Cbill/xp/loyalty Boosting Ideas

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Boosting Options (Please vote) (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Cbill/XP/Loyalty weapons (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Make a mech a hero (2 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

There are a couple good ideas on additional Cbill, etc, bonuses, so let's vote on which one would be the best. This isn't about cost, implementation or how much of a boost they give unless it's relevant to a discussion about which option is better.

1. Make your own favorite mech a hero mech for MC.
I know there's some discussion about a modification to the original idea but this is just choosing one or the other.

2. Weapons that give a boost to Cbills/XP or loyalty. These weapons would have the same stats as their regular weapon counterparts aside from the boost to Cbill/XP/Loyalty.

Personally, I prefer the weapons option because it's more flexible. You could swap them between mechs, etc.

Edited by TheArisen, 30 December 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#2 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 30 December 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Personally, I prefer the weapons option because it's more flexible. You could swap them between mechs, etc.

You say you prefer the weapons option because it's more flexible, but it would just give me one more thing to be constantly swapping between my 'Mechs. Further than that, it's not even something I can easily acquire more of, like the overly expensive modules. I only have a handful of those modules as of now, but at least I know I can grind out more of them without dumping more cash into my account. I'd much rather just make it a one time decision, like buying a hero 'Mech. Then it's just a permanent bonus for that 'Mech, and I never have to worry about it again.

The other problem with "bonus weapons" that you seem to be completely ignoring, is that some 'Mechs have more hardpoints than others. Are 'Mechs with a lower total number of hardpoints to be penalized with your system? How do you make it so that those 'Mechs can still support bonuses large enough for people to bother to continue playing them without allowing 'Mechs with more hardpoints to capitalize on it?

#3 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:55 PM

Here's an idea to deal with the legitimate concern over mechs with less hard points not being able to get as good a bonus.

Set bonuses, let's say you only need 4 Mlas to get to the bonus cap. That way you don't gimp mechs that are hard point starved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users