#41 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 27 January 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

I seem to remember a long time ago in a Town Hall they answered that with a definitive "No" to quad mechs. I could be remembering wrong....

View PostSandpit, on 27 January 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

^^
Was answered in the first Townhall IIRC

Not going to happen because (insert technical reason and programming). I don't remember what the specific reasons given were, but I remember that it's not something they can do.

Woah, guys. Ease off on the overwhelming optimism!
Look, i'm not a complete imbecile. I know they're not going to happen. I'm just here as an eternal reminder of those that shan't be forgotten! Posted Image

#42 Hearseguy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 26 January 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

FLAMERS RUSS, FLAMERS!!

Been climbing that hill since 2013...get the same answer every time "We're looking onto it" guarantee nothing has changed since then.

#43 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostHearseguy, on 27 January 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Been climbing that hill since 2013...get the same answer every time "We're looking onto it" guarantee nothing has changed since then.

Well, I'm right there with you . . . I've been advocating for flamers since I first joined MWO. It's changed slightly since 2013 . . . albeit very slightly (and not much more beyond when I started back in early 2012). Now we're being told that everything hinges on a visual rework of Flamers before they'll touch any reengineering.

On the other hand, we've also been told that the art team is so backlogged on mech skins that the new pilot mentioned a year and a half ago is little more than a pet project that'll get done whenever it gets done. However, at the same time we've also gotten new laser effects . . . yet flamers remain untouched.

At this point I'm starting to believe it's becoming one of those "as long as we ignore it then people will eventually stop equipping them and the problem will go away" . . . you know, like how they made the fixed flamer on the Puma/Adder removable equipment because people complained that flamers were useless and it's a waste of a half ton. Rather than make flamers useful they just made it removable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow . . . rereading this post and looking at what I wrote and how much vitriol I have built up on this subject . . . I think my armor has gone from shiny white to a very battered gray . . . at best.

#44 Hearseguy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

View PostSereglach, on 27 January 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Well, I'm right there with you . . . I've been advocating for flamers since I first joined MWO. It's changed slightly since 2013 . . . albeit very slightly (and not much more beyond when I started back in early 2012). Now we're being told that everything hinges on a visual rework of Flamers before they'll touch any reengineering.

On the other hand, we've also been told that the art team is so backlogged on mech skins that the new pilot mentioned a year and a half ago is little more than a pet project that'll get done whenever it gets done. However, at the same time we've also gotten new laser effects . . . yet flamers remain untouched.

At this point I'm starting to believe it's becoming one of those "as long as we ignore it then people will eventually stop equipping them and the problem will go away" . . . you know, like how they made the fixed flamer on the Puma/Adder removable equipment because people complained that flamers were useless and it's a waste of a half ton. Rather than make flamers useful they just made it removable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow . . . rereading this post and looking at what I wrote and how much vitriol I have built up on this subject . . . I think my armor has gone from shiny white to a very battered gray . . . at best.

Yeah kind of sad and I get that it's their game but there's so much that could be done with flamers...plus I admit I'm kind of a pyromaniac.

Posted Image

#45 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

Someone should ask about Clan Hero mechs. Like when they are going to come out.

#46 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Id like to ask why damage done to turrets, gate gens, o-gens and Omega are not included in the final stats?

#47 Misfit Martian

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

So when is the Wasp mech pack mentioned? I didn't see the announcement about what to buy this time around.

Can I watch this on YouTube if I miss it?

Edited by Misfit Martian, 27 January 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#48 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

View PostMisfit Martian, on 27 January 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

So when is the Wasp mech pack mentioned? I didn't see the announcement about what to buy this time around.

Can I watch this on YouTube if I miss it?

Worst minion evar...
No mention of the Wasp yet, that was me and my plans to push for more light mechs. Pretty sure there is a clan pack before we get more "unseen" releases.

Go back to your mothership :)

#49 SuicSpyder

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the place to mention it, but I was wondering if someone might ask Russ about pilot skills.

It's been a while since the steam release, and I'm sure most new players have acclimated to the game... We know that the nerf to pilot skills was a measure designed, in large part, to make it more difficult for vet. pilots to dominate the influx of new players.

So could we have our full pilot skills back? I don't think it would be game breaking to at least give back the original percentages...

And it would be REALLY nice if my spider 5D was responsive enough to actually dogfight again...that extra 7kph, accel/decel and turn radius percentage probably seems minute to many pilots, but when you live by the seat of your pants in a non-meta light mech, it means the world.

Anyhow, like I said, not sure if it's an appropriate question, or if this is the place to suggest it...but if someone was willing to ask it that would be awesome!

Also have another question, so here's the two of them if anyone will ask:

1/ Can pilot skills be reinstated?

2/ Are there any significant plans to address the "deathball is the only path to victory" meta-tactic that dominates the game (and eventually bores and drives away both those new to battletech, as well as those familiar with the lore who bemoan the lack of viability of lance-based tactics)?

#50 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 January 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

"Questions will be taken exclusively from live Twitch chat"

Posted Image

You realize that this is because Russ is a "seat of the pants" sort of person and prefers to put as little effort as possible into such things as community relations. MWO is supposed to be a worldwide game ... they bothered to put in both European and Oceanic servers ... one of the ONLY channels they use to communicate plans with the community are these town hall meetings and yet by limiting questions to online during the meeting they do several things:

1) Limit the quality of questions since they only get whatever stream of consciousness happens to come out and if there are enough questions they will get missed as the chat goes flying past. Inefficient and bad.
2) Limits the quality of the answers. Russ will either only choose to answer questions that he might have an answer for already or he will give a "seat of the pants" answer like "Community warfare will be in the game 90 days after open beta" lol ... he won't be able to answer anything where he would have to ask a designer or any member of the development team.
3) It excludes members of the community from Europe and Oceania (or even the east coast in some circumstances) due to time differences.

The meme above captures the basic stupidity of the idea of only taking questions from chat during the meeting :)

#51 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:18 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 26 January 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Questions will be taken exclusively from live Twitch chat, so come ready to discuss the present and future of MWO!

Well played, Russ/NGNG.
1: Ensure EU players will not be able to ask questions without staying up until the whee hours of the morning.
2: Pick and choose soft/convenient questions from the maelstrom in twitch chat. (Nobody can go back to a thread and point to where they asked a question, and you have plausible deniability due to the chaos of twitch chat.)
3: Ensure that people don't have an opportunity to frame their question in the context of what they are talking about. Yes, asking about ECM functionality was totally meant for a Phase 3 SoonTM comment.

Very, very nice indeed. You should work on a political candidate's support staff...

#52 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

Why are you guys hung up on the questions? Literally every single town hall lately has spent the 90% of the time on these topics:

1. Update on CW
2. Update on matchmaking
3. Update on balancing/pts
4. New Mechs/mechpack (except the last one)

Just because you don't get to have your question dodged, are you afraid these four bases won't be covered and Russ won't say what he is going to say? The flood of quesitons will allow Russ or NGNG to cherrypick the next question that will lead into a 25 minute monologue about whatever it is Russ wanted to discuss anyway. Hell, I suggested that NGNG and Russ change the format to have the first 30-40 minutes be him discussing what is coming up in MWO in a clear and concise fashion in some sort of prepared statement, instead of him trying to discuss everything about phase 3 in a disjointed fashion by answering pointed questions.

As for my stock list of questions to be ignored:

1. Flamers and Machine guns need rework/buffs. Light mechs deserve weapons too. Is anything happening?
2. Jump Jets are still bad on heavy and assault mechs. Any thoughts to buff, or are you happy with an executioner with 8 tons of dead weight?
3. The comstar initatives were really, really good. Why did they stop as soon as they started? Are they coming back ever?
4. Pilot skill tree rework is needed. Any update?
5. UI improvement in mech/weapon module screen progress?
6. New maps?
7. PPC's and AC2's still need help. Any plans?
8. Please make all events 1 week long minimum. Not everyone works Monday-Friday.
9. Planets flip too quickly in CW, and it relies too heavily on the last 2 hours of actions. Any thoughts to changing the 8 hour window win condition?

#53 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 January 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

Remember, 4 year anniversary of useless Flamers coming up.
I hope that question isn't skipped over, like anything important generally is.

Four more years of people expecting another ANTI-INFANTRY weapon to be buffed to ridiculous levels (*cough* machine guns).

#54 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 January 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Four more years of people expecting another ANTI-INFANTRY weapon to be buffed to ridiculous levels (*cough* machine guns).

Posted Image

How dare MECH GRADE weaponry not be effective MECH WEAPONS!

Let's just use them on these imaginary infantry platoons!

Posted Image

#55 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

PGI, when will you acknowledge you have players that live in the Oceanic region?

WHEN: Friday January 29th 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST / 2 AM UTC / 12pm AEST (Jan 30th)
WHERE: http://twitch.tv/NGNGtv

#56 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 January 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

How dare MECH GRADE weaponry not be effective MECH WEAPONS!

Just because a weapon is mounted on a Mech, does not mean that it is made to use against Mechs.

But I understand, you people will not quit nagging until you get Mechs that have the speed and maneuverability of a Spider with the firepower and armor of a Dire Wolf, because you can't handle having to learn different strategies for different Mechs.

#57 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 January 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

Just because a weapon is mounted on a Mech, does not mean that it is made to use against Mechs.

But I understand, you people will not quit nagging until you get Mechs that have the speed and maneuverability of a Spider with the firepower and armor of a Dire Wolf, because you can't handle having to learn different strategies for different Mechs.

Now there's a strawman if I've ever heard one.

#58 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 January 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Now there's a strawman if I've ever heard one.

And a pseudointellectual who can't come up with a real refute?

View PostZolaz, on 27 January 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

Someone should ask about Clan Hero mechs. Like when they are going to come out.

I believe that Russ said some time ago that Clan Mechs were "already Hero Mechs"...LOL, in TT, yes, but far from it in MWO.

#59 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 January 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

And a pseudointellectual who can't come up with a real refute?

You relate having weapons being equivalent to SMALL LASERs as an unacceptable balance point, to a mech having the firepower of a Whale and the agility of a Spider.

Posted Image

Immediately followed by:
Posted Image

I like this meme.

Now, come up with a logical reason, in this game without infantry, why the Flamer shouldn't have 2 DPS and the MG shouldn't have 1 DPS.

The SL has 1 DPS, but concentrated in a small period of time.
The Flamer weights twice as much as the Flamer with less than half the range (also the hottest weapon in the game)
The MG has a CoF.

Now, refute these. Don't use a personal attack, don't use a Stawman argument.
Attack the idea, not the person.

#60 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

It is a weapon in the game so it should be useful. There is nothing more to say about. You can start lore fights or realworld nonsense or whatnot but the fact stays we have flamers and MG in the game. So why keep useless things in a game that isnt beta anymore?

btw shouldn't the stream have started by now or am I in the wrong year?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users