There Is An Update Available. Please Shutdown And Run The Patcher

7 replies to this topic

#1 Farnsworthiness

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:53 PM

After patching the game today, I receive the message when attempting to log in: "There is an update available. Please shutdown and run the patcher." This message pops up at the login screen, after attempting enter my user account email and password.

The message pops up despite having run the repair utility. The repair utility has come up wiht zero errors. I've also attempted to reinstall the software, but receive the same message. The message is also provided regardless of what account credentials I enter (valid username or password, etc).

Note that I am running this on Ubuntu Linux using a compatibility layer called Crossover (link to it in my sig). Up to this point, everything has worked well within a Linux environment. I'm not sure if it is a problem with the patch or a problem with Crossover.

I know its an unusual setup and that may be contributing to the error. I'm just trying to narrow down where the problem may be. Please advise on how to proceed.

Thanks!

#2 Farnsworthiness

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:32 PM

It may be excessive, but here is a copy of the patching log for the actual patch.

Spoiler

And here is an example of a log after the patch was applied, and when the error message was thrown:

Spoiler

#3 Brian Windover

Lead Programmer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

Farnsworthiness,

I have linked this issue to our patcher developer to see if he can help you out.

Cheers

#4 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:09 AM

So, to try and narrow down the problem, can you navigate to the game directory and post the contents of your build_info.xml file? It's a small file, and no personal info is stored, so it's safe to copy/paste here.

#5 Farnsworthiness

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:42 PM

Sure thing. Here is the build_info.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Build><BuildNumber>40</BuildNumber><BuildVersion>1.4.40.0</BuildVersion><BuildPlan>STAGE</BuildPlan></Build>

#6 Farnsworthiness

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

...OK, not sure why but when I just tried logging in today it now works.

Thank you for all of the help!

#7 Farnsworthiness

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:37 AM

Interesting. Was playing this morning, right up until the patch was issued. Once the server came back up and I installed the patch, I recevied the same error. My build_info.xml is below.

I've checked my firewall (running a pfsense firewall at the house). I see no blocks on the proxy filter or on snort.

Any ideas?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Build><BuildNumber>44</BuildNumber><BuildVersion>1.4.44.0</BuildVersion><BuildPlan>STAGE</BuildPlan></Build>

#8 Farnsworthiness

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:20 PM

Well, as of 9PM tonight, I can now access the server and log in again. Not sure why. I've attempted multiple repair actions over the last few hours but nothing came of them. I last attempted a login a few hours ago and had no success. Now, a few hours later I can log in and I have made no changes to my system.

Odd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users