25 replies to this topic

#21 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:10 AM

Glad you commented twice on the same topic. PGI won't really fix anything so BV is just a fantasy but it's one i like. Oh, and i simply don't like merc scum :)

#22 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:48 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 06 February 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

Glad you commented twice on the same topic.

It's actually two topics:
1) A BV value not accounting for the necessary roles that need to be covered and
2) a BV system being far from a perfect balance solution, as evidenced by the mess that WT's matchmaking is.

View PostNaglinator, on 06 February 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

Oh, and i simply don't like merc scum Posted Image

Clan Wolf generally seems to attract people with strong biases against anything that isn't dedicated to Clans only. My impression, at least.

Edited by Luminis, 06 February 2016 - 03:48 AM.

#23 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

Where are the Star League era mechs the clans had that they maintained and have them with the ghost heat less weapon equivalents and clan heatsinks (HS are easy fix like adding liquid cooled system to vid card). Same load out restrictions BUT with availability of clans full spectrum of AC's instead of stunted one for IS. And as for way lasers fire...Laser is a invisible weapon,line of sight, and instant hit for both sides. Current laser weapons are continuous stream because were not running cold fusion engines to power them (we use fission to make steam to spin generators to make electricity) and focusing the laser light properly to make it do damage. Like using magnifying glass to focus sunlight to burn stuff (and that fusion energys traveled 8 minutes to get here). You put that magnified Mega Joule generating laser turning on and off to expend its energy and the heat is waste energy caused by focusing. Pulse lasers expend same energy but in flickering 3 on and offs but doesnt change the speed of light (156000 miles per second) but firing duration (think of it as spreading the damage instead single spot theres movement involved in simulation that doesnt really come in play in TT due to initiative rolls as movement/combat control). The colored beams come from movie imagineers for audience inclusion. And TAG lasers of today arent colored, so it wont look like a laser pointer in a dusty or smokey room, but thermal and ir will reveal it. Thats not lore thats science.

#24 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

For all we know we "see" the lasers because our huds impose a colour for them based on heat detection? And by cold fusion i hope you mean muon-catalyzed fusion and not the "other" kind. And no, battletech uses plain ol fusion with probably a direct conversion instead of steam.

Also, surprise surprise that the clans only like the clans? Very strong validation. And yes you could've combined both BV arguments into one.

#25 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 06 February 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

Also, surprise surprise that the clans only like the clans?

You're not "the Clans", you're a guy who clicked on the Clan Wolf icon in the CW screen.

Just my impression that Clan Wolf players - the vocal ones at least - are way more stuck up about "muh Clans" and how to restore Clan superiority than, say, CJF players.

Edited by Luminis, 07 February 2016 - 12:33 AM.

#26 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostLuminis, on 07 February 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

You're not "the Clans", you're a guy who clicked on the Clan Wolf icon in the CW screen.

Just my impression that Clan Wolf players - the vocal ones at least - are way more stuck up about "muh Clans" and how to restore Clan superiority than, say, CJF players.

Is that some sort of grammar play? Yes I am aware that I am not the clans. I am not singularly all what kerensky tried to create? I guess? I AM however someone who has been a clan supporter for close to 20 years and part of the Clan Wolf MWO since closed beta WAAYY before you could just 'click' to become clan wolf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users