So How Is The Territorial Challenge Event Going For You?

26 replies to this topic

#21 Dark Madness X

Rookie

• The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 8 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

STUCK in an infernal; map loop

#22 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

I have currently secured tier 1 in CW and need 3 more maps for tier 2 with scores over 300. I have played around 30-35 CW games over the weekend. (IS only). Some games were solo + pug others were with groups of various sizes.

IMO opinion a lot of it comes down to luck depending on the following factors.

1. get the map you need
2. get decent players on your side (somewhat controllable)
3. do not get tier1 overlords on the other team who will wipe the floor with your entire team in 5 minutes
4. get an actual opponent (I have had at least 10 ghost drops despite grouping up and being selective on planets)
5. Don't fall asleep waiting for a match (which turns into a ghost drop)
6. do not get a team (either yours or theirs) who finish the match early by gaining the objectives (normally a good thing)
7. do not be a team player, team play gets you nothing. (this has cost me a number of times)
8. don't make a mistake and lose any mech for less than 2 kills and 500 damage.

Only when your luck or skill can overcome all of these things will you achieve the magic 300. I consider myself an average player, I have had the opportunity (maps) to get tier 2 rewards. If the goal was 250 or even 275 I would have achieved it twice over ( my best score in this event is about 460). It is do able but a lot of the time your performance is based on so many other factors, some of which are beyond your control.

The good thing is I have made about 20m Cbills and a bunch of GXP as well as about 40k loyalty points. I would have played CW anyway so having more people playing has generally been great.

As for the public queue, didn't touch it at all as I knew the game play would be riddled with selfish people only doing what is right for them. Judging from all the complaints I was right about that.

#23 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

This map has made community warfare awful. I had 4 DC's my last game because it was the "wrong map". CW already has a long que, so having matches thrown away blows.

#24 Amethyst Blade

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

PGI, thank you for making it 300 pts. I decided to give it another go. 4 more hours. Over a DOZEN 400,500 and 600 point games. Not a single one on the right map. Got a 290 once. So close.

So, well, thanks, but...

Mark Charke

#25 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:44 PM

Again, map selection needs to be enabled.

The Disco's are sending John Travolta to an early grave.

#26 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

I grinded many an hour for the public que alone and still barely cut it. It's like everyone is saying: the random map selection is what's screwing me over. Despite that, I've never deliberately disconnected from a match (the game did managed to crash on me on a map I needed. I was dead when I came back of course). However, all of the playing that I've done as a result has earned me a ton of c-bills and I personally need that more than the rewards they're giving out anyway.

#27 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

This challenge sucked-primarily because the score for pug matches was too high at 300-400, and in Community Warfare (a game type which has now been designed to favor attrition-based play), the penalties for being killed were outright murderous to your match score for otherwise no reason other than the fact that you were killed; that and players have no control over the map system, so we're all stuck trying to get the map we need and shooting into the wind-and most of the time missing. And when we did hit the mark, we blew the match. :/

Meanwhile, as for me, I started on the opening evening of the tournament: About an hour ago at around 2am, I finally got the last Community Warfare match I needed to complete the Tier 2 prize pack. I've been at this since 9am today. Last night, at 3am by the way, I got the Public games Tier 2 prize pack completed. I started at noon. It's been a rough few days. I was pushed to my limits physically and mentally. Part of me actually feels guilty and sick that I invested my entire weekend into this given the level of frustration it inflicted upon its players. But I wanted the prizes, and I'm at least glad that (hopefully) I will have earned them.

I sympathize with anyone who launched kamikaze attacks on the enemy or simply disconnected or overheated and exploded to avoid wasting time playing on maps they didn't need.

No videogame should cause this kind of personal hell and frustration to its players-not even flying in the darkest corners of EVE Online, and that's really saying something.

I tend to be an all-range fighter; flexible, versatile, and mobile. Furthermore, I don't ever freakin' give up. Ever since the Victors Challenge, I have done my utmost to complete each challenge offered to the highest tier-perhaps for my own sake...That being said, I utilized my Timber Wolf Prime and Sierra variant and went in close, as well as my Warhawk-C. Likewise, I partnered up with my unit and allied units in order to improve our chances of winning matches, dealing damage, and keeping each other alive.

I hope I never see a tournament again which relies upon the specific map to have people qualify for prizes UNLESS players get control over the map selection much like they have control over server and game type selection. But that would cause delays in match time, so I suspect I will never see such a feature.

I have about as much of a chance seeing a snap-to-rear-facing camera than I have of seeing a map selection feature.

Edited by Commander A9, 21 September 2015 - 11:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users