) and one empty consumable slot. If I pull off the cool shot, two other consumables appear (cool shot 18 and airstrike). Seems like the mech has three consumables loaded into two slots. Or perhaps a problem reconciling saved config vs. modified.

Edited by BearFlag, 08 September 2015 - 09:26 PM.

#38 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:10 PM

I can turn auto-refill off and still save...so maybe after I use them they won't come back?

#39 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

The consumables bug is here too. Can't remove & save by dragging out, stripping mech, all at once or one at a time. The Prob BearFlag and some others report occured here also, but i think with the shadowcat release patch. The one with the triple modules (Mech and Weapon modules, not consumables). Went nuts bc my radar dep was gone. I wrote an endless mail to support and before i could send it, the bug was gone. Never figured what it was. If it is back now, it really may need some attention too.

Edited by zzoxx, 08 September 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#40 Taffy249

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:58 PM

Had the same problem myself last night so couldn't play with my new mauler. Sad times hot fix please PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users