Missing Dll

31 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

ok i am missing a dll from the game and when i click play i get a error message saying missing mscv.dll

how do i fix this

#2 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

What version of direct x do you have. I got a new PC not too long ago and it only included the newest direct x and had a similar error. Download the previous version and that corrected the error.

#3 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

trying that and update drivers

#4 Pskonejott

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 13 December 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

ok i am missing a dll from the game and when i click play i get a error message saying missing mscv.dll

how do i fix this

Sounds like you're missing the MS Visual C++ runtimes, you can get them from here (install both):

https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=5555
https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=14632

This is Direct X, might as well grab that too:
https://www.microsof...ntimes&form=dlc

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:04 PM

I believe installing through Steam will check and install these for you.

#6 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 13 December 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

how do i fix this

View PostPskonejott, on 13 December 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

Sounds like you're missing the MS Visual C++ runtimes, you can get them from here (install both):

https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=5555
https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=14632

This is Direct X, might as well grab that too:
https://www.microsof...ntimes&form=dlc

This above is the correct answer. The msvc files are the C++ runtimes and they are usually already installed on most systems through updates or other software. You'll want to get them installed and it will fix your problem.

Edited by EgoSlayer, 13 December 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#7 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

To the OP, good luck and I hope the above suggestions work for you. If not, try completely uninstalling C++ and then do a fresh download of it. This is what I had to do on two different systems. (One was a clean install on a brand new computer I built for my son, the other was on my new Dell laptop.)

Let us know what worked if anything.

Edited by mailin, 13 December 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#8 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

I never could get the game to work and i kept getting error messages of one DLL missing or another. I finally figured it was not compatible with my win 7 and or a dell product. Wish i could have played but i was frustrated.

#9 Pskonejott

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 14 December 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

I never could get the game to work and i kept getting error messages of one DLL missing or another. I finally figured it was not compatible with my win 7 and or a dell product. Wish i could have played but i was frustrated.

Did you download and install the 3 packages listed above?

#10 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

yes and i was still having problems. everytime i refreshed it was a different DLL

#11 Pskonejott

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

What dll is it currently reporting missing?

#12 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

idk i deleted it in frustration. it will take me another 2 hours of downloads to find out

#13 Pskonejott

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:53 PM

The installer from the web site is intended to provide all pre-requisites, they added them a while back when people were having these issues. I take it you were downloading from steam?

I'm thinking that the steam installer may not provide these pre-requisites. Perhaps downloading directly from mwomercs.com might solve the issue. Otherwise, when it started reporting different dll's it means that we did solve the initial problem and provide it with the first one it needed. The game runs fine under Win 7, that's what I use.

#14 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

i downloaded directly from mwomercs. i never bothered with steam since i have had issues with it in the past.

#15 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,664 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 December 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

Just making sure both bases are covered -have sent email to get updated info listed on the posts

http://mwomercs.com/...patcher-issues/

http://mwomercs.com/...03#entry1348703

For the directx 9c, to get a full install, in case of corrupted files, use the redistribution package.

https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

The game needs both 32/64bit C++, NET and DX9c. The game can starts off in 32bit but will default to 64bit after the initial launch.

There are several versions of DX9c, each updated the next but an older one does not install the newer files. The last version 9.29.1974 is the one needed. It can be installed via webinstaller but if it has been unsuccessfully done, or if there are any corrupted files, the full redistributed version will do a full install. Just make sure that after unpacking it to run the dxsetup.exe in it.

For best results, always run with admin privileges by right clicking on the exe, run with admin privileges.

Another issue is the possibility of OS corruption. There has been a few people who have had to do a clean/full OS install before things started working.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 December 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#16 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:14 PM

ok i tried to download the xinput dll and i got a message that the cabinet file could not be trusted and that the cryptographic services needed to be activated? What the F is going on? is the download bad or what?

#17 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,664 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 21 December 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

ok i tried to download the xinput dll and i got a message that the cabinet file could not be trusted and that the cryptographic services needed to be activated? What the F is going on? is the download bad or what?

The way it is posted, it sounds like the xinput.dll was downloaded from a non-Microsoft site?

#18 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

no the site i got it from was the site given to me by mechwarrior support.

#19 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 13 December 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

I believe installing through Steam will check and install these for you.

Installing through steam should definitely do that since it happens for all my other games. Steam also does an integrity check. Without Steam you can just use the repair tool. Make sure to uncheck the setting that makes the tool undo all your settings and you are good. It will check for missing files and do a checksum on every file for corruption. That is limited, I think, to the game files though. In any case I run it after every patch and if I ever see weirdness. Doing it after patches, I generally don't have those problems and usually it finds nothing wrong.

Giving the name of the dll you are getting an error from would help. It may not even be missing. Windows loses track of dlls even when they are in directories in the path, it seems, and in that case re registering (with the regsvr32 command).

If the problem was with directx or vc++ files, you can reinstall them. You don't necessarily need to uninstall them first as the install, IIRC, will fix things.

#20 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:22 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 21 December 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

no the site i got it from was the site given to me by mechwarrior support.

If it isn't from microsoft.com I would never put it on. I know there are a lot of sites out there. But you can't always trust them and even when they do not mean harm the version of the dll could be wrong for you. This suggests the dll is from DirectX, which might explain the mismatch as it gets updated a lot.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh405051(v=vs.85).aspx

I'd download the appropriate version of DirectX for your system from microsoft and install it from there. That will fix it for you.

Edited by Anachronda, 22 December 2015 - 03:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users