Looking For Unit

8 replies to this topic

#1 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:10 AM

I and one more dude are playing from open beta, now looking for unit for CW drops on FRR side.

Generally i would just go to one of "recruiting" topics, but there is one problem: we play occasionally, and don't use teamspeak (still use in-game voice and/or chat and try to play in team). Therefor i don't want to join some serious business unit with scheduled trainings and all this.

So, if any unit here is interested in 2 more pilots (both playing from 2013), leave a post here or massage me.

#2 Lord Creston

• PipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

I know you say you don't use team speak but I think your best shot at finding a unit in FRR is to hop on the the FRR hub team speak and just drop with one of the many units there. There is a very large crowd of casual players and it's a pretty friendly place to find a group even if you don't have a unit. It will take you less than 10 minutes to setup team speak and even if you mute your mic you are going to have guaranteed chances of grouping up with other units. Then after you run with a few different groups it will likely be apparent which group is right for you and you won't have much trouble getting an invite from one of several active units on the hub.
Long story short, hop on the hub and you'll find plenty of friendly casuals to group up with for CW whether or not you join a unit.

#3 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:06 AM

View PostLord Creston, on 03 October 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

hop on the the FRR hub team speak

Thanks, will get a microphone and try it out next time, I guess there's no way around

#4 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostZigmund Freud, on 07 October 2015 - 06:06 AM, said:

Thanks, will get a microphone and try it out next time, I guess there's no way around

that might not be entirely true depending on what you want

its nice to have, but
if you're looking for more casual, than most groups won't mind if you only listen in, you can text in TS
it's not like you're completely "speechless" without a mic

and besides just BS's and having fun there's actually not that much tactical comms going on as one might think
that's more a thing for 12 mans and going against pro units

#5 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:22 AM

Get on the hub and play with us. You don't need a Mic or unit, just use chat and tag along.

#6 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:00 PM

I want to back up Lord Creston here: I am of the firm opinion that the best aspects of MWO begin to occur for you after you get on team speak and start interacting with the other players.

CW works best when you can get 12 man drops, and the best feature of the FRR as a faction is our ability to form 12 man groups on the fly and get those battles up and running quick quick. Teamspeak and the FRR Hub plays a central role in that coordination, as it pretty much does everywhere CW is played.

Besides, a pick up group of FRR pugs in a 12 man using teamspeak gains a 90% improved chance of victory over almost any 12 man group not coordinating on teamspeak, simply because the FRR pugs move together in the same direction as a group... at least for the most part:)

#7 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

Zigmund Freud before you just listen too everyone here, let me inform you about TS before you do. If your comp. isnt a good comp. then i wouldnt consider it. TS uses a higher amount of your comps resources and power too the point it can effect your FPS in the game. So do your self a favor stand your ground, have a headset and use voip, its alot easier.

#8 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

View Postjjyn, on 02 November 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

Zigmund Freud before you just listen too everyone here, let me inform you about TS before you do. If your comp. isnt a good comp. then i wouldnt consider it. TS uses a higher amount of your comps resources and power too the point it can effect your FPS in the game. So do your self a favor stand your ground, have a headset and use voip, its alot easier.

lol

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

View Postjjyn, on 02 November 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

I often play below 30fps, and I'm on a laptop for the last three years. As long as you can hit about 30 frames avg with all low settings, you should be good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users