#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 22 October 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

DEAR GOD I ******* LOVE YOU BILL. I'M GOING TO BUY YOU A REFRIGERATOR BOX.

#42 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 22 October 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

Ethylic coma is a better way to go than most death but it's still, do we have to?

I already don't have a liver anymore. This will be interesting. I think I'll be black out drunk by the 10 minute mark.

View PostDeathlike, on 22 October 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

YASSSSS

#43 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

I...err...wat?

#44 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:58 PM

Jesus christ Bill, don't change.

Holy ****, I almost forgot about these.

Edited by Sigilum Sanctum, 22 October 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#45 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

Bill describes precisely why I don't give a **** about town halls. PGI had a good stretch after splitting with IGP but lately a lot of the decisions they are making are incredibly disappointing.

#46 Beerandfuel

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBozeman MT

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

Homeless Bill ... ?

You ******* made my night never thought i would say that
to a homeless male.

lol
lol
lol

#47 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 22 October 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

There's no doubt in my mind that Bill is feeling the disappointment that many people have with the game.

It's like a movie theme where that main character feels the world is messed up and that "all is wrong with the world", while the rest of its citizens don't know any better... kinda like the Matrix.

There might not be a light at the end of the tunnel, but for some... that is all there are holding onto for dear life with possibly misguided hope related to this game and its progress...

It is what it is.

I'd go more with a strip club analogy. Pay top dollar for something that's nice to look at, but not get the experience you really want or were promised. Like Champagne (room) Warfare (CW)

#48 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostFupDup, on 22 October 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

I think it started off pretty good but then it started to lose its patience/focus and try to encompass too many specific random forum ideas.

I guess it could be compared to the "#savemwo" townhall meetings hosted by the Word of Lowtax shortly before this game was declared as "launched."

As far as I can tell he started off by answering the actual posted questions in the recent town hall announcement thread ...

http://mwomercs.com/...t-23rd-6pm-pdt/

... giving what he thought were suitably PGIish answers and from what I can tell he mostly hit the mark. :)

(P.S. I didn't check to see if all of the questions he lists were in the thread but the first dozen or so actually are ...)

#49 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Heh, that was amusing.

Also...Raptor pls.

#50 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

Oh Bill ... You made my week. Thank you for this. :D

#51 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 22 October 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

I...err...wat?

Exactly.

Someone gave me a link to "mock GI Joe tips" and there just happened to be a fridge.

#52 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

By all means, a short thread of this would have been amusing. Why did you have this much time, and why did you spend it writing all this? O_o

#53 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 22 October 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

By all means, a short thread of this would have been amusing. Why did you have this much time, and why did you spend it writing all this? O_o

Because it's Homeless mother-******* Bill. That's why.

Also, I'm sure he was high and getting higher and angrier as the post progressed.

#54 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

ROFLMFAO

#55 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

That was the funniest thing I read on here in awhile. Thanks for that!

#56 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:22 PM

View PostScreech, on 22 October 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

I will give you an "A" for the intense effort you put in this but it really came off as incoherent.

Super incoherent. It was a total stream of consciousness. What makes it super hard to read is that it's jumping back and forth - without notice - between responses as Russ and me just outright ridiculing questions without even trying to answer. It's not my finest work, but it was fun.

View PostWintersdark, on 22 October 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'm 100% behind Russ getting up and answering questions, keeping lines of communication open. The guy is really trying, and he's doing a pretty good job, but as the thread title says:

Garbage in, garbage out.

This guy gets it. I'm ******** on PGI, but I'm also ******** on most of these questions because I think they're bad. And even Russ' bad responses? I likely wouldn't do much different in his position as there likely isn't much more to say. I understand both sides of this story, and as incompetent as I think they are about a lot of things, a lot of the politician answers simply can't be helped.

View PostDeathlike, on 22 October 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

The last time we spoke Bill, I had no idea how much of a bittervet you were (I thought I was pretty bad), but man you're taking it to another level.

Thanks man. Maybe some day you'll drop by and bring your Pretty Baby for some random hilarity. I sure don't mind.

Meh. My opinion of this game and its developers hasn't changed since Open Beta. It's a flat-average developer making a flat-average game with one of my favorite IPs. They do a few things right and that's enough to keep me coming back occasionally, and I've had a lot of good times with this game - granted, mostly because of QQ. But otherwise ****'s pretty depressing. I just don't think any of the people calling the shots know what they're doing or have a good vision.

The bitterness was just my mood, but I could pull out one of these rants anytime anywhere. Nothing personal to PGI but just like Ask the Devs, these town halls are pretty lolsy.

View PostNextGame, on 22 October 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

pls do this every town hall, it will save me from having to pay attention to them

Just re-read this. I guarantee most of the questions will be the same and so will most of the answers. Though I am thinking about shoutcasting the next town hall =P

View PostMechaBattler, on 22 October 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

To be fair. It often feels like we don't get very good answers or very interesting questions. The last one felt more like they were using it to promote the Marauder and Warhammer. Perhaps if we had a better way of selecting questions among the community beyond who gets like and what NGNG crew deem appropriate. Although at the same time. The well has been repeatedly poisoned by madbros who despise the game, but insist on imposing upon the rest of us with their bile.

No one probably remembers, but I'd like to think I was one of the big reasons they got rid of Ask the Devs. For anyone that wasn't around, that's where every two weeks we'd ask a bunch of questions and they'd pick some to answer. They changed the format and did a bunch of ****, but it was always a waste of time, and I always ridiculed it. And then one day it went away. A year and a half later, it's back, and they're calling it town halls, and they're using it to sell ****. Genius ********.

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 22 October 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

DEAR GOD I ******* LOVE YOU BILL. I'M GOING TO BUY YOU A REFRIGERATOR BOX.

Also...

Y U NO ON TS?!

Girl, what TS are we even on these days? The 10 or so times I've hopped on I haven't seen anyone. Been dealing with a lot of RL **** though and feel like I'm pretty much a bummer to be around. Between that and being totally burnt out on this game, I've been totally MIA but I'll be back at some point.

View PostBeerandfuel, on 22 October 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

You ******* made my night never thought i would say that
to a homeless male.

Be sure to leave me a Yelp review. Nothing like getting a lurker to make a post =D

View PostMawai, on 22 October 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

As far as I can tell he started off by answering the actual posted questions in the recent town hall announcement thread ..

Literally every one of those is a real question. All nine pages (when I wrote this, that is).

View PostMauttyKoray, on 22 October 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

It's been a crappy week, I had a couple hours, I like writing, so this happened. No ragrets.

#57 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:48 PM

I honestly gave some canned questions up there because all the real, worthwhile questions just scare Russ into his shell. I'm too jaded at this point to expect any dramatic turnarounds. The whole format of this game is wrong and I'm just going to ride it out until it's over.

Also, I'm sick and tired of announced 'Mechs being completely unappealing to me. It seems like everybody else got something to munch on, what about those of us who want a new, tiny Light? Hence why I persist on the Raptor. Hell, all they had to do was not make the JR7-IIC and instead make it an LCT-IIC. By all rights it should have been an LCT-IIC.

#58 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:06 PM

So much salt...
But i couldn't resist leaving a like ;)

#59 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

so much dumb questions... I wonder why russ still does this kind of ask the devs. Why not just throw the infos at us that you are willing to share, make your super secret announcement that came with every townhall and have some chatter with those 2 clowns about how it's hangin?

Edited by 627, 22 October 2015 - 11:11 PM.

#60 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 22 October 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

Gaze into my crystal ball, and all will be foretold.

You broke the code.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users