No More Conquest

26 replies to this topic

#1 Jak Cato

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

I never played conquest, mainly because is sucks and has very little reward to it. I always blocked it. and now I having to waste my time playing it. maybe its time to find a new game. the other two modes are great, except when there are to many cap warriors present and with their limited skill all they can do is cap. but that's still preferable conquest. my new rule if I get conquest more then twice in four season I stop playing. only dc'd once but that's looking better every conquest I have to put up with. bring the game block mode back. please I would hate to have to find another game I like as well as I like this one.

#2 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

Jak it is skirmishers like you who do not grasp the concept of swift capping wins that will net you more in the long term than drawing out a single fight will that kill me. Maybe it's the years of playing mmos that's taught me more matches faster is better than longer fewer, but the mode with no value is skirmish. No objectives in a game franchise BUILT ON OBJECTIVE PLAY is a farce. MechWarrior stems from battle tech which was or rather is an objective turn based ttrpg. So skirmish is the mode that HAS to go if that's the road you want to travel.

#3 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 26 November 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

... So skirmish is the mode that HAS to go if that's the road you want to travel.

He never said that conquest should be removed, only that he doesn't want to play it.

#4 Lord Auriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:27 PM

what are you trying to achieve with your egotistical rant? It's not coming back so you either deal with it or leave the game. The last thing we need is someone who just wm1-suicides because he "has to play" conquest.Thx for ruining the game for others!

#5 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:06 AM

View PostLord Auriel, on 26 November 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

what are you trying to achieve with your egotistical rant? It's not coming back so you either deal with it or leave the game. The last thing we need is someone who just wm1-suicides because he "has to play" conquest.Thx for ruining the game for others!

Well, I would not find it egoistical being angry about having choice taken away from you disguised by some "but we give you more choice" Bulls.... system.

I for example have to withstand the temptation to disconnect every time I have to play the 3rd Skirmish or Assault in a row....

So while I do not share his game mode preferences, I agree with his demand for bringing back the old game mode preselect 100%

#6 Cpt Zippo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGiessen

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:19 AM

View Postgrayson marik, on 27 November 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

I for example have to withstand the temptation to disconnect every time I have to play the 3rd Skirmish or Assault in a row....

So while I do not share his game mode preferences, I agree with his demand for bringing back the old game mode preselect 100%

+1

#7 Mustang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMargaritaville , Al

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:57 AM

Hes only asking that we be given our freedom of choice , FREEDOM OF CHOICE

#8 Lord Auriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:13 AM

well they removed the freedom of choice and replaced it by the freedom to vote :)

You can vote, but your vote probably won't change the outcome XD

murrca!

#9 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:13 AM

Mode "value" is subjective because every player's preferences are different. This isn't really about which mode is "better", but the fact that people are being forced to play them all and punished if they don't.

"Thx for ruining the game for others!"

It's not the OP's fault. It's PGI who did that.

#10 Barfing Gopher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

Wish I was you OP, I actually like conquest, hate playing murderball peekaboo, but now all I play is skirmish/assault.

#11 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:39 PM

ironwithin the title of this very thread indicates his desire for conquest to be removed. aside from that, there is some serious screwed up thought at PGI if they think what we have now works. It does not. we want our freedom of choice back.

#12 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:44 PM

How nice of PGI to throw people who don't play the game mode, nor respect that game mode, in order to crank out faster matches for those who give no ***** for the game mode they play...essentially turning all of the modes into the one that is played the most.

BUT...maybe they'll make another game mode...maybe it won't be played like all of the others currently are.

Good luck.

#13 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 27 November 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

ironwithin the title of this very thread indicates his desire for conquest to be removed. ...

Even the title only implies that he doesn't want to PLAY conquest. You're bringing your own prejudices to the interpretation.
There's no indication the OP wants any game mode removed based on what he wrote so far. He only wants his choice back, just like you.

Nothing like a bit of morning-semantics to keep the mind limber. :D

Back on topic: BOOOH VOTING, BOOOH PGI ! (no sarcasm)

#14 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:45 PM

Conquest is the most fun, most dynamic mode in MWO. Skirmish routinely devolves into NASCAR, and assault is often a boring camp fest.

View PostJak Cato, on 26 November 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

I never played conquest, mainly because I suck

FTFY

#15 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostModo44, on 27 November 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

Conquest is the most fun, most dynamic mode in MWO. Skirmish routinely devolves into NASCAR, and assault is often a boring camp fest.

FTFY

Whatever mode one thinks is best, the overall point is that people have lost the ability to lock themselves into the mode or modes they prefer. Effectively, people have lost actual choice for illusory 'choice'.

#16 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:47 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 26 November 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Jak it is skirmishers like you who do not grasp the concept of swift capping wins that will net you more in the long term than drawing out a single fight will that kill me. Maybe it's the years of playing mmos that's taught me more matches faster is better than longer fewer...

There's an aspect to this which I don't get.

What's the 'more' that I get in matches where the whole team base rushes/cap rushes and it's over in 3 mins? More Cbills? More time watching the "searching for match" animation?

I'm playing the game to play the game, not to optimise my Cbill income.

There's nothing wrong with having a preference for pure deathmatch or more objective-based game modes, but I really don't see anything persuasive in the argument "X mode is better, you finish faster".

#17 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:53 AM

I've played 10 games today - only 2 times Conquest !

So the percentage of Conquest games is small. Most people want to play Skirmish, and that by far the most played game mode !
I dont care about the game mode. I have fun in any mode.

#18 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:59 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 28 November 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

I've played 10 games today - only 2 times Conquest !

So the percentage of Conquest games is small. Most people want to play Skirmish, and that by far the most played game mode !
I dont care about the game mode. I have fun in any mode.

Grats. Other people, however, do not. But thanks for supporting those who do force people to play modes they do not wish to play. Maybe PGI will design a mode you do not wish to play but will force you to play it anyway. Then maybe you will understand.

#19 Jalen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

And once again, people can't seem to comprehend the simple fact that the mode choice split the players into three smaller groups and now we're all in one group. Faster matchmaking is the intended result, not taking away your choice, and it has worked.

Skirmish never should have been put in the game. Simple as that.

Conquest is not hard. If you lose to capping you lose twice; once because you ignored the dirt simple objective to win, and second because you didn't kill all of the enemy. There's still plenty of skirmish in conquest to sate your inability to follow objectives.

Assault is not hard. Defend your base. The enemy will eventually come, so set up a good defense and wait. You don't have to bother capping, you just have to be patient and not run after every red dorito you see.

It's the people who enjoy assault and conquest modes, where there is an objective and point to the battle, who get screwed by players who just want to shoot things. Skirmish in available in every mode, but objectives are not available in skirmish mode.

With the voting system it's still skirmish mode 80% of the time. You get the majority of the mode you want, you ignore the objectives in the other modes and just play skirmish anyway, so stop being selfish and greedy and just shut up and play it. You didn't have the choice before they put the mode selection in, so if they never would've put that in you wouldn't be whining about someone taking away your choices. Meanwhile you're completely content with taking away everyone else's choices by forcing every match into skirmish.

I have zero sympathy for selfish, greedy hypocrites who are only concerned with what they want. News flash kiddos, the universe doesn't revolve around you and what you want.

#20 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostAno, on 28 November 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

There's an aspect to this which I don't get.

What's the 'more' that I get in matches where the whole team base rushes/cap rushes and it's over in 3 mins? More Cbills? More time watching the "searching for match" animation?

I'm playing the game to play the game, not to optimise my Cbill income.

There's nothing wrong with having a preference for pure deathmatch or more objective-based game modes, but I really don't see anything persuasive in the argument "X mode is better, you finish faster".

For me I dislike, no HATE skirmish more that I hate the Republican Party and my own father is a republican and I hate him. That should make it clear how much I hate skirmish. Being forced into skirmish time and time and time again is less enjoyable than letting a freight train run me down. I want my freedom to choose back! I want to never play skirmish! I want to go after objectives! Skirmish is none of this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users