Raptor Software With New Crimson Drivers Suck!

10 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:31 PM

So I updated to the new Crimson drivers for my XFX 7970 3gb DD for Windows 10 64bit.

I got dropped out and crashed all yesterday trying to play CW. I uninstalled the Raptor software, and problem is solved. So frustrating!

I was getting a crash error report...memory or some $hit. Lost my hud...fighting blind every other mech in my drop deck. Power down didn't help... omg!!!

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 27 November 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#2 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

Yea

Raptor is sh*t

Geforce experience is sh*t

It is unfortunate this garbage is packaged with drivers. There is a checkbox during install to skip it though.
But ya, I feel ya man

#3 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostcSand, on 27 November 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

Yea

Raptor is sh*t

Geforce experience is sh*t

It is unfortunate this garbage is packaged with drivers. There is a checkbox during install to skip it though.
But ya, I feel ya man

Yeah, normally I don't install Raptor.... new drivers have some new features with raptor and I thought I would try them. THEY SUCK! I just now finished all my points under my IS account. Should of been done yesterday, but with crashes took way longer. Oh well..... all good now. lol

Ha ha... I almost pulled the trigger on a new Graphics card on the egg. lol.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 27 November 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#4 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:43 PM

I haven't had any problems for over a year with Raptor and a 7950, even after upgrade to Windows 10. Be aware that the hardware get a bit hotter using the video compression, so you will need to relax your overclock settings a bit.

#5 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostXenon Codex, on 27 November 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

I haven't had any problems for over a year with Raptor and a 7950, even after upgrade to Windows 10. Be aware that the hardware get a bit hotter using the video compression, so you will need to relax your overclock settings a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is the first thing I tried once I got crashes. That wasn't it on my rig. Something was jacked with the Raptor software. Temps also not the issue with my rig... watercooled and and very good air flow.

Do you run fraps or any other kind of software with Raptor?

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 28 November 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#6 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

This is an interesting topic. I was going to install Raptor when I updated my drivers (I'm using a R9 270X) but decided against it like usual. Sounds like I might have made the right choice. Are any of you guys getting that flashing bug during the voting screen and on conquest?

#7 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 28 November 2015 - 04:03 AM, said:

There's an xbox app in win10, with a "game dvr" feature. Someone on this forum posted something about it turning on with a recent update and causing trouble.

#8 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostLusankya, on 28 November 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

This is an interesting topic. I was going to install Raptor when I updated my drivers (I'm using a R9 270X) but decided against it like usual. Sounds like I might have made the right choice. Are any of you guys getting that flashing bug during the voting screen and on conquest?

Yeah the progress bars on the caps are flickering for me. Does anyone know wehere one could download the driver previous to crimson?

#9 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 28 November 2015 - 04:03 AM, said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is the first thing I tried once I got crashes. That wasn't it on my rig. Something was jacked with the Raptor software. Temps also not the issue with my rig... watercooled and and very good air flow.

No other recording or overlay software, just some stuff like Logitech's utility (G13 and G700) and ASRock's F-Stream utility for CPU overclocking and fan control. I did go through the full uninstall-reboot-install-reboot process, which I normally don't do.

#10 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:11 AM

Newsflash.
Raptor has always sucked. :P

Edited by DV McKenna, 30 November 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#11 THE ERASER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:20 AM

Just to inform all you guy's who have installed the new Crimson Drivers, check out this Monday (11.30.2015) for a Hot fix of the driver.

It seems some Card's are having problems with the Fan Control that isn't adjusting the Fan's RPM to the GPU load and causes to throttle back the GPU/RAM Clock of your Card, so to prevent overheating.

AMD/ATI announced this over twitter yesterday or so after some User reports.

Twitter: -> https://twitter.com/...058196547706880

Edited by THE ERASER, 30 November 2015 - 01:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users