#1 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:05 PM

I've got my VI, and I have no need to face off with Tier IIs: Can't I just shut off the treadmill?

#2 Rosscoe

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCrazy Canuck Land!

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

On a slow day you will face teir II/I's regardless.

#3 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

Are you asking for the Matchmaker to make a special exception for you so you never have to play against people that have a higher PSR than you? Or are you asking to be put in a special category of PSR that treats you as whatever PSR is needed to let a match start quickly?

'Cause if you are asking for the first, I'm pretty sure every Tier 5-3 player would just love to have the same special exception for them as well... Mind you then the wait time for matches would turn into days of waiting, as the matchmaker looked for 24 players with the same Tier 4.whatever-decimal PSR.

And if you are asking for the second, I'm pretty sure every Tier 2-1 player would also love to have the same special exception. This option at least would have a faster Matchmaker, as all the highly skilled but opted out players now get to play against mostly tier 4-3 players with Matchmaker now not having to worry about well... Matchmaking.

#4 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Make it that I will be the only one man out of 24 in a match who hasn't installed MWO 5 minutes ago :lol:

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostGoose, on 28 September 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

I've got my VI, and I have no need to face off with Tier IIs: Can't I just shut off the treadmill?

You sure can! Just do private matches. You can choose your teammates and choose your enemies. Just have to have two people with Premium Time. Boom! Problem solved.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 08 October 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#6 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:38 AM

Gentlemen, please understand..

PSR Tier rating is not a realistic measurement of skill..

Its a measurement of luck..

it depends mostly on number of matches played, not actuall player skill...

if you've been playing for a long time, you have greatly grown as a player, and are probably alot more skillfull than the first month or so that you played the game... yet, that first few months in which you had your rear-torso handed to you on a regular basis puts you in a lower tier than your actuall CURRENT skill would..

So just stop worrying about it.

PSR DOES NOT MATTER..

#7 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

I dont think having a mastered mech with modules and alot of experience in the newbie pool is fair. Do you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users