7 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:15 AM

Quirks on the PTS show that this mech will have the -30% jam chance at a total of -20% CD (which makes it spew out UAC shells at 1.0458 seconds with CD module and Elite).

SHD-5M

Can carry 2 UAC/5s and 10 tons of ammo while moving at 64 (a little slower on PTS due to the nerf in speed tweak) but it should just be as fast as the 3x UAC/5 Jagermech.

If you're on defense in CW and you just want to deal with one weapon type (dakka-type) then 2x Jagermech DD 2x Shadowhawk 5M should give you 40 tons of ammo to spew out from high mounts the entire fight. Posted Image

JM6-DD (for reference, 3 UAC5 Jager)

Both variants also have some minor structure quirks that can help with survivability.

Edit:

Adjusted the Shadowhawk 5M Build to have 2 UAC5, 6 tons ammo, 1 JJ and a 250 STD to maximize the damage and maintain some speed. The hit is to the ammo but it's still good enough for around 900 damage.

SHD-5M

Edited by Elizander, 05 December 2015 - 10:16 PM.

#2 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:28 AM

Interesting concept. I haven't played CW, so I have no idea how much ammo you can really need there. If you ruthlessly down-armour that shield arm, you can fit in an STD-225 and 1 JJ for better mobility, while still keeping 8 tons of ammo: SHD-5M

Edited by jss78, 15 November 2015 - 07:29 AM.

#3 DA BAWSS

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:06 AM

I wouldn't try that. In CW I generally use energy-based builds so I can have good firepower without the fear of ammo consumption. 10 tons of ammo for 2 UAC/5s is just rediculous. 4 would be the max I would have on one of my mechs.

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, no way it'll last through a normal match nevertheless a full wave in CW with but four tonnes. Not unless you plan on dying early. I personally run eight myself, but then, I need the room for srm ammo not to mention the lasers as well. Granted, I went with an even smaller engine to fit all that.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 25 November 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#5 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostElizander, on 15 November 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

JM6-DD (for reference, 3 UAC5 Jager)

You can have the same ammo tonnage and a higher engine rating (255) by removing a bit of leg armor and that useless heatsink that is just a filler because of the low engine rating. I would also suggest on reducing back armor to around 6 or even less since you should only be taking frontal damage in that mech anyway.

Would not like my Shadowhawk to go that slow though and would probably sacrifice some ammo to up the rating (150 shots is a lot, even in CW). Same suggestion for armor, way to much back armor.

#6 Alianton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

truth be told, I used to run my 5M with 2AC5 and a couple ML instead

#7 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostBregor Edain, on 25 November 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

You can have the same ammo tonnage and a higher engine rating (255) by removing a bit of leg armor and that useless heatsink that is just a filler because of the low engine rating. I would also suggest on reducing back armor to around 6 or even less since you should only be taking frontal damage in that mech anyway.

Would not like my Shadowhawk to go that slow though and would probably sacrifice some ammo to up the rating (150 shots is a lot, even in CW). Same suggestion for armor, way to much back armor.

Been trying my 5M with one UAC/5 and one AC/5 and an XL engine, seems to do decent, but not that great. As for the back armor, I rarely adjust it on smurfy since people have their own preferences. I usually keep it at 3-8 depending on what I'm playing.

My UAC5 Jager is on a 260 right now but I can move in the 255 that I got from buying the enforcer champion during the sale with the free MC they gave away (bought it for the extra engine). Short on c-bills at the moment, but still planning on completing the deck.

I've gotten very fond of my Gridiron though, been doing very well with it so I'll see what I can squeeze in.

Here's the updated 5M I've been running with UAC5+AC5 SHD-5M

I usually manage to get 500-600 damage on the Jager before I die or run out of ammo though I really am not familiar with CW maps and such yet. Best I can do is around 1500 but maybe it'll improve once I get my 2-3 Jagers going. Right now I'm using a CTF-3D as a ghetto Jager but the low mounts and only having 2 UAC5s is a pain even if it has the -30% jam quirk.

View PostAlianton, on 01 December 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

truth be told, I used to run my 5M with 2AC5 and a couple ML instead

You can replace 1 AC5 with a UAC5 and still use XL. I use a 5 UAC : 3 AC ratio for ammo.

As for the ammo concerns, my drop deck right now is mostly ammo-based (UAC/AC/Gauss). I've had games where it ends and I haven't even dropped in my 4th mech yet and I've yet to be in a game where all my mechs completely ran out of ammo.

Of course the best records I get in CW is only around 1400-1500 damage. Not all that good with the mode yet but it's common enough to get 600 damage off a Jager or Gridiron for me. Having trouble with my CTF 3D and 5M but maybe just needs more practice or tweaking.

#8 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

I've been using a 2H with dual AC5 and a medium laser, and 5M with dual UAC5 (smurfy build here). Both use STD250 engines. Decided to get more Shadow Hawks just before they announced the new quirks, and I feel like I made a good choice Posted Image

Even in some of the bad drops where you feel like you didn't accomplish much, the thing can spew 300+ dmg in a heartbeat and neither mech has ever built up any meaningful heat on me. With 5 tons of ammo, I've run out once or twice but I usually have a half ton or so left at the end. For CW, yeah you might have to drop JJs for more bullets, or just take the 2K for PPC sniping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users