#21 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostVlad Striker, on 30 December 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Nova is a deadly flanker but this is it's only battle role. This mech can carry 3 AMS or 4MG, this is good bonus for 50t. 2-3 Novas equpped with 3AMS can nullify enemy's LRM power at all.
Not sure if serious or cleverly mocking.

#22 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

No, it's about right. I've seen a group with twelve single AMS shoot a constant rain outta the sky. It was clan LRMs though, and I hear they get AMSed more.

~Leone.

#23 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

View PostLeone, on 31 December 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

No, it's about right. I've seen a group with twelve single AMS shoot a constant rain outta the sky. It was clan LRMs though, and I hear they get AMSed more.

~Leone.

Ummm, no. That's really not what I meant at all.

Obviously, massed AMS will shot down lots of LRM's. Streaming ones - like Clan LRM's, or IS LRM5's chained, you could totally block without even a whole lot of AMS.

Nevermind. It doesn't matter.

#24 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:08 PM

Man I gotta bump this old dead thread just so we can all look back on it and think about what a 180 the Nova has had after the resize. It's THE badass of the clan medium brawlers now and people used to think it was useless.

#25 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

View PostKarl the Plumber, on 20 October 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

Man I gotta bump this old dead thread just so we can all look back on it and think about what a 180 the Nova has had after the resize. It's THE badass of the clan medium brawlers now and people used to think it was useless.

Yah the resize definatelly made novas better, but for a small period of time before, they were still pretty good...

But as for now, idk... I think the hunchback iic mechs have taken the medium slot for a lot of people.

The nova is still a good mech, but man... Those high mounts of the hunchie... Hard to resist!

#26 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

View PostKarl the Plumber, on 20 October 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

Ummm, it's always been that awesome. I have always stated this.

~Leone.

#27 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:26 AM

The stormcrow is very versatile but i dont like how it looks :) so i played it only trial (yes even there it is undoubtly very good)

Therefore i play Nova, Shadowcat and now the Huntsman.

My Shadowcat is also a LPL ECM sniper. That works good for me and much better then in other roles i tried.
It has usually few hardpoints which for me meant to favor heavy weapons on it.

The Nova's speciality in my opinion is that it can offer many hardpoints.
My NOVA has one arm with 6ML + 5 Machineguns in the other places. It is fragile, and I have to play very cautious at the beginning, however poking with 6ML can sure help the team to win. When i managed to survive first half of the battle i go in more aggresively. Enemies usually have less armor then and the MGs damage components and take out enemies.

Huntsman can load impressive weaponry although having JJ, however it is also slow & feels fragile compared to the Stormcrow. My best game so far was in a kind of my Shadowcat Nova hybrid Huntsman build:
2LPL + 2ML + 4 MG - first half I poked with LPL, when enemy team stretched I started to close in and play more aggresive with adding ML, finally MGs joined the party. Managed 2 kills + 2 KMDD and over 800DMG (very good game for me)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users