#21 Malphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

It's nice to see Liao working together. It has been tried before though, to hilarious results. If all else fails pies could be baked.

#22 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:29 PM

View Post100mile, on 31 December 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

PHL has been taking advantage of no organized resistance on the Davion front during EU time zone too. Which is why Marik has so many planets in Davion Space....at least they sometimes play during the NA time zone...

That is just not true. The FWLM, during the NA TZ has had a concerted push vs Davion with very few ghost drops and those are just to let the defenders know we are there. We are fighting right up until cease fire.

However, we have discovered a flaw in the algorithm that allow a plants tag to change upon a successful defense (rather than who took it). Davion pugs try to re-attack our conquered worlds and our mercenaries defend them, thus placing their tags.

The 1FWG has almost reached their goals for the Davion campaign, and I am doing my utmost to prevent a redeployment until then. We will not be provoked my hired guns or lone wolves. A word of advise, from one front line officer to another,..."Secure your loose cannons else they wipe your deck."

War Steiner, Capt, 1FWG, FWLM

#23 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:04 AM

View PostWar Steiner, on 31 December 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

That is just not true. The FWLM, during the NA TZ has had a concerted push vs Davion with very few ghost drops and those are just to let the defenders know we are there. We are fighting right up until cease fire.

However, we have discovered a flaw in the algorithm that allow a plants tag to change upon a successful defense (rather than who took it). Davion pugs try to re-attack our conquered worlds and our mercenaries defend them, thus placing their tags.

The 1FWG has almost reached their goals for the Davion campaign, and I am doing my utmost to prevent a redeployment until then. We will not be provoked my hired guns or lone wolves. A word of advise, from one front line officer to another,..."Secure your loose cannons else they wipe your deck."

Its not a flaw in the system, if you can't be bothered to defend a planet with your tags on it and some one else has to defend it for, you should lose your tags on said planet, when income from planets come in in Phase 3, you will really want to defend what you have taken.

Running your mouth like that about wipe peoples decks out is why Marik is now under full attack from Steiner, Liao and Davion space.

#24 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

Full attack? Really? All I see is a single loyal unit tired of waiting for the Celestial Throne to get off the pot so they are trying to retake their home worlds while a bunch of merc scum stirring up trouble. The Lyrans are more than happy with our agreement that moved Marik mercs and mechs to their front lines with the clans. It is only you, scared to face the Sword and Starburst like a little girl, that feel the need to break the long standing tradition of peace between neighbors. You, who do not listen to your employers wishes and attack his allies, are the reason we are here today.

#25 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

View PostWar Steiner, on 01 January 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

Full attack? Really? All I see is a single loyal unit tired of waiting for the Celestial Throne to get off the pot so they are trying to retake their home worlds while a bunch of merc scum stirring up trouble. The Lyrans are more than happy with our agreement that moved Marik mercs and mechs to their front lines with the clans. It is only you, scared to face the Sword and Starburst like a little girl, that feel the need to break the long standing tradition of peace between neighbors. You, who do not listen to your employers wishes and attack his allies, are the reason we are here today.

TCAFs goals from Beta 1 were always to reclaim the Tikonov Commonality. But since they announced Beta 3, with the map reset of Beta 2, this Beta 2.5 is about War. TCAF is the only Loyalist unit that has the number to press a full scale attack, the rest of us help reinforce the mercs.

#26 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

Makes you wish loyalists could vote to fire Mercs, don't ya?

Well maybe Phase 3.01

#27 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:00 PM

or beta 4....

#28 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:09 AM

View PostAlienized, on 31 December 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

merclife in battletech is different from what u do.
mercs have to agree and accept NAP's or they simply would been absorbed or just erased if small. bigger units would never get a contract again until they disband. it would be nice to have such rules in MWO as well.

Well...good thing this isn't battletech then. I'm sure if such rules existed, we'd follow them. As it is...most merc companies don't feel like creating extra work for themselves to make a small attempt at roleplay in a game based around...zero roleplay.

View PostWar Steiner, on 31 December 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Fight some Clanners...we haven't had a Ghost Drop in 8 months.

#29 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:18 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 04 January 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

Well...good thing this isn't battletech then. I'm sure if such rules existed, we'd follow them. As it is...most merc companies don't feel like creating extra work for themselves to make a small attempt at roleplay in a game based around...zero roleplay.

well i think we did some sort of roleplay now since we offered our merc unit to houses =) it is actually quite fun to start something on yourself as it just happened with marik liao and the davions.
the depth of the whole roleplay is already given by lore, we just take it farther and write our own stories by our actions on the FW map and in the faction forums.

i see it as a chance: PGI has not created something so its up to US to fill it. as community. together. which would gather more interest from alot of players that did not play CW because there was literally no roleplay yet.

WE can start it. maybe PGI jumps on it and finally see's how important this whole roleplay thing is and FINALLY get the rewards for loyalty right.

#30 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

View PostAlienized, on 04 January 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

well i think we did some sort of roleplay now since we offered our merc unit to houses =) it is actually quite fun to start something on yourself as it just happened with marik liao and the davions.
the depth of the whole roleplay is already given by lore, we just take it farther and write our own stories by our actions on the FW map and in the faction forums.

i see it as a chance: PGI has not created something so its up to US to fill it. as community. together. which would gather more interest from alot of players that did not play CW because there was literally no roleplay yet.

WE can start it. maybe PGI jumps on it and finally see's how important this whole roleplay thing is and FINALLY get the rewards for loyalty right.

Wish I could like this 10x...

#31 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

Zion, Free Worlds League — January 9, 3051

The new year witnessed the reestablished Free Worlds League government on the planet of Zion. Prone to civil unrest, the planet was briefly thrown into disarray by the actions of mercenaries under the flag of the Capellan Confederation. However, subsequent investigations suggest that the mercenaries may have subverted their contract at the behest of other financial backers.

Whether or not this proves true, the disruption has had the effect of slowing the return of Capellan worlds from House Davion, as forces continue to be diverted towards meaningless skirmishes on the Free Worlds League border.

Excitement is growing in anticipation of a campaign to return House Liao's ancestral home to the Capellan fold, but at this time the Strategos have issued no comment, other than, "Everything is happening as the Chancellor has forseen."

Loyal Capellans have taken this as a signal to redouble their efforts.

#32 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:01 PM

See now... THIS... you guys up north.... Is how you make meaning and content in a game that has none. This is how legends get made like the Wazan Meatgrinder and Seige of Asuncion. Names that stick to the lips far beyond a statistical reset.

Well played gentlemen. Well played.

#33 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 08 January 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

See now... THIS... you guys up north.... Is how you make meaning and content in a game that has none. This is how legends get made like the Wazan Meatgrinder and Seige of Asuncion. Names that stick to the lips far beyond a statistical reset.

Well played gentlemen. Well played.

THIS is how WE (all of us) become the heroes of the Inner Sphere and Clans. This is how WE build a community full of grudges and friendships. Alliances, betrayals, politics.

This is why you don't rely on PGI for your immersion. The rules put forth on these forums are all you need to participate in the Inner Sphere war.

Post on the forums. Drop in the game. Get a bounty put out on you. Have some fun with the game and our community. Give them a reason to want to join TICAF and RMA and MGA and all the other units that join together and build our websites and teamspeak servers. Build those relationships. Build that community together.

Now lets go have some fun boys.

#34 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:57 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 08 January 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Zion, Free Worlds League — January 9, 3051

The new year witnessed the reestablished Free Worlds League government on the planet of Zion. Prone to civil unrest, the planet was briefly thrown into disarray by the actions of mercenaries under the flag of the Capellan Confederation. However, subsequent investigations suggest that the mercenaries may have subverted their contract at the behest of other financial backers.

Whether or not this proves true, the disruption has had the effect of slowing the return of Capellan worlds from House Davion, as forces continue to be diverted towards meaningless skirmishes on the Free Worlds League border.

Excitement is growing in anticipation of a campaign to return House Liao's ancestral home to the Capellan fold, but at this time the Strategos have issued no comment, other than, "Everything is happening as the Chancellor has forseen."

Loyal Capellans have taken this as a signal to redouble their efforts.

It was actually the third Marik world captured by TCAF (just before they took Asuncion). There may have been mercs in the drops but TCAF tag on the capital of the Zion province. (Just an editorial comment .. I am an English teacher ;-) )

Great writing though. Please keep it up ... these forums desperately need more war "fluff." Posted Image

#35 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:19 AM

Vive la revolution!
To arms to arms loyal members of the Free Worlds!
Rise up from your slumber!
Your liberators of Zion and Asuncion are returning!
You shall no longer suffer under the oppressive yoke of the capellan warlord's rogue lackeys!
To arms!
To arms!
To arms!
Salvation is at hand!

(captured Panda Underground leaflet found on Zion)

#36 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:35 AM

Rage! Rage against the darkness brothers!

To the front, they say! And to the front the soldiers of the Free World's League march on.

Rage! For we have been betrayed, and stabbed in the back far too long!

Rage! Because our worlds are not to be victims!

Rage! Because we are awakening, and the Eagle shall soar across the skies of Sian itself, for their deceit and lies. For these crimes, we will have our revenge.

Worry not though, people of the Capellan Confederation, for liberation is coming. Freedom from your tyranny will come, and soon you will be apart of a system which listens to its people, and their plights. Your leaderships shortcomings and betrayals, shall be repaid on them in blood, and for you, you will be given freedom! A life better than you've ever imagined awaits, after we take your Chancellor, and place his head atop a pike! Down with the House of Liao, and its treachery and injustices visited upon its own!

Long live the greater Free World's League!

Edited by stormeagle, 09 January 2016 - 01:49 AM.

#37 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:44 AM

Calling for a blanket party for Romano Liao. We'll bring the Fedcom booze, Marik brings the space bacon. I'd recommend we use blankets taken from Liao worlds but there's like 1 blanket for every 20 Liao citizen, so taking their blankets would be a little rude.

#38 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:18 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2016 - 01:44 AM, said:

Calling for a blanket party for Romano Liao. We'll bring the Fedcom booze, Marik brings the space bacon. I'd recommend we use blankets taken from Liao worlds but there's like 1 blanket for every 20 Liao citizen, so taking their blankets would be a little rude.

We've already trounced a few of the much "vaunted" TCAF members. I see nothing to cause us to break tailgatin formation. Posted Image

#39 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:59 AM

if the davions want a piece of Liao they should start today and grab it while TCAF is defending planets on marik side :P

#40 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users