Ppcs, Flamers And Gauss

4 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

It seems to me that these three weapons are next to completely useless. I rarely see flamers or Gauss guns in games and by rarely I mean one game a week maybe for Gauss. One game every 2 or 3 weeks for flamers. As for PPCs I see these with moderate regularity but its most likely ERs or clan weapons. I usually watch matches to the end if I go down and very seldom see plain old PPCs.
I think any one reading this knows full well what the flaws in these weapons are so I won't go into a re-re-hash. I had thought of a few ideas for improvements to these weapons. I know nothing of programing or game design so I keep it basic. I'm just throwing these out to see what folks think.
Flamers: How about similar damage to a MG with added heat of and at the same rate with the added bonus of reducing the firers heat? Since the weapon is supposed to be venting fusion exhaust it seems to me it aught to be like turning on your car heater if your engine is over heating. ( my old grand am had a problem with this so I had to use this trick on a few occasions). Shouldn't be a balance breaker I don't think and would make the weapon at least more useful than it is now. Why wouldn't I just take a very useful med las at the moment? The other idea is just halve the weight of the thing as it stands because one ton for useless? 2 small las would serve more purpose.

PPCs: I really don't get these. At least speed up the bolt for gods sake. Its a directed energy weapon. Why is it moving slower than a dirty, old fashioned gas expansion driven projectile? As it stands they are crap at long range because of the lack of speed and do no damage at short range because...they couldn't figure out the TT short range hit reduction in video game form I guess. I don't really get the whole short range negatives in any case except as a game balance tool. Not how particle beams work in RL but any way...at least give'em some speed if nothing else. The ER PPC has punishing heat but at least they are useful in a fight.

Finally my most hated weapon, the Gauss. Get rid of that friggen lame charge up. "They were OP and there was no reason to take an AC 20 over a Gauss before." Meh I don't know about that. AC 20s don't crit and blow your torso off with alarming regularity. They also do 5 more damage for what should be the same reload time. But how about this; If you don't want every man and his 'mech running around with 4 Gauss guns just run the price up to 2 million each? I know the only thing that stops me filling my expansion slots is the price of expansions.

Just my ideas. Seems a shame to have the 'mech lab weapon shop with 3 weapons in it that serve no purpose. I really love g-g-g-guns.

Edited by CaptainNapalm, 07 February 2016 - 02:29 PM.

#2 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:17 PM

View PostCaptainNapalm, on 07 February 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

But how about this; If you don't want every man and his 'mech running around with 4 Gauss guns just run the price up to 2 million each?

I don't care even if it's price would be 100kk C-Bills if it kills everyone out there - it will be my weapon of choice any timePosted Image But charge mechanic is plain stupid. You charge it fo 0.75secs while any energy boat with LPLs and quirks land full alpha inda face in 0.6 secs - gg, close PGI. Posted Image
PPCs - they just lack in hitreg (shooting 'em chain fired into standing still target you'll see about 50% of hits) and next to useless projectile speed. Thou, about nearly the same speed as any other ACs, that's why ACs suck as well Posted Image
Flamers and MGuns - Posted Image Funny joke

Edited by Bukkakechans flying futapantsu, 07 February 2016 - 11:19 PM.

#3 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

Looks like yet another post on someone wanting flamers buffed...It is becoming painfully obvious that something needs to be done with them, why nothing has been done is crazy...considering that flamers weren't even that good in mw4 with 150m, and they are only 90m in this game...that is way too short of range.

As the poll 'flamers' showed, 34 players want the flamer to just do the purpose it was designed for, overheat the enemy mech. Only 2 players were against anything being done. Practically, there are three options:

-extend max range to 150m.
-increase heat to enemy mech by +50%.
-increase the damage.

Personally...I'd like the first option the most, then the second.

#4 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:04 PM

and then add SRM 2 Inferno loads.

#5 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

My other idea was screw the TT rules, have gauss guns build up heat. Have them build it up during the capacitor charge phase as loading a slug into a gauss would take little time but charging the capacitor would take time and cause heat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users