114 replies to this topic

#1 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:21 AM

As of right now, the Free World's League is officially hostile towards the Capellan Confederation.

We have no hostile positions towards the Draconis Combine, the Lyran Commonwealth, or FRR.

We have an active Non Aggression Pact with the Federated Suns. DO NOT ENGAGE.

We have active hostilities towards the Clans. All clanners must be stopped!

Fight on the Capellan Front!

This is our most important border. Fight, fight hard, WIN!

This is a message brought to you by the FWLM.

Edited by stormeagle, 18 January 2016 - 02:25 AM.

#2 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:44 AM

Hi, this is GI Journalist, Capellan News Network. I have a few questions for any Free Worlds League officials who are willing to comment.

Is this the official position of the Free Worlds League?

How have you addressed allegations that it was a mercenary in House Davion's employ that first violated the House Marik/House Liao NAP?

The same mercenaries also have established ties with the Clans. How does supporting hostilities between House Marik, House Liao and House Davion impact the Inner Sphere's ability to defend against the Clan invasion?

Your time and assistance in clarifying House Marik's diplomatic position will be greatly appreciated.

#3 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

As I understand it the goal is to reclaim the Zion district...if only the attack lanes would move in the right direction.

#4 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

Our only goal is to get 8 planets.

As for the mercenaries is that it is a 2 edged sword, you think that it might be true that Davion hired them, but you have to think maybe eSeifer was trying to start another war, Marik v Davion, by saying that.

The Federated Suns have been great allies so far and hope to keep it going with them

#5 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:53 AM

I would say fighting someone for another 4-5 planets is considered overt hostilities.

Is that the wrong definition? Are these not open hostilities when fighting multiple companies of Capellans?

#6 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

TCAFs told me that they want non aggression with ITx and i agree, so i am not attacking them, and we might randomly start to farm some davions again

#7 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

So if I understand, officially, House Marik is seeking reparations for 8 worlds lost because of the interference of the mercenaries and violations of Free Worlds League space.

In context of the Successor Wars, this is not "open hostilities." This is a border dispute, currently under negotiation between House Liao and House Marik.

(Most House Liao loyalists agree that House Marik should be compensated, but disagree as to which worlds should be restored to the Free World League. Consequently, negotiations for planets are being held over the barrel of a PPC, which is traditional in the Inner Sphere.)

I have a couple of follow-up questions.

Mercenaries infiltrated House Liao and conspired to violate the non-aggression pact while House Marik was pursuing an offensive on the House Davion front. These mercenaries then persuaded other units to join them in the violation of the NAP.

How confident is House Marik about their own targeting decisions being free of outside influences?

Also, if the Clan threat remains a Marik priority, how does House Marik propose the Inner Sphere stop the Clans?

#8 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

In context of the Successor Wars, this is not "open hostilities." This is a border dispute, currently under negotiation between House Liao and House Marik.

To twist a quote...
"War is diplomacy conducted by other means."

#9 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Marik's targeting decisions are made of the Leaders of House Marik that have mostly been there since Beta 1

View PostGI Journalist, on 18 January 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

So if I understand, officially, House Marik is seeking reparations for 8 worlds lost because of the interference of the mercenaries and violations of Free Worlds League space.

(Most House Liao loyalists agree that House Marik should be compensated, but disagree as to which worlds should be restored to the Free World League. Consequently, negotiations for planets are being held over the barrel of a PPC, which is traditional in the Inner Sphere.)

Mercenaries infiltrated House Liao and conspired to violate the non-aggression pact while House Marik was pursuing an offensive on the House Davion front. These mercenaries then persuaded other units to join them in the violation of the NAP.

How confident is House Marik about their own targeting decisions being free of outside influences?

Also, if the Clan threat remains a Marik priority, how does House Marik propose the Inner Sphere stop the Clans?

#10 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 18 January 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

TCAFs told me that they want non aggression with ITx and i agree, so i am not attacking them, and we might randomly start to farm some davions again

Why? ITx is good enough to go against TCAF. Where's the fun for you in beating Davion Pugs?

Also, if you don't want to follow House dotrine, why wear the purple bird in the first place?

Edited by Sthtopokeon, 18 January 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#11 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

Have no idea what this guy is talking about but still

View PostSthtopokeon, on 18 January 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

Why? ITx is good enough to go against TCAF. Where's the fun for you in beating Davion Pugs?

Also, if you don't want to follow House dotrine, why wear the purple bird in the first place?

ZOMG TEH DRAMA!!!11111oneone

Edited by GweNTLeR, 18 January 2016 - 01:37 PM.

#12 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 18 January 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

ZOMG TEH DRAMA!!!11111oneone

No seriously. All you Mercs constantly brag that you only go for the good fights™ and suddenly this guy basically says: "Meh, me likes seal clubbing better"

#13 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 18 January 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

Good understanding of the situation ... same old border struggle that has been going on for centuries.

House Marik decisions are discussed and made through the Marik War Council. Always have been. Always will be.

Whenever you see a new unit attacking your space and you do not see a vetted, loyalist unit reinforcing them, you can rest assured that it was without FWLM War Council knowledge and approval. In such case, feel free to hit that unit as we do not support their actions. No one can control the PUGs and mercs at the moment. BUT, supporting and reinforcing their numbers sends a strong message that there is at least a smattering of House loyalist approval.

Has Marik ever posted that the Clan threat is a priority?

We do not attack House Steiner or House Liao because we know it is THEIR priority, but not necessarily ours. I know loyalist Marik units go defend IS soil on a regular basis as a means of getting fast drops in CW but I am not sure that I would go so far as to say that it is a top priority.

I cannot speak for all of the FWLM since the Seraphim Regiment has only been loyalist for three months now. This is just the view from where I sit.

#14 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

Operation B.A.C.O.N.

Brave
Adamant
Congregation
Of
Nocturnals

#15 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

Be
aware of
Capellans
offering
negotiations

Edited by Sthtopokeon, 18 January 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#16 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:14 PM

Here we go again, mercs trying influence politics overtly...

I will start sweating a NAP between FWL and Liao when established leaders of the two houses start hashing out the details, I don't think either side wants any more Merc "diplomacy".

Either learn how to collect a paycheck for performing as instructed, operate with more subtlety, or take a permanent contract somewhere and put down roots...

Edited by MovinTarget, 18 January 2016 - 03:16 PM.

#17 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:02 PM

Unreliable and untrustworthy mercs are unreliable and untrustworthy. It is unfortunate that Liao got burned by bad mercs and unfortunate that Marik is dealing with bad mercs now.

Best solution is ignore them and clean up as needed afterward. It's like having bad house guests. Sometimes when you have a party some jackass smears poop on a wall or pukes in the potted plant.

It's inevitable, just need to move past and move forward.

#18 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

Better said; don't ignore them, treat them like naughty little puppies making messes... I think the fact that our 3 houses are actually talking about this openly is getting word out about the bahavior so fewer house units are getting sucked into their faux warmongering. They'll learn that the best fights come from hitting the designated fronts, otherwise they just get pugs and no support when an opposing house unit decides to crush them.

Edited by MovinTarget, 18 January 2016 - 05:30 PM.

#19 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

The problem is there are no in game tools to allow localists to punish naughty mercs.

#20 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 18 January 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

Better said; don't ignore them, treat them like naughty little puppies making messes... I think the fact that our 3 houses are actually talking about this openly is getting word out about the bahavior so fewer house units are getting sucked into their faux warmongering. They'll learn that the best fights come from hitting the designated fronts, otherwise they just get pugs and no support when an opposing house unit decides to crush them.

^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users