Anything New?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:39 AM

I was away for 4 months. Did anything change for the better? Like playable CW or a better IS/Clan Balance?

#2 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

Nope.

#3 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:24 AM

Sad....really sad.
And now i did win a friggin Timberwolf Champion mech. ^^
Never wanted to drive one of those.

#4 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

I've been away for 5 months myself and while CW has not changed much, according to the NOV Roadmap the focus for PGI development is CW3.0.

I did not catch the timeline or list of what will comprise CW3.0, but if memory serves it will include a map reset and a number of very interesting Unit Management as well as the new 4v4 mode.

#5 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

all the stuff they mentioned in the latest townhall which eventually got around to CW 3.0 puts that all happening in another 4-5 months min.

#6 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

Well, i will play some matches and see how long it entertains me until i get upset again. ^^
Maybe the game will get a real second chance from me when CW3.0 is out.

#7 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

Lol....looks like this Game doesn´t want a second chance. Network error whenever i want to log in since today and even the forum nearly don´t work for me. This game is so ...

#8 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

Honestly, I think that 4V4 is really the boost that CW really needed. All folks really had to complain about were the 30-minute wait times between matches and huge necessity to drop as a 12-man group. Even when we had a 12 man, it always felt like one guy had to drop out between each match to go put his kids to bed or eat a meal, so narrowing the scope down to a lance is bound to make things easier by far.
I think all you really need to do to get the unwashed masses to play CW again is to tell them that they can play CW...
Without waiting in cue unable to do anything for 30 minutes
Without getting stomped by a pro 12-man prefab team.

I mean, the Clan border speaks volumes. While I don't think the game balance is that bad, if you dangle even a 1% advantage in front of the "Competitive" teams they will stab their own mother for it. So with all established teams immediately going clan, there's nobody but a few pugs throwing pig **** at a wall and hoping it gets them a free mechbay to defend against them. Allow smaller units, and maybe more "Groups of friends" will be compelled to play CW.

As far as the quality of the game, I play Mechwarrior games because the setting is fantastic. MWO doesn't actually do anything with the setting. Everyone tells me that Single player doesn't make money, and that nobody likes it because it ends... but I put more cash into the HBS Kickstarter for Battletech than I have into MWO for it's entire run, including the money I got a refund for when they didn't pan out on their Promise of giving us CW before the Clan mechs were released.

Edit: Mind blown. A word meaning "Poop" that starts with "T" and rhymes with "Nerd" is apparently blocked.

Edited by ice trey, 06 November 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#9 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:22 AM

Yeah, 4v4 will help a lot.

#10 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

I've been playing ARK and taming Dino's the last 4 months and **** looks like we are CJF for the moment. I hope CW 3.0 makes it worth while. I want to get back into HK and fight for planets in a meaningful way.

#11 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:16 AM

Lol, Crockdaddy. Did the exact same thing. ^^

#12 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 07 November 2015 - 03:22 AM, said:

Yeah, 4v4 will help a lot.

Is that what PGI are working on atm? I mean, in the November Roadmap Russ said that they were concentrating on CW phase 3, but I couldn't find any details whatsoever...

#13 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

In the Town Hall Russ mentioned 4v4 scout mode for CW. There are tiers for scouting which includes Long Tom artillery (AI controlled). Seeing your opponents decks previous to 12v12 matches...

The notes:

https://www.reddit.c...ll_notes_oct27/

Edited by Fractis Zero, 11 November 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#14 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 09 November 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

I've been playing ARK and taming Dino's the last 4 months and **** looks like we are CJF for the moment. I hope CW 3.0 makes it worth while. I want to get back into HK and fight for planets in a meaningful way.

I wish for this as well...

CW Beta 1, The fight were glorious between CSJ and Kurita.

I long for a week long battle over Turtle Bay again....*le sigh*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users