56 replies to this topic

#1 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/56wdxsl.png

We've tried to be reasonable about this, but you simply won't listen. WE WANT TERRA NOW! We've surrounded it, we've taken Tukayyid twice (I don't seem to remember a redo in the lore), and now we want what is rightfully ours.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXPENSIVE MERCSTAR IS? You just don't seem to be getting the message. CWI may be an honorable group of nice guys asking you politely but in SWOL we've decided to take more drastic measure.

Give us Terra or the Gargoyle pictured above will be executed at dawn. Believe me, we don't care about him! We've already drawn whiskers on him, torn off him Omni pods, and put lbx2s on him.

His fate now lies within your hands. You created him, we assume you must care about him somewhere deep down in your heart.

Do the right thing, give Wolf Terra. Believe me, we're not messing around and we've got a Ice Ferret, Kitfox, and Mist Lynx waiting. If you don't care about the Gargoyle we'll keep working our way down the line until we find a mech you do care about!

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:36 PM

Goodbye Mr Gargles.

You won't be missed.

Perhaps you'll be reincarnated as a Battlemech, capable of carrying Dual Gauss+LPL, at 80 Kph.

#3 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

Wolf? Don't you mean Merc corps should get terra? Every time MS, the 228 etc moved out of wolf you got eaten up quickly.

I support making terra an official merc homeworld.

Edited by nehebkau, 07 December 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#4 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

You know, you're executing CLAN mechs.

Please carry on. Let us know when you run out. That's when we just stomp on what remains with our IS mechs.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:42 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 07 December 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Wolf? Don't you mean Merc corps should get terra? Every time MS, the 228 etc moved out of wolf you got eaten up quickly.

Quoted for truth. CWI are decent enough folk, but can't say you hear them, Alpha Galaxy or Golden Keshik in the same breath as 228, EMP, etc.

SWoL? Meh. Better than the Deltas or Taus (of course... who isn't? Beat both in CW with a PUG team,so.....), I'll give them that..though now they apparently think they are the Clan version of the Goons or NVKA.

Silly test tube Furries.

View PostLynx7725, on 07 December 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

You know, you're executing CLAN mechs.

Please carry on. Let us know when you run out. That's when we just stomp on what remains with our IS mechs.

Well... let's be fair...in mr Gargles case, it hardly counts as a real mech..and one could argue it's a mercy killing.....

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:44 PM

If you threatened the Urbanmech, you'd be more likely to get results...

#7 ExplosiveChild

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:45 PM

Or you could unban me from all personal challenges. SWOL will settle for that as well.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

View PostExplosiveChild, on 07 December 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Or you could unban me from all personal challenges. SWOL will settle for that as well.

UT OH!! Furry MAD!! Y-UMADBRO!?!?!

#9 Ezekeel666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 December 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

SWoL? Meh. Better than the Deltas or Taus (of course... who isn't? Beat both in CW with a PUG team,so.....), I'll give them that..though now they apparently think they are the Clan version of the Goons

I can confirm that SWOL are exactly like the Goons since they ruin everything. Also waffles.

#10 Blueduck

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 December 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

SWOL,...though now they apparently think they are the Clan version of the Goons or NVKA.

HAHAHA, I literally laughed out loud. I'll take that as a complement.

Edited by CentsOfFate, 07 December 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostEzekeel666, on 07 December 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

I can confirm that SWOL are exactly like the Goons since they ruin everything. Also waffles.

wait...they ruin waffles!?!?!?!?!

That calls for a Trial of Annihilation!

#12 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 December 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Who F&^%IN' with waffles!?

Wolves dont deserve Terra, MS does.

Well done MERCS.

Edited by DarthRevis, 07 December 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 07 December 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

Who F&^%IN' with waffles!?

Wolves dont deserve Terra, MS does.

Well done MERCS.

Not Sure I feel cleaning congratulating MS... sheer numbers kind of overwhelmed everything, ya know? Still, not as bad as ruining waffles, for the love of all that's decent in the universe......

#14 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 December 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

Not Sure I feel cleaning congratulating MS... sheer numbers kind of overwhelmed everything, ya know? Still, not as bad as ruining waffles, for the love of all that's decent in the universe......

Well they did nothing wrong according to PGI, i think Russ even made a mention of letting the switch to Wolf on his Twitter when the numbers were still very imbalanced.

I mean its not like they didnt know where they were going, PGI needs to adjust the population values anyway. Only X% of the pop on either side should be allowed anywhere at any time or they are hit with an OVER GARRISON penalty and they should get half the rewards.

#15 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 07 December 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

Well they did nothing wrong according to PGI, i think Russ even made a mention of letting the switch to Wolf on his Twitter when the numbers were still very imbalanced.

I mean its not like they didnt know where they were going, PGI needs to adjust the population values anyway. Only X% of the pop on either side should be allowed anywhere at any time or they are hit with an OVER GARRISON penalty and they should get half the rewards.

Oh, not claiming they did anything wrong.. I'll leave that to Mudhutwarrior and the Conspiracy Brigades.... I just hate the whole Mercs as Clans stuff as a lore guy, and wish Russ and crew would implement legit reasons for people to be actual loyalists, like reduced mech prices, higher rewards, etc.

#16 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 07 December 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

MS left us many times, and you guys never made a dent in our area surrounding Terra even when we only had loyalist units as Wolf. Care to explain that?

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 07 December 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

MS left us many times, and you guys never made a dent in our area surrounding Terra even when we only had loyalist units as Wolf. Care to explain that?

because nobody was playing CW until there was another event to do it? And oddly, on the odd CW drop I did do, most of my wins came against Wolves. (and yeah, some losses, too) Admittedly, mostly against Delta and Tau. But even CWI and the rest never struck anxiety at the beginning of a drop like seeing 228, EMP, etc on the other side.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 07 December 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#18 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 December 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Posted Image

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 07 December 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

a soundtrack for your nuclear waffle

#20 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:37 PM

I've come to realize the fault lies with us.

PGI made this game and CW with only mercs in mind. It was never about factions. Factions were an afterthought. We were all supposed to just hop factions and unit tags and the map be largely irrelevant save for who had the most tags on worlds. It was always just supposed to be a pretty leaderboard that meant nothing and only had location names in common with Battletech.

That we wanted CW, indeed MW:O to be more than a minimum viable product that PGI cared half as much about as most the dedicated players do was our own error. To which end....

why would you care that you get your name tag on Terra? Both events were broken as ****, game balance is terrible and nobody is ever going to say that -MS- or SWOL is 'the best unit' in MW:O. Not that you're not great guys I'm sure and a ton of people all in the same unit but winning the lottery is a bigger testament to skill than winning a PGI event.

Please don't take this as a slam. It's not intended that way. Not against any player unit for that matter. The concept of the thread is funny and that alone is worth up-votes. To say that 'winning' any event that PGI has put out, especially one so fundamentally flawed and bad as this, is something you want to memorialize....

You guys should be remembered for a lot more worthwhile stuff than that. Showing up for example. Having made threads on the forums that passed 20 pages. Keeping hundreds of players in this game who quite rationally should have moved on to better expenditures of their time. Those deserve kudos. Having been party to crap like the two Tuk events.... that's something you want to take a long shower from and treat like that one time that awkward thing happened in the unit hot-tub after everyone was drinking. Just don't talk about it and everyone will be happier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users