Game Fails To Respond Or Boot

10 replies to this topic

#1 ClannerJake

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:47 PM

the game stops responding randomly and termination of the application results in the game failing to start until you restart windows. is there some shadow app running on my system? the repair tool even fails to finish operations after i encounter this issue, it says "waiting for thread to finish", this is nonsense to me. so i'd appreciate some help, i've tried all the suggestions i know of, seems like a coding failure to me.

#2 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

Been having the same issue today on a fresh computer and mwo install... Will update if I find any fixes.

#3 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

It appears that installing directx_Jun2010_redist_DX9.0c.exe a second time has fixed this for me.

Scratch that MWO locked up as soon as I posted.

Edited by Electron Junkie, 22 November 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#4 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

Looks like I managed to install the Beta Catalyst drivers on my complete reinstall... Rolled back to 15.11.1 and have been crash free since.

Edit: Starting to think it this game now hates me... Posted and MWO locked up again.

Edit: Edit: I will say the "You must wait before joining a match" is annoying as piss seeing as this problem only effects this game. Moved on to manufacturer specific drivers... crossing fingers.

Edited by Electron Junkie, 22 November 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#5 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:02 AM

After a complete reinstall of Win7Ult, fully patching it, installing the manufacturer drivers for my video card all seems to be well again with the universe. Now on to slowly installing other apps to see if it screws up my MWO install.

#6 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:48 AM

Looks like Avast Antivirus is still the culprit. Disabled I can game all day. Enables MWO locks up by the third match every time. The is with hardware virtualization disabled as well.

#7 ClannerJake

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostElectron Junkie, on 25 November 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Looks like Avast Antivirus is still the culprit.

not for me, it locked up and i disabled avast and it will not boot. it runs fine fore 3-4 match's or more, it seems random, it locks up on exiting a match every time too. i have no issues getting into a match, but if i wait for a match to end and exit that way i get a locked loading screen eventually. i could update my drivers, but i dunno why a lockup at match exit would make the game fail to load every time after i kill the process. even the repair tool fails to complete a run and locks up, it's very odd.

#8 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

Well 100% sure it is Avast for me. After a few days of disabling Avast, MWO runs just fine. First test playing with it back on and I locked at loading map screen on my third match.

It annoying as all hell as I have to reboot my computer to get the launcher working again properly.

#9 Dark Bard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 571 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostElectron Junkie, on 28 November 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Well 100% sure it is Avast for me. After a few days of disabling Avast, MWO runs just fine. First test playing with it back on and I locked at loading map screen on my third match.

It annoying as all hell as I have to reboot my computer to get the launcher working again properly.

adding game in avast exception list solve the problem?

#10 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

No, that was the first thing I tried (both the MWO and Patch directories) as well as disabling hardware virtualization (which is what used to work).

There is something in the way Avast hooks into the MWO process as even after MWO crashes and is unable to restart I can still play other games, which is usually what happens now.

#11 ClannerJake

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

well, i've tracked it to loading the mechlab for me. yesterday, fresh boot and it locked up for the first time after logging in, the day before it ran 10 matches until i quit from getting teams with drops or afk pilots loosing match after match in a row. i've had mechlab load issues before and now it seems to be the case again; what really confuses me is that when it locks up, it wont even go threw the title sequence and present the login screen, soon as the exe comes up, it gets to 47mb loaded and locks up every time and even the repair tool locks up and fails to complete the last thread it says so i'm wondering why would it load multiple times in a row but on a lockup fail to load unless i reload windows. something must be running in the background i can't find. i turned off avast, i still get the error and i can't report it. so. i'm stuck locked out unless i reboot every hour or less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users