Cda-3M Laser Placement Wrong

10 replies to this topic

#1 playful0

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:22 AM

for the past couple of months ive had a issue where my right laser is placing lower than it should be and lower than it has been in the past, it only has 1 laser hard point and its up top, but it places every laser ive tried into the lower section of the body on the right side.

I have striped it bare and redone it,
I have sold off the mech and rebought it
I have sold off he mech exited the game reloaded and rebought it

I still cant get it back to where it used to be.
I count on those lasers being head high on this mech and need to find a way to fix it.
it has gone from my fave mech to one I dont play often because of this.
I did reach out to tech support who never go back to me (been 4 weeks now) other than to say ummm send my your crash dump info. which I have not crashed so couldn't send it

I have heard that if you sell off every single copy of that laser from your inv and all existing mechs it MIGHT fix it, but I have over 30 mechs and that's a lot of cash to lose on rebuying them for a MIGHT fix..

anyone have any idea how to get my placement back to normal please?

Edited by playful0, 14 September 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:30 AM

If you mount a PPC, it's high-mounted. If you mount a laser, it's low-mounted. Just the way the geo is on that 'Mech. Cant get around it.
Anyone who says selling all of your X item and rebuying is just trolling you. That actually does nothing, and is a common way to **** with people who are asking for help. Sorry you fell for it.

Edited by Night Thastus, 14 September 2015 - 05:32 AM.

#3 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 14 September 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

Anyone who says selling all of your X item and rebuying is just trolling you. That actually does nothing, and is a common way to **** with people who are asking for help. Sorry you fell for it.

No, that actually does work for some mechs... like the Banshee and the Battlemaster. But very few.

The CDA-3M on the other hand, cannot be fixed. PGI made me not want to play this mech anymore because it's no longer symmetrical and that REALLLLLLYYYY bothers me because of how long it used to be symmetrical and now suddenly for no reason... it isn't.

PGI... pleassseeeee can I have by symmetrical cockpit-level hardpoints back?

#4 playful0

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

ok so they did change it? it is not just a glitch on my end then... at least now I know. and yes its made me not want to play it aswell, the duel high mounts is what made that mech for me
I played it with the duel er large forever at that high mounting, then it was a sudden thing the right was low, yes they need to refix that and put it back to the way it was

Edited by playful0, 14 September 2015 - 08:51 AM.

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:46 AM

View Postplayful0, on 14 September 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

ok so they did change it? it is not just a glitch on my end then... at least now I know. and yes its made me not want to play it aswell, the duel high mounts is what made that mech for me
I played it with the duel er large forever at that high mounting, then it was a sudden thing the right was low, yes they need to refix that and put it back to the way it was

i switched from dual large to 3 medium and a large pulse for the highmount. does work, but still feels kinda like a wrong mech.

#6 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

View Postplayful0, on 14 September 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

Yeah, they did change it. The placement of the energy hardpoints became wonky when they added "dynamic geometry", i.e. the 3D model of the mech actually updates to represent which weapons you've installed.

I wonder how much work it'd be to simply move the RT energy weapon to the same level where the LT energy weapon goes. There's an empty space in the model right there, so that's the full extent of what'd have to be done.

It's not a huge issue really, but I like this mech and every time I play it I'm like

Posted Image

#7 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:25 AM

Posted Image

#8 playful0

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:39 AM

yea any loadout ive tried is still lower on the right side, and yea the mount shows as a upper mount when you look at it as a bare mount still, I don't understand why they don't put it back the way it was, it cant be that much codeing to fix it so that it goes to the mount space

but even ppc like someone had said goes high mount, is going low mount on right side for me

Edited by playful0, 18 September 2015 - 05:40 AM.

#9 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostTarogato, on 14 September 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

No, that actually does work for some mechs... like the Banshee and the Battlemaster. But very few.

The CDA-3M on the other hand, cannot be fixed. PGI made me not want to play this mech anymore because it's no longer symmetrical and that REALLLLLLYYYY bothers me because of how long it used to be symmetrical and now suddenly for no reason... it isn't.

PGI... pleassseeeee can I have by symmetrical cockpit-level hardpoints back?

Still my favorite mech but ya when they did the geometry pass I simply expected the UAC 5 to either not show at all when nothing was there or show the appropriate weapon. I did not expect them to lower the right torso energy mount for no reason at all.....not like the cicada is OP or anything.

So yes this silly crap bugs me as well I try to ignore it for the most part.

#10 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

I personally think someone at PGI just screwed up.... Maybe they are too embarrassed to fess up or too lazy to fix.

I mean, would they admit they made a nice mech that people had owned for a couple of years both ugly and less efficient? That would be like the Chevy dealership taking out your right front headlight and mounting it on your car's front bumper on your next oil change. Makes no sense at all...

Anyway, it would be nice if they just quietly fixed it the way it was with the first torso energy mounts high and the gun low. Really, just how much effort could be involved?

Edited by FireDog, 05 October 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#11 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:17 AM

Pretty please PGI? Will-buy-MC-if-you-do-it-please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users