2 replies to this topic

#1 Nainko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:50 AM

Dear MWO-Community,

In CW we often faced the problem that too many active players were on the same faction at the same time. I think, my idea of a bonus/malus system could be very interesting especially for merc units and new players. A merc goes to the faction which pays him/her best, that’s the merc’s nature. A faction with has less active soldiers has less expenses, so they could rise the benefit for the people which fight for them. So much for the role-play factor.

At first we have to define an active CW player. Its definition “could” be:
- Played at least 5 CW matches in the last 7 days
- Played at least 10 CW matches in the last 10 days
- Played at least 25 CW matches in the last 30 days

It is not important which of these is be used or a totally different one, as long one is used as filter on all CW players. No matter if they fought for one or several factions in this time. The system is already tracking this information, so it must be easy to read out this data.

We have 10 factions, so it would be optimal if each faction had 10% of the total amount of active CW players. This will of course not the case. At first we need an overview which faction has how many active players. A simple overlay attached in the inner sphere view would be sufficient.

When a faction has 10% active players, all MechWarrior fighting in CW for this faction should get 100% C-Bills and 100% Loyalty Points. (Base value, Mechboni Equiptment boni come on top of that)

Each faction that differs from these 10% would get a bonus or malus of 5% on the C-Bills and Loyalty per 1% difference.

If a faction has only 9% of the active players, all MechWarrior fighting in CW for this faction should get 105% C-Bills and 105% Loyalty Points.

And a faction which has 13% of the active players would get a malus of 15% on C-bills and Loyalty Points.

The bonus/malus could reach up to 50%, if a faction manage to have only 0,49% or less of the active players or one faction would have 20% or more of the active players.

I think that every merc unit would like to get better payed and make easier the Loyalty Achievements. The same applies to new MechWarrior. They would rather join a faction in which they could gain faster more profit.

I don’t see a reason why this should not be done for the upcoming solo-queue and unit-queue. If you are in a unit. And I think it should be applied to the MC system for planets as well. (!)

To make it again clear, the system should NOT take all players into account, only the players which are qualified to be active players. The calculation of the amount of active CW players per faction can be done with every cease fire.

This would be an easy to use and easy to understand problem which benefits players in small faction for their duties more than the one in huge factions. But it will make the smallest faction always be the most attractive faction for merc units or new/solo players to join.
And it would regulate a little when many active players change the faction in a short period of time. If a heavy weight is jumping between the scale pans, it must cause a bigger impact than a feather weight.

I hope this could at least be an inspiration to the right people.

Thank you for reading

Edited by Nainko, 08 February 2016 - 05:56 AM.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:58 AM

what about - CW house units - I don't think you want to kneecap yourself.

should the activity meter take the attack window in account?
doesn't help much when you have 20% Steiner in the European Attack Window - but only 1% in the NA

#3 Nainko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:39 AM

1. CW House Units are CW House Units. They will stay at their House/Clan what ever it takes. But when all house units are settled down, the rest would balance it out much better.

2. I don't think so, for obvious reasons. When the only LIAO Unit is active they would not get the proper bonus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users