Metagame

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:30 PM

So while I am still against Queue Map & Mode voting, I am thinking there has to be a way to adopt it for Invasion Wave Voting. Specifically:

1 - You may Vote for which planets get Invaded by your Faction.
2 - Each Faction has a limited number of planets it gets to Invade.
3 - Each player may only Vote for 1 planet to start.
4 - Planets with the highest votes up to the Faction number of planets get chosen.

Now number of votes is tricky.
First each Faction should get a number based on number of opposing Factions. This puts starting numbers at:
Steiner - 6
Marik - 3
Liao - 2
Davion - 4
Kurita - 5
Rasalhague - 4
Falcon - 2
Wolf - 4
Bear - 4
Jaguar - 2

Second, those numbers have to be modified.
I thought about adding votes by Faction size but it rewards 3 (Steiner, Davion, Kurita) more than others.
I thought about adding more by Faction population but that would be like the previous Faction bonuses that caused players to go where they got the extra CB & other rewards.
Unless some other method comes along, Falcon & Jaguar would have to get a +2 bonus and Clan votes would have to be modified to keep a roughly even number between them. Claim the bonus is due to having longer borders with IS Factions.
IS votes I don't see as needing modification except if the number of borders changes and something I missed.

Using this voting system, the new algorithm would choose planets from all fronts about 3 or 4 times the number of votes and let players choose which planets get invaded. This allows for some political corruption and strategizing by providing more focus on certain fronts and less on borders with allies. (Where's the evil face smiley? ^_^ )

I am also getting corrupt thoughts about having voting for alliances in game. Currently, I know any IS Faction can defend a world invaded by Clans, I think Clans got the same. Change this to:
1 - Allow voting for who your Faction's allies are.
2 - Alliances are formed based on reaching a certain percentage of votes from players of both Factions combined. If the threshold to make an Alliance is 45%, Liao and Marik can have an Alliance if enough players from both Factions vote it up to 45%.
3 - Every player gets 1 vote.
4 - Only players from Allied Factions can join on a Planetary Defense.
5 - Alliance voting comes up on a schedule but not during every Ceasefire. Say every real time month. Allows for shifting Alliances.

So that's the rough, unperfected ideas.
Reply with your own corrupt thoughts. (Again, I need an evil face smiley! :D )

#2 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:19 AM

I'm pretty sure this will work badly in phase3 and here's why:

1.Voting.
Ok, this is MMO, where you can have numbers of fake accounts to force other factions not attack the planet with your tag on it.
Corrupted as all humanity in general is :ph34r: .

2.Alliances.
This is actually viable, but has one negative effect for current system. It spreads the defending forces into 2-3 different fronts. Do we actually need that spread now? How many planets are being taken every ceasfire (0-2?). It may just shift people to more attacks but it may also lead to ghost drops increase. Dunno.
Again it's totally logical and viable. No corruption here, sorry :)

#3 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:42 PM

Discussed ages ago, each faction should be able to vote during ceasefire. Each unit should have 1 vote. Only loyalists can vote. Simple.

#4 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 18 November 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Discussed ages ago, each faction should be able to vote during ceasefire. Each unit should have 1 vote. Only loyalists can vote. Simple.

I'm sure there's no way to game this system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users