Multi Voting Trolls Need To Stop

7 replies to this topic

#1 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

I've noticed now that when you go into public games you now get to vote well I propose that either you have only ONE vote or one chance to change it because people who constantly change their vote or change it at the last minute are annoying me. PICK something and stay with it don't change your mind.

#2 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:13 AM

Simple solution.

Remove this **** voting system. Problem solved.

You're welcome.

#3 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:07 AM

Voting needs to go! Thats it :)

#4 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:42 AM

I agree it needs to go or give people one chance to change their vote or ONE vote.

#5 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:10 AM

I'm thinking simply removing the option of changing your vote, once you cast it wont fix anything..

People change votes at the last second to beat a majority vote on a map they don't like, or to farm vote weight.

If they could not change the vote, they would all simply wait for the last few seconds to cast it.. achieving the same result.

Vote Trolling is a thing..

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:56 AM

it would still prevent them from jumping back and forth and causing the graphics to go crazy.

#7 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:06 AM

I am kinda torn on this one. I find the vote screen not the badest thing. But I observed the immensly erratic number changing up to the last second trying to influence the outcome. To be honest the possibility made me switching too. And who would not love a snow map for his ever-overheating laserboat config? I came to the impression, comparing my experience before and after, that the voting screen brought me less into maps where my selection of my mech would run completely agains the map (camo, long range config on a confined city map etc.). And I like the impact rising on votes if it went against you multiple times. But I agree with the slight change that you have one vote per round. Period. Perhaps with a double click confirmation so that you can't "mis-click". And that maybe you would not see the percentages before you voted. Just a suggestion. So, not all bad by my opinion but with lots of room for improvement.

#8 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:40 AM

As one who changes his vote himself sometimes. This is a situation where you really want a specific game mode (conquest for example, when only Assault and Sirmish are voteable) but want to effect my own vote for the next round where Conquest may be an option.

That way I change my vote to the lower percentage selection so as to have more weighting later on so that I have a better chance of actually playing the game mode I want to play at some point while simultaneously allowing the players in the current match to get their wish. You can see that as a sort of current vote abstention in favour of a later vote.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users