Phact

41 replies to this topic

#21 Red Lancer1

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationSian Commonality

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

Who is PHL? That attacked it first, allowing us to reclaim it...

#22 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

Phact was in Davion hands when it fell to Marik. We did not initiate hostilities with Liao.

The question remains, is this the end of peace between Marik and Liao?

Will Marik need to issue a 'heated note of protest' with dropships to follow? Or will diplomacy succeed?

Edited by Kjudoon, 20 December 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#23 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:15 PM

Until beta 3 and planets meaning anything, it is (and should be) a free-for-all. At this stage alliances of Houses are kinda useless and we should all be looking for fights even if it's against "traditional allies." The whole idea that CW has held onto the Concord of Kapetyn when there isn't a FedCom is ludicrous anyway; Davion and Steiner do there own thing, they can't defend one another unless its against clans so taking away potential opponents for the sake of some old Battletech lore is self defeating. Liao can and should attack anywhere there are actual live opponents, same for Marik, Davion, Kurita, etc. After beta 3 starts, if planets become meaningful, then you can always go back to discussing the merits of an alliance. For now, enjoy the fights, make some money and get those loyalty point rewards.

And stay away from my hair products. I took all of them with me when I left Davion and am jealously hoarding them while we merc our way through the IS. Posted Image

#24 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostRed Lancer1, on 20 December 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

PHL = phoenix legion
german speaking EU timezone based mercs
in service at the davion border
http://mwomercs.com/...on-mercenaries/

#25 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

View Postccrider, on 20 December 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

And stay away from my hair products. I took all of them with me when I left Davion and am jealously hoarding them while we merc our way through the IS. Posted Image

Pandas and Arby's and Hair Products, oh my!

#26 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

@ccrider
think about the little differences between CW season 1 (was fun) and season 2 (damn boring). any technical changes? no. changes in player behavior? hell, yeah. season 2 was only mechbay grinding for the most of us or has no motivation at all. just a few played at all. it was dead. simply dead.
now, the steam-seals for clubbing practice aren't much of a difference. planets still has no meaning or use.

if i had to choose from interaction between partys, diplomacy, the try to organise whole factions to make our own story and meaning...
and meaningless matches-per-day-grinding for nothing but a reset and the hope of better days...

for me, it's not a choice at all. it's just a decision. i doesn't want a season 2.1 of boredom.

Edited by HelloKittyWarfare, 20 December 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#27 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:43 PM

The ceasefire may have broken, but the nonaggression pact stands. If mercenary units are having trouble finding matches against Davions, our first priority, we can arrange scrimmages with House Marik.

Live matches pay better than ghost drops.

After the unscheduled return of Phact, it is only fair that we find a suitable planet in Capellan space to host the matches. Please coordinate military exercises between Houses on these forums.

#28 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostHelloKittyWarfare, on 20 December 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

@ccrider
think about the little differences between CW season 1 (was fun) and season 2 (damn boring). any technical changes? no. changes in player behavior? hell, yeah. season 2 was only mechbay grinding for the most of us or has no motivation at all. just a few played at all. it was dead. simply dead.
now, the steam-seals for clubbing practice aren't much of a difference. planets still has no meaning or use.

if i had to choose from interaction between partys, diplomacy, the try to organise whole factions to make our own story and meaning...
and meaningless matches-per-day-grinding for nothing but a reset and the hope of better days...

for me, it's not a choice at all. it's just a decision. i doesn't want a season 2.1 of boredom.

Oh, I agree with you on creating our own story, but the trashtalking between Liao and Davion shows that these old rivalries are alive and well. Why not have create some Marik/Liao or Davion/Steiner rivalries while we're at it? I just don't want to trade live matches for ghost drops for the sake of maintaining an alliance that at the current time serves no actual purpose. Like I said, if Beta 3 brings meaning to planetary ownership, these alliances can always be recreated. For now though, we're all just looking for the most entertainment from our CW time and if that means that we occasionally fight Liao vs Marik or Davion vs Steiner that's ok. I'd rather fight live opponents than ghost drop any day.

And with all the steam users coming in, maybe as organized groups we should go a tad easier on them. You know that a 12 man of PHL or TCAF or whoever is going to win, but if we drop and see all trial 'mech newbies, we could always just dial it back a bit so they have a good time while we still get a win. If a new guy plays and loses, but it's fun, he's more likely to do what it takes to find a unit, build a better drop deck, get better at the game. If we mercilessly club them to death, they are most likely going to the forums to complain about 12 mans and then quit the mode. Just a thought, but my guys have been trying it out and it's still fun even though we don't win by as large a margin. Your more likely to get a "GG, see ya next match" if they actually felt like the game was sorta competitive rather than an excuse to farm PUGs and beat the hell outta people who barely know the maps. Posted Image

Edited by ccrider, 20 December 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#29 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:42 AM

i know what you mean and agree with you in the clubbing part. noobstomping isn't fun at all. it's bad for dropdecipline, too. one week in the southern states and i have to swing the whip much harder to get a working organisation in my drops. PHL is mostly a casualunit and can't compete rockhard against dropdeckoptimised killermaschines. thats okay. nevertheless, we stand our ground as good sports.
PHL is trying a new kind of "being merc". we choose our client from the offers we'll get, but the client name the front we're fighting at. so we trade some free will against more support of faction unity. thats why we don't just take the challenge of this new situation with liao. even it's strongly against the odds, we are ready for clan green butter knife...but this you have to discuss with marik command.

i don't agree with you in one thing. i don't believe that the planetary bonusses we hope for will increase diplomatics. it's more the oposite. there is no interest in talking when you think of yourself being the stronger one.
look at what liao will become for example: with TCAF, AS and soon MS, you wouldn't hold back for talking anyway. there is simply no real resistance in davion and/or marik. it's not about "having good fights on same sight", it's about creating a powerhouse, as you said. being honest, you deserve only ghostdrops. there is no way to talk, no way to make peace, no way to resist properly. even if someone win all his matches against you, the planet is still lost. what do you think will happen? being the cool kids on the block don't give you good matches.
if someone is unwillig to make a little factionplay now, that one don't start with it at CW phase 3.

by the way: IF anyone of that 4 12man assaulting phact were looking for a good match at all, you had been announced your visit early. Posted Image

Edited by HelloKittyWarfare, 21 December 2015 - 12:45 AM.

#30 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:01 AM

I wasn't online when Phact was attacked, I was just commenting on the situation. In a week we'll be Kurita so whether Liao becomes the strongest faction isn't factored into my opinion. We played beta 1 and 2 as Davion loyalists but this round we're going IS merc; 30 day contracts with every IS faction, then rotating back through. We just want good fights wherever we go. Posted Image

Edited by ccrider, 21 December 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#31 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

no hard feelings at all, ccrider. i'm sort sort of a viewer, too. our marik contract runs out this christmas. we'll see who wants my unit after these family days. good choice with kurita, by the way. bunch of good people and players in that faction, clan and IS borders to choose from and free drinks on dear coordinator on after work partys. have fun.

#32 Terminator20

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationKazan, RU

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:32 AM

Yes. TCAF will attack Marik planets. Enjoy fightings. After this phase ends we will talk about any pacts.

#33 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:35 AM

View PostRed Lancer1, on 20 December 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

PHL was hired for a job and the job was Davion, not Liao and TCAF. Phact was not in the hands of either when it got occupied. It was never "returned" but taken from Marik while the main force of Marik units and mercs was focused elsewhere.

Edited by Jherek C, 21 December 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#34 13th Shaman

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:57 AM

Well, to sum up. You seriously gotta be naive to trust Liao.

#35 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:27 AM

Liao will attack Marik. Not the mercs, not the Loyalist, the new and reformed Liao as a whole.

#36 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:21 AM

I spoke directly to the Chancellor today and it turns out we are all mistaken. Phact has always been a Liao planet and it has never been otherwise. Any who claim that Phact was once Marik must have had bugged star charts.

Carry on, citizen.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 21 December 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#37 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 21 December 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

I spoke directly to the Chancellor today and it turns out we are all mistaken. Phact has always been a Liao planet and it has never been otherwise. Any who claim that Phact was once Marik must have had bugged star charts.

Carry on, citizen.

Reading comprehension?

Edited by Jherek C, 21 December 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#38 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostJherek C, on 21 December 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Reading comprehension?

Is good. I am more than happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 21 December 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#39 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:05 AM

mercs will do merc things

mechwarrior gotta get paid!!!! Gotta make those fat stacks of cbills to the roof!

Edited by Czarr, 21 December 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#40 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:07 AM

MOAR TARGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe opening up more DavRat planets for us to attack?

Does a Merc have to beg to kill DavRats?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users