• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Underdark

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostAno, on 22 September 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

I have a feeling I'm turning into 'that guy' but I have to ask:

Does the absence of any kind of note relating to the mech select screen, and specifically the persistence of expanded/collapsed elements, mean that these 'known issues' from previous patches have been quietly moved to the 'we're not going to fix this' pile?

oh my , you might be right there ...

#42 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:37 AM

No re-balancing this time ??

That sounds not good !!

So I have to fight those 8 Lasers Ebons and 12 Lasers Stormcrows for another 2 weeks.

Sad, sad, sad...

Maybe I should stop playing for this 2 weeks...

#43 S k o c h t a p e

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

That's great! But, I really hope you guys can get on Color Blind Mode ASAP. It's so hard for some of my friends to play, and I really want them to get the full experience out of the game.

#44 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostSkochtape25354, on 22 September 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

That's great! But, I really hope you guys can get on Color Blind Mode ASAP. It's so hard for some of my friends to play, and I really want them to get the full experience out of the game.

Isn't it mainly the targeting cursor & box that's the issue? you'd think they would give us a few custom HUD options

#45 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

Wish I could see tier in forums. I won't be able to look in the client for many hours.

#46 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

It would be nice to memorize and restore a state of panels.

#47 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

I am not too happy, with the color of the new panels.. because, sometimes it is a bit hard to see them.. for me...

But, least, I know now for sure, that I am still sitting in the wrong Tier...

#48 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Well PGI... You've partially restored my hope!

The panels on the home menu... Wish that the game would remember that I don't want that stuff in my face all the time. I keep minimizing it.

I like the additional info and ability to rotate my Battlemechs from the main screen.

I am inspired by your tutorial. Now if we can just get a campaign similar in quality! Maybe add some more cut-scenes, develop the AI to shoot at us, maybe develop a plot? The voice acting worked pretty well, and I have to say that I felt immersed!
- The only negative to your tutorial: It doesn't reset key-bindings, but it does reset controls like throttle decay (something I despise). Please fix this. Also, your F1 quick sheet does not dynamically reflect changes made to the keybindings... So it is totally worthless to people to reset their controls. It was a neat idea, and I like the HUD explanations when you hit esc.

You've restored some of my hope for this project, please don't disappoint.

#49 KillaBeez1972

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCologne

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 September 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

• Tutorial: If the player unbinds the Power-Up/Down button and enters the Basic Tutorial, they will get stuck in-game and must force-quit the client.

There is one more.
If the players unbind Armlock button and enters Basic Tutorial, they will get stuck too.
It must be on the left Shift button.
I had Cockpit view on left Shift button and couldn't move on.

Will this be changed with a later patch or hotfix?
I mean, that the game completely uses player button settings in Tutorial Missions?
Cause i'm a left-hander and changed most of the button settings.
Movement for example is E,R,T,F.

Edit: Sorry made a mistake.
There are 2 buttons for armlock. 1is for toggle.
Used wrong button lol

Edited by KillaBeez1972, 22 September 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#50 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:26 PM

Just did the first part of the tutorial. Going to be fun and also starting to see if someone would start this game... that they will have some good cash to start the game... not to mention the cadet bonuses. Definitely sucks older players in for a few millions cbills.

#51 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

Nice tutorial. Please add sounds to drop-ship in intro and perhaps effects to the trainer. That will set the mood better.

Next. pr O gressing Canida. pr gressing/ p ra gressing Merica.

Very nice lessons. But the other letters could use prizes and tutorials.

Thanks for the C bills and with the new pilot bonus new babies can buy good mechs. Or a set of lights. Nice.

#52 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

Love the tutorial. Really well done and the addition of the shooting range and gauntlet mode should prove useful for less experienced players. Also added information on the home screen is nice AND THE ABILITY TO TURN THE MECH MODEL! (sorry, hyped). PSR information had some surprising results and the BK looks better than I expected even though people seem to be disappointed because its not OP (still seems like a cool mech imo).

Justed wanted to leave this here after all the rather negative feedback for the event.

#53 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

Some of the completion conditions for the 'mechwarrior academy are not triggerable if you've remapped your controls. Eg -
Battlefield Training, Target practice, alpha strike kill
seems particularly bad.

Also, don't have Captain Adams say 'game', it's bad for the immersion.

Edit:

1- Go into the main academy area.
2 - Head-cap a 'Mech.
3 - Walk under it before it re-spawns. Repeat.
4 - Begin your life as a 'Mech totem pole.

Edited by no one, 22 September 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#54 Alex Novian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenburg, Taurian Concordat

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:38 PM

Is it just me or is the I.S. Uac5 velocity a bit off, seems like I'm shooting spitwads compared to Yesterday.

#55 Zainko Skord

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

Um is the tier set up 5 being you suck to 1 being your top pilot???

#56 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

Constant stock Urbanmech piloting got me in to tier 4. I met Matt Newman there today. :D

#57 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

Well, overall a nice patch with lots of valuable changes and additions. But i have a strange feeling about an probably increased number of roflstomps? 2 in 18 matches today could have been called close or exciting (pug/solo). And i got to get used to the Tier progression arrow. It's like a thumbs Up/Equal/Down post- match, right? Nothing against knowing about wich way it goes, appreciated. But to get the red arrow though you played a decent match individually (top Score/dmg/k) is something i have a little problem with. It's kinda paradox if you don't know the formula behind it. They could make a little bit more clear what happens.
Said 18 matches, 6x +, 3x =, 9x -. Kinda sad being stuck in a lowTier, obviously taking forever to get out :-)

Edited by zzoxx, 23 September 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#58 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 21 September 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Mech-scale Flamers (the ones we have, sans fuel) are essentially venting engine plasma onto the target, no? They should wreak havok on anything they touch, but they're worse than a feather duster right now.

Mech-scale MGs are a lot closer to modern 20mm cannons or whatever than they are to a modern .50 cal MG. Combine that with the fact that they're generally rotary guns with absurd rates of fire and they should be shredding armor. An MG ought to be matching the damage output of an AC2, but they're currently only pushing about a quarter of the DPS.

Plasma is not as dangerous as you might think. In fact it is used to even treat surfaces to make them more adhesive or kill microorganisms without damaging the material. And we are talking about plastic material here. Normal atmosphere is way to cold for plasma and is colappses instantly. Talk to the guys trying to build a real fusion reactor, they have a hard time creating a stable plasma.

And when it comes to machine guns, they are just that large calliber machine guns. And looking at my TRO3025 and TRO3050 most of them are single barrel guns or so small that you don't even see them. If you refer to some of the BLOG comic art style or dark age stuff you may find some multi barrel machine guns. But that is just as nonesense als multi barrel ultra autocannons, they only got a different load mechanism. What you are talking about are rotary autocannons, but those don't weight 0.5 tons.

So there is a reason why those small caliber weapons exsist - its called infantry and soft targets. As those do not exsist in MWO yet the only good use of machine guns and flamers is to generate crit hits on opened locations.

#59 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

The UI is getting better. I love it keep the good work!

#60 phatbhuda

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

What is the aversion to not show us the exact numbers we go up and down in player skill rating instead of just a Tier and up/down/staid the same after matches?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users