55 replies to this topic

#1 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

I have something on my mind that I will express clearly here:

I find it terribly rude to have a unit leader come into a unit that I am in, say: " I need player X, Y , Z to come to my unit because I am making an invicnible unit... ". Twice in one day, no less.

The secret to a good strategist is spreading the talent around so that other players mimick what the so called great pilots are doing. How in hell are new recruits gonna learn if the veterans all get drafted in a ZETA batallion type of unit and all the other ones are GREEN. You do not learn a fragging thing from being stomped.

Now after a full IS faction tour, I come back to FRR for this kind of behavior. It is insulting and unbecoming of the Kungsarme. You don't even see that type of behavior over at MS, and they're filthy mercs.

So is this going to be a common thing now amongst the FRR units: making one top elite unit so those players achieve higher scores, get their rewards faster and make more cash than the other less experienced units ? I would very much like to know as I have not seen this type of behavior anywhere else.

Very upset over this. Thanks for reading.

#2 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:59 AM

DaFrog back in the FRR, I always liked playing with you DaFrog. Now i cant comment on your specific issue as i was not there. I assume you're talking about someone pulling players to form a specific other 12 man group.

Now i do agree with spreading the talent pool arround so that others may learn and also so that each group has a decent chance of winning / success.

The only time i have ever seen what you mention occur is if a group dropped and consecutively engaged a tough 12 man (Kcom, MS, 228) on on a specific planet. Then the intention was to form the best FRR 12 man group possible that could take on and hopefully win against them. Is it possible that with these same groups (especially MS) being in heavy numbers during parts of the day for the battle of Tukkayid that someone wanted to give the best showing against them that the FRR could? Id suggest this is likely as FRR has recently developed the Reserves and they were dropping with everyone, as were many new CW players and groups were formed on first come first serve or unit members.

#3 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:59 AM

Nope. I understand what you are talking about. Someone in charge has a notion that a perfect 12 men will get him first place in the Tukkayyid event. Try Hard Megalomania.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

Well, the question is, what kind of "unit" members did one invited in firstplace if they elave their unit that fats just because someone asked?

View PostAce Selin, on 06 December 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

DaFrog back in the FRR, I always liked playing with you DaFrog. Now i cant comment on your specific issue as i was not there. I assume you're talking about someone pulling players to form a specific other 12 man group.

Now i do agree with spreading the talent pool arround so that others may learn and also so that each group has a decent chance of winning / success.

The only time i have ever seen what you mention occur is if a group dropped and consecutively engaged a tough 12 man (Kcom, MS, 228) on on a specific planet. Then the intention was to form the best FRR 12 man group possible that could take on and hopefully win against them. Is it possible that with these same groups (especially MS) being in heavy numbers during parts of the day for the battle of Tukkayid that someone wanted to give the best showing against them that the FRR could? Id suggest this is likely as FRR has recently developed the Reserves and they were dropping with everyone, as were many new CW players and groups were formed on first come first serve or unit members.

But that would be possible without having them in the own unit, you can make faction wide groups.

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:35 AM

Just spill the beans already. Who are you being so passive-aggressive about? Don't pussyfoot around.

#6 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

The struggles real.

#7 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

There are actually people worth poaching in the FRR?

#8 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostOdins Steed, on 06 December 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

There are actually people worth poaching in the FRR?

Certainly aren't any worth poaching in the Jags

#9 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 06 December 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Certainly aren't any worth poaching in the Jags

#10 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

People misunderstand unit in this case. Unit as in a 12 men created to get dropson a planet, or tuk in this case. I am not talking unit as in MS, 228 or SO, but someone coming down into a different TS room, telling our team ' I want you , you and you up a room so we can create a perfect team '. Inside the same unit.

Some people didn't care when that happened and good for them, but some people did, like me. It is very tactless when a 'commander' comes in a room and say crap like that.

So my question still stands: is it gonna be a general rule from the Kungsarme officials? We will only try to field perfect 12 men teams as opposed to trying to field as many competitive teams as we can ?

#11 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostDaFrog, on 06 December 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Inside the same unit.

Sounds pretty reasonable that people want to play with their own unit mate.

#12 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:56 PM

Guess you should have joined OLD when the offer was there and played for competitive fun instead of a tryhard unit.

#13 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostOdins Steed, on 06 December 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Sounds pretty reasonable that people want to play with their own unit mate.

Well obviously you are not understanding this.
BOTH TEAMS WERE IN THE SAME UNIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Postsycocys, on 06 December 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

Guess you should have joined OLD when the offer was there and played for competitive fun instead of a tryhard unit.

If I want to join OLD, I am sure Veigle will back me up. I am not a turncoat like Sawyer ...;-)

#14 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:06 PM

I haven't experienced what you are talking about for awhile dafrog, but it does happen.

It suck when it happens and, in my opinion, is counterproductive. I can see where you are going ace, saying that a great team has the potential to bust up an excellent clan team. But a good team can also do that, or atleast slow them down.

If we spread the talent, and incorporate a couple of pugs into each drop, we can make some really good teams. And 10 to 15 good teams can do far more damage than 4 or 5 invincible teams.

#15 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:09 PM

Can someone break this all down into Sodium Chloride TLDR from concentrate for me?

#16 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:30 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 06 December 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Can someone break this all down into Sodium Chloride TLDR from concentrate for me?

Sorry Kineticx, did it say it was a MS matter ? No ? then go back to your epeen heaven with your other epeener MS.

It does say Free Rasalhague Republic.

#17 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostDaFrog, on 06 December 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Nope. I understand what you are talking about. Someone in charge has a notion that a perfect 12 men will get him first place in the Tukkayyid event. Try Hard Megalomania.

View PostDaFrog, on 06 December 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

BOTH TEAMS WERE IN THE SAME UNIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my question still stands: is it gonna be a general rule from the Kungsarme officials? We will only try to field perfect 12 men teams as opposed to trying to field as many competitive teams as we can ?

I am sorry, but the way you've presented this is a little hard to understand, which is why i think people are getting confused. This might be the case if English is not your first language.

It sounds like a leader of a unit you were dropping with wanted to take his best players out of one drop and put them into another. As the a leader within a unit, or possibly the leader, that is within their rights to do.

It appears like this matter is really about the behavior of a specific unit and not a RKA/FRR matter. No one is really qualified to explain what happened or if it will happen again but the leaders of the unit who did this. Not something a KungsArme official can answer.

#18 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

Wait, wait!!! Leaders can tell people what to do and they listen?!?

#19 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 06 December 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

Wait, wait!!! Leaders can tell people what to do and they listen?!?

What? I wasn't listening.....

#20 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:24 AM

People misunderstand unit in this case. Unit as in a 12 men created to get dropson a planet, or tuk in this case. I am not talking unit as in MS, 228 or SO, but someone coming down into a different TS room, telling our team ' I want you , you and you up a room so we can create a perfect team '. Inside the same unit.

Some people didn't care when that happened and good for them, but some people did, like me. It is very tactless when a 'commander' comes in a room and say crap like that.

Well yes in that case it makes sense, your unit gets points towards the event for winning, it may be more important to have one 12man within your unit achiveing a win and the other losing instead of makign 2 medicore premades probably netting less wins. Both should be bale to win vs pugs anyways. But vs premades it may be better to focus the power in one 12man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users