35 replies to this topic

#1 Edward Radenovic-Espinueva

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTukayyid

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

What happened to the Golden Mechs in the store? I have been saving up to purchase and just wanted to recheck which one I would choose.

#2 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostEdward Radenovic-Espinueva, on 31 January 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

What happened to the Golden Mechs in the store? I have been saving up to purchase and just wanted to recheck which one I would choose.

Ouch... um, they aren't for sale anymore >.<

PGI took them down.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 31 January 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

Huh. I can't find them.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

Truth be told, short of the "bragging rights" or the "prestige".... it really wouldn't be worth it to have a golden mech even if it did include the first wave of Clan mechs (the original 8 Omnimech chassis).

Some looked great, some didn't.

#5 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

If i win the lotto ill convince PGI to sell me a Golden Summoner.

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

they took em down? Must be fairly recent. IIRC only the Timberwolf "sold out."

#7 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

Pro.... uh.. well "Tip"

Get the clanner you want.
Purchase a one shot of the Wolf camo.
Paint it in the same yellow or beige tone.
Smile. :) (Wolf Clan Camo has the gold reflection all over it)

#8 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:33 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 31 January 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Pro.... uh.. well &quot;Tip&quot;

Get the clanner you want.
Purchase a one shot of the Wolf camo.
Paint it in the same yellow or beige tone.
Smile. :) (Wolf Clan Camo has the gold reflection all over it)

Yeah.. but it still has the faux damascus look and you dont get to brag about being the lucky few that spent several hundreds of dollars for really just one mech.

#9 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

this must be very recent then, because i was just checking them out the other day.. If you really want the package, i would contact support.. I can't see why they wouldn't, money is money

#10 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

Imagin "Golden Warhammer". Posted Image

#11 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 01 February 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

this must be very recent then, because i was just checking them out the other day.. If you really want the package, i would contact support.. I can't see why they wouldn't, money is money

Given the way the community reacted when PGI suggested selling the phoenix pack again, I don't think they will. Limited time is apparently a sacred bond that must never be violated. I personally couldn't care less if they put them on sale again, but that's me. What's even the point of limiting a digital item that can't be traded or sold?

#12 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 01 February 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

Given the way the community reacted when PGI suggested selling the phoenix pack again, I don't think they will. Limited time is apparently a sacred bond that must never be violated. I personally couldn't care less if they put them on sale again, but that's me. What's even the point of limiting a digital item that can't be traded or sold?

I know right. Exclusivity for the sake of itself. I can understand maybe if it's in connection with milestone events (Be the very first! The Few!!!) Even that can get pretty silly, but just saying something is exclusive and making it exclusive so that other people will never be able to get it is extra silly.

Edited by Moldur, 01 February 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#13 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostKoniving, on 31 January 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Truth be told, short of the "bragging rights" or the "prestige".... it really wouldn't be worth it to have a golden mech even if it did include the first wave of Clan mechs (the original 8 Omnimech chassis).

Some looked great, some didn't.

well converting in game to real life currency the golden mechs still 'saved' you nearly 100 dollars as the Wave 1 top tier nearly saved 600 dollars. (not calculating worth of the things that have no worth, ie titles, badges, etc).
However it is a great way to support PGI and if I could have purchased a pack I would have purchased one.

View PostMoldur, on 01 February 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

I know right. Exclusivity for the sake of itself. I can understand maybe if it's in connection with milestone events (Be the very first! The Few!!!) Even that can get pretty silly, but just saying something is exclusive and making it exclusive so that other people will never be able to get it is extra silly.

I am pretty sure the exclusivity was in the limitation and not the time... but I can understand the exclusivity ... those fundings directly influenced IGP leaving us, It influenced us having CW mode and also having a better game overall. Those times have passed and we are in the brighter future now. Those packages are no longer needed and now it'll be an oddity to the new players when they run into the rare "500 dollar mechs".

Personally I would want a second Phoenix package. not an identical pack. Maybe have some different variants / new variants. perhaps spruce up the phoenix camo and extras. Most extras go directly to the people who already got a pack while people who didn't now have a chance to buy it. I do not see much of a reason for it not to be available besides the fact that they give you loyalty point bonus and clans got no counterpart.

#14 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 01 February 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

Pheonix was limited time. Gold mechs were limited number. Since those numbers were never met (cept madcat) its very strange they would stop selling em.

#15 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostMerryIguana, on 01 February 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

Pheonix was limited time. Gold mechs were limited number. Since those numbers were never met (cept madcat) its very strange they would stop selling em.

The Mad Cat was not the only "sold out" Gold Mech, at least 4 were sold out last time I looked at that page (about 6 months ago).

I voted to open up Phoenix sales again but I would be strongly opposed to reopening Founders, however I would have no problem with changing the name and offering a simular pack for those who are interested, put preferably with different "special" variants

#16 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:54 PM

I died laughing every time someone said the golden mechs were P2W. But that's a dead horse issue.

As far as reopening a closed package. The only ones that shouldn't be reopened are the ones that are 'exclusive' or the founders package. How does putting it up for sale again harm me? The only thing that might "hurt" is my ego. I can't say "I have something you don't" which is a bonus to some people.

Package that shouldn't be reopened is the founders package. The circumstances for that package has passed. Reopening it and calling it a founders package would be like climbing Mnt Everest a week after Edmund Hillary did and saying you want to be credited with climbing it the first time ever.

Now if PGI released a "new founders" package and the mechs had a different suffix, not (F), and camo pattern then I say go for it. You might have a number of founders buy it. Why? Because the days of 4 mechs for $120 are long gone.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 01 February 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#17 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 01 February 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

The Mad Cat was not the only "sold out" Gold Mech, at least 4 were sold out last time I looked at that page (about 6 months ago).

I voted to open up Phoenix sales again but I would be strongly opposed to reopening Founders, however I would have no problem with changing the name and offering a simular pack for those who are interested, put preferably with different "special" variants

Maybe an anniversary pack that holds all the original mechs?

Atlas, catapult, hunchback, jenner.
(alternate pack)
Awesome, dragon, centurion, commando. [other 4 original mechs that were there but not in pack form]

Add some extra goodies and stuff in there in celebration of another year of success in MW: O. (reduced costs for founders maybe? or maybe the alt pack is only available to those who have founders or something... I do not quite know, only an idea)

#18 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 01 February 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

I died laughing every time someone said the golden mechs were P2W. But that's a dead horse issue.

As far as reopening a closed package. The only ones that shouldn't be reopened are the ones that are 'exclusive' or the founders package. How does putting it up for sale again harm me? The only thing that might "hurt" is my ego. I can't say "I have something you don't" which is a bonus to some people.

Package that shouldn't be reopened is the founders package. The circumstances for that package has passed. Reopening it and calling it a founders package would be like climbing Mnt Everest a week after Edmund Hillary did and saying you want to be credited with climbing it the first time ever.

Now if PGI released a "new founders" package and the mechs had a different suffix, not (F), and camo pattern then I say go for it. You might have a number of founders buy it. Why? Because the days of 4 mechs for $120 are long gone.

what is your opinion on my idea? New camo and stuff to go with it...actually... maybe make it the original camo, aka before you could edit camo?

Atlas [red with grey details, white on skull]
Posted Image
Awesome [brown with light camo yellow details]
Posted Image
Catapult [yellow with brown details]
Posted Image
Dragon [red oxide]
Posted Image
Hunchback [saturated blue-green with orange details]
Posted Image
Centurion [silver/ white]
Posted Image
Jenner [light saturated green with orange/ red oxide details]
Posted Image
Commando [light green]
Posted Image

#19 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

I.... would be all over an original concept screenshot camo pack.

#20 Edward Radenovic-Espinueva

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTukayyid

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

I knew what I was buying when I bought my Gold Dire Wolf. I knew I was basically buying the Gold skin, not the pack, lol. But now I can't round out my Golden theme for CW tonnage of 240 tons. I was going to get the Gold Adder, Nova, and Stormcrow for my default setup. Then later on purchase the Gold Summoner and Kit Fox together with the Gold Dire and Adder would make another loadout. *sigh*

And the gold mechs shouldn't have been limited time. I didn't know it was. Limited time means anyone can get it for a decent price within a short time frame. The Gold mechs are simply if you have $500 to burn go right ahead, thus making it "limited" in the sense by way of affordability.

Has there been a definitive answer given by the devs why they removed it?

Edited by Edward Radenovic-Espinueva, 03 February 2016 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users