7 replies to this topic

#1 Ironrooster

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

Hi,

I am running a machine with a fresh install of Win. 10 64 bit (not and upgrade). On 11/22/2015 I started up MWO and when I clicked play I got the "Failed to Initialize" error. tried all the workarounds suggested from when people were getting that error after certain Win. 7 updates (C++ reinstall, .Net install, MWO repair tool, etc.).

Restoring back to the automatic restore point on 11/21/2015 resolved the problem. Last night the game was working. At lunch today I started getting the same error again. I just restored to 11/22 (just prior to my last reinstall of MWO) and am still getting failed to initialize. I uninstalled Team-speak and my Logitech gaming mouse software to be sure and since this is a clean build (reinstalled everything about 1 week ago). Geforce drivers also up to date.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

I am going to restore back to 11/21. I will let y'all know if that gets me running again, but I assume I have some automatic update causing this.

Thanks!

#2 Ironrooster

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

Just took it back to 11/21 and it is working again. Still would like to know what update is causing MWO to fail.

#3 Nippon

• PipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMagdebursch

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

Hi,
i have the same issue. The game only starts when i delete all personal settings (all options in the MWO repair Tool are selected).
But even when it starts all textures of buildings and mechs are gone. Also in the mechlab no textures are showed.(@ screenshot)
The repair tool says that everything is alright.

Posted Image

My PC: Win10 (64bit) - 8GB RAM - Xeon E3-1230v3 - AMD HD7770 (newest driver)

Regards,
Nippon

#4 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Windows 10 is still full of bugs. Stick with Windows 7. Wait until July to install if you really want Windows 10.

#5 Nippon

• PipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMagdebursch

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:53 AM

"You shall not pass" Win10!

I'm returning to Win7 today... -_-

#6 Fulgar

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

Any thoughts?

I just got a brand new laptop for Christmas and it worked fine for 2 days and now I am getting the same thing......Failed to initialize.

Apparently, I can revert to Windows 7 even though I have a fresh Windows 10 install on this laptop.

Thanks,
Fulgar

#7 Taikaesine

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

This sounds similar to an issue I have had, does this happen after changing the graphics settings? I found that if I have DX9 selected (the default i think) when I change my graphics settings (mainly resolution and fullscreen options) the error will occur and I can not get into the game until I have deleted my settings. Changing to DX11 and saving before changing my resolution settings resolved the issue (after a re-install and 2 additional hours of troubleshooting). I am on windows 10, but I vaguely remember it happening a couple of years ago before I took a break and while I was using windows 7. Hope this helps.

TLDR, if it happens after changing graphics settings, change to DX11 and save before doing anything else.

Edited by Taikaesine, 28 December 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#8 Fulgar

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:57 PM

Taikaesine,

Great advice, it was the DX11. I had changed it and I was able to switch from 64 to 32 and get into the game to change it.

Thank you!
Fulgar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users