5 replies to this topic

#1 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

Hey there.

I recently decided to do the Academy to see what's new since the PTS.

However, it appears as if it's more broken than last time, somehow.

Now, when Captain Adams is discussing weapons/weapon grouping, he asks to have me unlock my arms and fire.

When I first started it up, I had it unbound. I re-bound it to g, and tried that. He didn't move forward with the tutorial. So, I bound it to the original (left shift) and tried that, still nothing.

Ran the repair tool and restarted my game, yet the tutorial constantly says it's unbound, and won't recognize when I have the arms unlocked and fire, so I can never go past this point in the tutorial.

Real annoying.

:/

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

EDIT: Turns out I had bound "Arm lock toggle" and not "Arm lock".

#3 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:58 PM

I had the same problem, except that I tried binding both and neither worked. What I ended up having to do was reset the controls to defaults. Pretty annoying since I have a pretty specific set of controls and settings and the game only lets you reset everything, not just controls. I'm also pretty sure I missed some of the keys I had set before when I tried to redo it. It seems like several things in that part of the tutorial only recognized the default key instead of the key you set, and if you'd changed it, it didn't work. Setting it back to the default key worked for everything else except arm lock.

Oh and one other strange thing is no matter what I bind that key to it said "unbound" instead of giving a key. When you get the messages in between matches giving tips it says unbound there as well.

Edited by Anachronda, 23 September 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#4 grumhelden

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:38 AM

I had not played since Beta, came back to see if it was better, hit this wall and walked away.

#5 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:14 AM

View Postgrumhelden, on 11 December 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

I had not played since Beta, came back to see if it was better, hit this wall and walked away.

Hmm, eventually you should open your eyes to see where you are going?

#6 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

The flowgraph doesn't get a notification when keys are rebound, so the menus aren't re-initialized thus they show the old bindings.

Should have had an achievement for successfully re-binding keys - it appears to be more complicated than I assumed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users